Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interimtag

Default Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interimtag

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Chiefs are planning to retain Romeo Crennel and remove interim tag from his title. Move would be popular in the locker room.

No idea why you guys are so high on Romeo. I just hope you're right. As a DC, he was average at best. Had great games, and had many ugly losses (blowouts). And too many times I couldn't see that he could make needed adjustments during the game. We'll see. I'm sure there are many worse choices.

Default I thought the kool-aide was frozen

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    No idea why you guys are so high on Romeo. I just hope you're right. As a DC, he was average at best. Had great games, and had many ugly losses (blowouts). And too many times I couldn't see that he could make needed adjustments during the game. We'll see. I'm sure there are many worse choices.

I with ya. Seems like much has not changed. I thought a house clean out was in order!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

And right on cue... the detractors arrive...

The blowouts had a lot to do with the offense either A. Sucking and the D was on the field the whole game. Or B. Putting the other team in field goal range at least. It was not all on the D that they gave up so many points. Just look at the first game opening kickoff. Gave the bills the ball in the red zone. Of course there going to get points most the time.

The one thing I don't like about staying with Romeo is his age. He's not going to be around for more then 4 or 5 years then we are going to be looking for yet anther head coach. I would have liked to see a younger guy be brought in that could be around for longer. But I am not to upset about this hire.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Something I forgot to mention in my other post but how is he average at best? You have to think back to the pats superbowl years they had a WR playing cb at times in Troy Brown. He wasn't loaded with talent there at times. And how many superbowls have they won since he left?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

maybe there wouldn't of been blow outs if our offense didn't look like a high school offense, i like the idea of zorn being oc. I've like us bringing him in from day one. defense either promote emmit thomas or bring in mangini. we know crennel will have a finger on our d no matter who it is

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    And right on cue... the detractors arrive...
    Sorry, didn't mean to have alternative opinions. Thought it was a forum. Tell you what, I'll just sit back and read all your posts and learn from you.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    maybe there wouldn't of been blow outs if our offense didn't look like a high school offense, i like the idea of zorn being oc. I've like us bringing him in from day one. defense either promote emmit thomas or bring in mangini. we know crennel will have a finger on our d no matter who it is
    I agree with that. But you can't sidestep the two blowouts to end the season last year. All the starters were playing, and the D suked. He has good games and he has awful games. Watched him in Cleveland a lot!

If you watch...most of those blowouts were close games in teh first half. Thanks to the defense. You can only leave them on the field so long and expect them to produce.

Sorry, didn't mean to have alternative opinions. Thought it was a forum. Tell you what, I'll just sit back and read all your posts and learn from you.
    Perhaps if every post from you wasnt doom and gloom, this opinion would not be voiced when you post things. Correct me if im wrong but werent you recently posting that you were just gonna stop watching?? Cant make statements like that without expecting someone to say something. Just sayin'....
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Canada hit it on the head. If ALL your "alternative opinions" weren't what was wrong with the Chiefs or why this player sucks, why this guy should be cut, etc., your whining sarcastic apology would mean more.

But I joked with others off site that the moment the Romeo story broke, there would be a bunch that would show up to say that this was the wrong move, he was terrible in Cleveland, blah blah blah blah blah...

Fact is, no matter how many stats anyone posts, or theories anyone expounds upon, we are not going to know how next season will go until the cleats start hitting the field.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast