Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Del Rio to interview for Chiefs job. WHY??

Default Jack Del Rio to interview for Chiefs job. WHY??

We didn't see this coming: Former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio will interview for the Chiefs' head-coaching job Friday, according to Kansas City's KCTV5.

Jacksonville fired Del Rio in late November after a 3-8 start. It was his eighth season with the Jaguars and he left with a 68-71 record, including two playoff appearances. But the Jags under Del Rio hadn't finished above .500 since 2007, a four-year span that included two 5-11 finishes (including '11, when they went 2-3 with Mel Tucker as the interim head coach). And sources told CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco that Del Rio had lost his drive, showing up to work at 9 a.m., which is swell for your garden-variety sedentary pencil pusher but equivalent to banker's hours for an NFL head coach.

Former Jaguars running back Fred Taylor, who played for Tom Coughlin and Del Rio before ending his career with Bill Belichick and the Patriots, said that Del Rio played favorites and that contributed to his downfall.

"Why do you think I'm not there?" Taylor asked the ThePostGame.com's Eric Adelson shortly after Del Rio was canned. "… At the end of the day, [Del Rio]'s not a head coach. He's a great defensive coach. But he's not a head coach."

And its called rumors because he had 3 accidental fires that saved his failing establishments here in my town. So the rumors were abundant.

Maybe he is just interviewing him as a recreational thing. I sit in on interviews at work from time to time. Even when it's clear who will get the job, it's still nice to see as many people as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Maybe he is just interviewing him as a recreational thing. I sit in on interviews at work from time to time. Even when it's clear who will get the job, it's still nice to see as many people as you can.
    Very ture. Never limit your options. Del Rio never did anything to me that said he can't be a head coach in the NFL. Maybe it was the management there. You never know unless you talk to him. Maybe he can blow your mind in a interview get the job and do great things. You just never no.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The guy that owns rumors, a restaurant in lees summit, hes from my home town and employs a few of my friends all said cowher was in lees summit buying a house. Does cowher have family in kc?
    It sounds to me like Ruimors employees like to start rumors!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123