Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interimtag

Default Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interimtag

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interim tag from his title. Move would be popular in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    No idea why you guys are so high on Romeo. I just hope you're right. As a DC, he was average at best. Had great games, and had many ugly losses (blowouts). And too many times I couldn't see that he could make needed adjustments during the game. We'll see. I'm sure there are many worse choices.
    His 5 Super Bowl rings might disagree with you.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Something I forgot to mention in my other post but how is he average at best? You have to think back to the pats superbowl years they had a WR playing cb at times in Troy Brown. He wasn't loaded with talent there at times. And how many superbowls have they won since he left?
    Don't forget...Coach Bill was there to help him! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Over drama on his ability. Don't forget that the Offense had something to do with their wins. It was NOT defensive dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Over drama on his ability. Don't forget that the Offense had something to do with their wins. It was NOT defensive dominance.
    And the theory that defense wins championships has something to do with it too. Look at the Chiefs, high flying offense and no defense = no second round playoff games.

I'm going to go ahead and say that lessons have been learned and this is a different team. Crennel earned the job and we'll get to see what he can do. Is he the answer? Who knows but because this isn't an over hyped Fisher or a pick my favorites Del Rio somehow people think this is a bad pick.

Someone mentioned age being a factor. Paterno was coaching into his 80's at Penn State. If you love your job age really doesn't matter. Granted college football is a different level but saying that Crennel only has 4 or 5 years left is assuming. Unless he's said something that I'm not aware of though.

Dude kurt warner was part of the greatest show on turf. And it wasnt a scoring affair it was a last second field goal neither team scored twenty. Ur just being a hater. Every athelete in the world will tell u DEFENSE WINS.CHAMPIONSHOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Dude kurt warner was part of the greatest show on turf. And it wasnt a scoring affair it was a last second field goal neither team scored twenty. Ur just being a hater. Every athelete in the world will tell u DEFENSE WINS.CHAMPIONSHOPS!
    Not a hater at all...Just going on what I know and what is FACT.

I posted a new thread on Romeo's record where his defenses RANKED...

Go read it if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

The second and third string players got a ring too....

Not a hater at all...Just going on what I know and what is FACT.

I posted a new thread on Romeo's record where his defenses RANKED...

Go read it if you will.
    Its the bend dont break defense. Im lazy instead of looking at total defense look at his points allowed. Id bet its in the top ten every year. So u r using stats to support ur opinion, which is fine but be objective. If u dont allow as many points a game then ur giving a chance to win. I dont give a crap if he gives up 150 yards rushing a game or 300 yards passing if the opposing team is getting field goals, or making the plays when needed.

When u stop peyton manning on fourth and 1 from the 1 to win the game u r good at ur job.

The second and third string players got a ring too....

The second and third string players weren't the ones that designed a defense that helped win those five rings, nor called the defenses during the games to help protect and ensure victories.

I love...oh, you know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast