Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RB's: Ray Rice

Default RB's: Ray Rice

Isn't he a 2012 Free Agent? Now that would be a nice pick-up! ;-)

Or, draft Trent Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Ray Rice is amazing but I would rather have a great line an okay RB then two amazing running backs and an OK to crap line.
    Is this not basically the same line as last year when Charles rushed for over 1000 yds and Cassell had a nice year?

So, is Charles an OK RB with a great line or do we have a great line with an OK RB?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Isn't he a 2012 Free Agent? Now that would be a nice pick-up! ;-)

Or, draft Trent Richardson
    I think he will be long gone by our pick at 11 or 12 but do believe it would be a good investment to pick up another solid RB just for the fact JC may not be the player he was before.

Is this not basically the same line as last year when Charles rushed for over 1000 yds and Cassell had a nice year?

So, is Charles an OK RB with a great line or do we have a great line with an OK RB?? lol
    We had an AMAZING RB last year and a trash line, not sure how he will be after his inury.

We had an AMAZING RB last year and a trash line, not sure how he will be after his inury.
    Never heard of a "trash" O-line contributing to a 1400+ yard rusher regardless of who it was...other than Barry Sanders haha

Never heard of a "trash" O-line contributing to a 1400+ yard rusher regardless of who it was...other than Barry Sanders haha
    Larry Johnson, 2009 - 2.9 YPC
    Charles, 2009 - 5.9 YPC

Thomas Jones, 2010 - 3.7 YPC
    Charles, 2010 - 6.4 YPC

Jackie Battle, 2011 - 4.0 YPC
    Thomas Jones, 2011 - 3.1 YPC
    Charles, 2011 - 6.9 YPC

Jamaal Charles is a very unique talent.

You mentioned Barry Sanders, but even he never had a YPC average like Charles di in 2010.

I think our run-blocking was improved this season (no longer able to rely on Charles to cover up their faults.) But they are improved from very poor, to be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Larry Johnson, 2009 - 2.9 YPC
    Charles, 2009 - 5.9 YPC

Thomas Jones, 2010 - 3.7 YPC
    Charles, 2010 - 6.4 YPC

Jackie Battle, 2011 - 4.0 YPC
    Thomas Jones, 2011 - 3.1 YPC
    Charles, 2011 - 6.9 YPC

Jamaal Charles is a very unique talent.

You mentioned Barry Sanders, but even he never had a YPC average like Charles di in 2010.

I think our run-blocking was improved this season (no longer able to rely on Charles to cover up their faults.) But they are improved from very poor, to be decent.
    Very true!

For the record, I like Charles and I was the one arguing to let him play more in his rookie year and to keep him when others wanted him gone (due to his size).

My vision is a look like New Orleans in the RB arena.

Simply put, even though I would start Charles but limit his carries next year due to this injury, I would undoubtedly find another SOLID back that can compliment him and/or take the load if he is not ready.

Thomas Jones is done and Battle is not the answer.

There will plenty of very good choices in the 1st and 2nd round to fill in.

We also had an excellent oc last yr.....game planning so to speak. Im gonna be mad as hell if we pass on crennel and he ends up in kansas. That would be the ultimate f u to pioli. Gotta wonder why pioli didnt squash haley after weiss left knowing what we know now.

I agree we need a solid 2nd back to compliment Charles and be insurance if Charles doesn't come back as good after injury.

I feel like we should try to improve the O-line though before addressing RB.

I agree that Thomas Jones is done, Jackie Battle has a few more carries left in him though.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan18 View Post
    I agree we need a solid 2nd back to compliment Charles and be insurance if Charles doesn't come back as good after injury.

I feel like we should try to improve the O-line though before addressing RB.

I agree that Thomas Jones is done, Jackie Battle has a few more carries left in him though.
    This.

In 2010, Jones rushed for 900 yards. He won't be able to do that next year, but if we can get somebody who is at least as good as he was then, an improved O-line would make both him and Charles better. We could have 2 1,000 yd rushers, but the O-line has to come first - for the run game and the pass game.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    This.

In 2010, Jones rushed for 900 yards. He won't be able to do that next year, but if we can get somebody who is at least as good as he was then, an improved O-line would make both him and Charles better. We could have 2 1,000 yd rushers, but the O-line has to come first - for the run game and the pass game.
    I see reiff from iowa as an option but havent seen much love on these boards. ???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast