Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Makes us look pretty good

Default Makes us look pretty good

That Teboner and the Donkeys just spanked the Steelers in OT right after we spanked them and held them to 3 points despite us losing our number 1 WR before the second half (and all the other injuries on our team).

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So what we have here is a strongly biased opinion of a people, and saying the Chiefs have no leaders, when they clearly do. Matt Cassel is a very good leader. He held camps in the off season so the team can work. He lets rookies live with him until they can get they can adapt to the NFL life. He single handedly energized this team numerous times last year, even more specifically right after he had his appendix out.

McClain is also another huge leader.

Have you seen Derrick Johnson recently. Not only is he directing players on the field on where they should be, He is right and making plays.

Eric Berry was another leader until he got hurt.

Supposedly Thomas Jones is a leader, but I just do see it.

Fact of the matter you have fallen into the Media biased love for Tebow. Did you know two rookie QB's too their team to the playoffs last week. The Texans won their first ever Play off game. The Bugals lead by a Rookie QB made a rare trip to the play offs. Do you hear anything about them.

Yes Tebow made a great throw to end the game but how about the 3 before that got the fans in Denver Booing him. Let also give Credit to Thomas for making the play Agaist Ike Taylor like he did all game long.

WOW! you need to have another beer dude, Any one who can say the chiefs offense have lots of good leaders has definately not been watching the miserable blowout losses I have been watching. This offense is lost,they have lots of talent, but its not being put to use. Orton kinda did that whan he came in,but still do not think he is the answer. I have NOT seen any one step up in the chiefs offense and take this team upon themselves get more out of each and every player. Thats what real true leaders do and Cassel has not been that guy.

Now with the Defense its been different, we have seen several guys do this, DJ, Hali, Carr, Flowers and more..........

And if you had read my other post in this very same thread you would know I'm not on the(Tebowe is a great QB bandwagon)....So find someone else to feed your media bias bull to..
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 01-10-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    WOW! you need to have another beer dude, Any one who can say the chiefs offense have lots of good leaders has definately not been watching the miserable blowout losses I have been watching. This offense is lost,they have lots of talent, but its not being put to use. Orton kinda did that whan he came in,but still do not think he is the answer. I have NOT seen any one step up in the chiefs offense and take this team upon themselves get more out of each and every player. Thats what real true leaders do and Cassel has not been that guy.

Now with the Defense its been different, we have seen several guys do this, DJ, Hali, Carr, Flowers and more..........

And if you had read my other post in this very same thread you would know I'm not on the(Tebowe is a great QB bandwagon)....So find someone else to feed your media bias bull to..

Yes, I watch the games. I go to them live. Fact of the matter if you really don't think this offense has leaders. It is because you are already negatively biases and have closed your mind to even bother looking at them positively.

Why on earth would Cassel be on the side lines after IR and help Orton if he was not a team leader.

After watching Orton against Greenbay, I was clearly on the Anti Cassel Wagon, but to say he is not a leader is complete farse. The guy came out after having his appendix removed and emotionally brough the Chiefs to life.

Fact of the matter, Cassel thrived under Weis as the OC, and was openly arguing with Haley because there was conflicts that obviously was Haley.

There are leaders on this offense. You just have to be open minded to look past your owned biased opinions to see it.

Now, I am curious to see Cassel without Haley to see if we get the Cassel that won in New England and last year.

McClain has also ran the whole length of the field after getting a hard earned first down run against the Packers. Did you see that on TV or was it missed because it was McClain and not Tebow.

Even Bowe energized this team this year with the first home win. He made an incredible run with tons of determination for a TD. I know Arrowhead saw it and thrived off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes, I watch the games. I go to them live. Fact of the matter if you really don't think this offense has leaders. It is because you are already negatively biases and have closed your mind to even bother looking at them positively.

Why on earth would Cassel be on the side lines after IR and help Orton if he was not a team leader.

After watching Orton against Greenbay, I was clearly on the Anti Cassel Wagon, but to say he is not a leader is complete farse. The guy came out after having his appendix removed and emotionally brough the Chiefs to life.

Fact of the matter, Cassel thrived under Weis as the OC, and was openly arguing with Haley because there was conflicts that obviously was Haley.

There are leaders on this offense. You just have to be open minded to look past your owned biased opinions to see it.

Now, I am curious to see Cassel without Haley to see if we get the Cassel that won in New England and last year.

