Thread: chiefs intrested to interview mike mularky the falcons oc

Default chiefs intrested to interview mike mularky the falcons oc

Report: Jack Del Rio to interview for Chiefs job - CBSSports.com

By Ryan Wilson

We didn't see this coming: Former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio will interview for the Chiefs' head-coaching job Friday, according to Kansas City's KCTV5.

Jacksonville fired Del Rio in late November after a 3-8 start. It was his eighth season with the Jaguars and he left with a 68-71 record, including two playoff appearances. But the Jags under Del Rio hadn't finished above .500 since 2007, a four-year span that included two 5-11 finishes (including '11, when they went 2-3 with Mel Tucker as the interim head coach). And sources told CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco that Del Rio had lost his drive, showing up to work at 9 a.m., which is swell for your garden-variety sedentary pencil pusher but equivalent to banker's hours for an NFL head coach.

Former Jaguars running back Fred Taylor, who played for Tom Coughlin and Del Rio before ending his career with Bill Belichick and the Patriots, said that Del Rio played favorites and that contributed to his downfall.

"Why do you think I'm not there?" Taylor asked the ThePostGame.com's Eric Adelson shortly after Del Rio was canned. "… At the end of the day, [Del Rio]'s not a head coach. He's a great defensive coach. But he's not a head coach."

Also not helping Del Rio: the Jaguars' dreadful offense, exacerbated by a rookie quarterback and zero playmakers outside of Maurice Jones-Drew. But it's not like the Chiefs are an offensive juggernaut. They "featured" Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko and Kyle Orton under center at various points this season. Yes, Del Rio, a defensive coach, could higher a brilliant offensive mind to turn things around but if that's the thinking, why hire Del Rio at all? Just hire the brilliant offensive mind.

Or, if general manager Scott Pioli is interested in a defensive-minded head coach in the Belichick mold, here's a thought: give the job to Romeo Crennel, the Chiefs' defensive coordinator who took over after Todd Haley was fired late in the season. Crennel has the support of his players and he did something no other team had been able to do in 12 months: beat the Packers.

Kansas City has also interviewed Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin are are reportedly interested in speaking with Falcons' OC Mike Mularky.

Please no Del Rio..... Please....... no........

I am not taking any of these other interviews too seriously as the chiefs have time right now to be thorough and I think they are doing just that. I still think that it is Romeos to lose... but I guess we will see.

I feel it will take a great interview to unseat Crennel and I bet the HC position will come with terms... like we stay a 3-4 I hope.

And Mularky!?!?! gimme a break.... What a bunch of Mularky.....

see what I did there......

Del Rio as DC puts Crennel as the HC, which is not to my flavor but Mularky..Not a top pick for my tatse either.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    Report: Jack Del Rio to interview for Chiefs job - CBSSports.com

By Ryan Wilson

We didn't see this coming: Former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio will interview for the Chiefs' head-coaching job Friday, according to Kansas City's KCTV5.

Jacksonville fired Del Rio in late November after a 3-8 start. It was his eighth season with the Jaguars and he left with a 68-71 record, including two playoff appearances. But the Jags under Del Rio hadn't finished above .500 since 2007, a four-year span that included two 5-11 finishes (including '11, when they went 2-3 with Mel Tucker as the interim head coach). And sources told CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco that Del Rio had lost his drive, showing up to work at 9 a.m., which is swell for your garden-variety sedentary pencil pusher but equivalent to banker's hours for an NFL head coach.

Former Jaguars running back Fred Taylor, who played for Tom Coughlin and Del Rio before ending his career with Bill Belichick and the Patriots, said that Del Rio played favorites and that contributed to his downfall.

"Why do you think I'm not there?" Taylor asked the ThePostGame.com's Eric Adelson shortly after Del Rio was canned. "… At the end of the day, [Del Rio]'s not a head coach. He's a great defensive coach. But he's not a head coach."

Also not helping Del Rio: the Jaguars' dreadful offense, exacerbated by a rookie quarterback and zero playmakers outside of Maurice Jones-Drew. But it's not like the Chiefs are an offensive juggernaut. They "featured" Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko and Kyle Orton under center at various points this season. Yes, Del Rio, a defensive coach, could higher a brilliant offensive mind to turn things around but if that's the thinking, why hire Del Rio at all? Just hire the brilliant offensive mind.

Or, if general manager Scott Pioli is interested in a defensive-minded head coach in the Belichick mold, here's a thought: give the job to Romeo Crennel, the Chiefs' defensive coordinator who took over after Todd Haley was fired late in the season. Crennel has the support of his players and he did something no other team had been able to do in 12 months: beat the Packers.

Kansas City has also interviewed Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin are are reportedly interested in speaking with Falcons' OC Mike Mularky.
    Nuff said.....