McClain has also ran the whole length of the field after getting a hard earned first down run against the Packers. Did you see that on TV or was it missed because it was McClain and not Tebow.

Even Bowe energized this team this year with the first home win. He made an incredible run with tons of determination for a TD. I know Arrowhead saw it and thrived off it.

Leaders do more than just energize the moment and leaders don't loose one embarrasing lost after the other at home no less. Leaders don't give up, and we all know this offense gave up on several of those losses. This offense had more 3 and outs than any team I have ever followed.

If thats the kind of leadership you like to see than have at it. I have higher expectations out of the leaders on my team.

I stick with my comment, this offense is desperate for a leader to step up.

Leaders do more than just energize the moment and leaders don't loose one embarrasing lost after the other at home no less. Leaders don't give up, and we all know this offense gave up on several of those losses. This offense had more 3 and outs than any team I have ever followed.

If thats the kind of leadership you like to see than have at it. I have higher expectations out of the leaders on my team.

I agree with Seek, We do have leaders, I believe the Core of the problems was Todd Haley. Haley got fired, Romeo stepped in and the offense stepped up. They played better under Romeo then Haley, that's a fact..

You mean like Tebow did for three games straight. The Shine On Tebow will wear off. Fans were already booing him in the play off game because of his poor throws.

He can be a drama queen for the cameras but eventually his performance will grow stale and the Energy you think he is bringing will also go stale and people will then realize that there are 10 other people on the field making plays and not just the center piece.

As I said, the credit should go to the Coaches and other players, for getting the best use of all the players despite the lack of a QB they have in Tebow.

I don't beleive the offense gave up. I believe they were handcuffed by injuries and a cancer of a coach, who fired Chan Gailey for having to open of an offense, and then ran off Weis for not calling his plays. And both times the offense failed under Haley's direction. You can say injuries happen but NO team goes 7-9 with 4 KEY starters going down, and then having the back up to one of those starters sit half the games due to nagging injuries.

Those home losses were tied to the defense just as the offense unless you are considereing the Palko starts..

The Chiefs offensive line is half an offensive line. Our running backs are sub Par. I don't care what type of leader you think you can put out there, but they wont succeed under the conditions the Chiefs had this year.

Again, you are looking only at the result and not the cause and are clearly too closed minded to even look at the positives or negatives that MAKE A TEAM...

That doersn't sound like our defense to you?

So, if we have no leaders on offense because of those factors, then we have no leaders on defense, for the exact same reasons, right?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

So, if we have no leaders on offense because of those factors, then we have no leaders on defense, for the exact same reasons, right?
    Quid Pro Quo

The difference is that our defense got it together and the leaders stepped forward and picked this team up and played some real football, something the offense did not. The offense is still looking for that reason to believe in themselves and it may just take a new OC to get it done or maybe a new face at qb. I do think Cassel took some of the heat that was Haleys fault. But bottom line is, the OL was and still is searching.

The difference is that our defense got it together and the leaders stepped forward and picked this team up and played some real football, ...
    While the offenseive "leaders" got send to the hospital for the year?

something the offense did not. The offense is still looking for that reason to believe in themselves and it may just take a new OC to get it done or maybe a new face at qb. I do think Cassel took some of the heat that was Haleys fault. But bottom line is, the OL was and still is searching.
    They may even be searching for leadership. I don't know. I am not on that offense, and those are the people who have some idea of ho much leadership they have.

I think you are envisioning a lack of leadership, because of the results. Whereas, put the greatest of leaders in a consistently terrible situation, and the results will be poor.

Leadership is not the same as team success.

While the offenseive "leaders" got send to the hospital for the year?

They may even be searching for leadership. I don't know. I am not on that offense, and those are the people who have some idea of ho much leadership they have.

I think you are envisioning a lack of leadership, because of the results. Whereas, put the greatest of leaders in a consistently terrible situation, and the results will be poor.

Leadership is not the same as team success.

Agreed!

Leadership is a quality effort, the ability to motivate those around you.

You are correct, the leaders of last year did sit out. Thats when someone else has to pick up the slack and no one in the offense did that. Moeaki and Charles in the red zone would have been the difference.

I think it should have been Cassel (until he got hurt) and Bowe, I think both failed their team this year.

I think my point is proven by Orton. We had the same OL, RB's and WR's and everyone seemed to be playing better. I also think Haley being gone helped improve the motivation of the team. I am not much of an Orton fan and don't think he is the answer, but just imagine what a real elite QB would do here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast