Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Makes us look pretty good

Default Makes us look pretty good

That Teboner and the Donkeys just spanked the Steelers in OT right after we spanked them and held them to 3 points despite us losing our number 1 WR before the second half (and all the other injuries on our team).

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Well........that is a kick in the gut
    Yup that's about what I felt when I first realized it, even more depressing if they win another game. I could have dealt with the Faiders and Palmer or even Rivers but Tebow! Maybe Chief31 is right maybe the QB really isn't that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I dont know, I may have to retract my last statement. I did some stat research on NFL.com, realizing that the game is played on the grid iron and not on paper BUT the Steelers are ranked first in the NFL in pass defense. The Patriots are ranked 31 in the NFL in pass defense. Seeing how Denver just beat the Steelers with the pass this may well be a closer game then initially believed.

NFL Stats: by Team Category
    What he said...

I was thinking about this before the Donks actually won that game...

But I looked at the AFC Wild Card teams, and we could have totally beat either team (Steelers or Bengals)

Crap if we would have had Orton against Pitt in the regular season we could have beat them. And I just am not that Sold on the Bengals, they are a decent team, but they aren't elite. (Similar to the Chiefs, their arrow is pointing up)

Then another trip to Foxborogh as a re-match of Monday night football (which again could have been a decent game with our improvement at the QB position)

Just pondering what could have been....

Not completely sold yet. The Steelers were without their #1 tackler in Ryan Clark. Pouncey was out and later Keisel and Hampton went down.
    worst of all it woulda, shoulda, coulda been us. A blocked field goal, anyone but Palko playing in our Steeler game, this team needs to get the persona of taking care of business early and often! We did not win the West, we let it slip through our fingers!!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    The sad thing is Tebow has one thing that no Chiefs QB has had since Joe Montana......... A PLAYOFF WIN!!!!!!
    I would like to point out that Tebows offensive numbers were well below Ortons. The only change was Denvers defense dramatically changed mostly because they were not on the field as much due to the offense running out the Clock and giving them decent field position.

While Tebow may have a play off win, It was still on the backs of their defense and Incredible disguised holding of their offensive line specifically Zane Beadles. That guy blatanly holds every single play.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I was pretty disappointed in the gameplan Dick LeBeau came up with. Romeo gave them the template and they came in with a poor scheme.

The Donks will have to score in the 30's to beat New England, we'll see if they can do that.

I'm still not sold on him but you have to give the kid props for leading that win.
    Uh, the Steelers tried to use the Template, the difference is that Ike Taylor is not Carr or Flowers. He was beat constantly all day in man coverage. If he was not beat by a completed pass he was flagged for holding becuase he was beat in coverage.

The Steelers tried to play man to man like the Chiefs did, and I bet you the Donkies worked on Man to Man routes all week knowing that was coming.

We better sign Carr!

The Donkies won because of Tebowe's ability to get the team to believe in themselves (leadership) and not because he is a good qb. He puts up numbers just good enough to win, but the biggest thing is he gets the best out of every player, defense and offense. Every player respects him.

This is whats wrong with Cassel..........He has the talent and abilty to have good numbers but lacks (the leadership) getting other players motivated, player have lost respect and don't play their best and don't believe in him. we saw this more and more every game this year in which he started. Just look at how Orton has made the same OL and RB's play better, the WR's get open and the Offense looks a heck of a lot more organized. I also think Haley and his sorry play calling had a big hand in this as well.

But bottom line is the difference in a winning team is attitude and thats only found behind a good leader either in way of a special player or coaching. Thats why football is 60% mental 40% physical.

ps.....I'm not a Cassel Hater nor do I think that Orton is the answer to the QB problem. This team is desperate for a leader and I think it will take a new face to get it done.

I don't want a Tebowe style QB on our team I just want a Tebowe style additude on this team.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 01-09-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: PS

Fluke!

Tebow didn't win. The Broncos won. He just managed a game well enough and wr stepped up and actually caught the ball.

This Steelers didn't play like the Steelers do.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    The Donkies won because of Tebowe's ability to get the team to believe in themselves (leadership) and not because he is a good qb. He puts up numbers just good enough to win, but the biggest thing is he gets the best out of every player, defense and offense. Every player respects him.

This is whats wrong with Cassel..........He has the talent and abilty to have good numbers but lacks (the leadership) getting other players motivated, player have lost respect and don't play their best and don't believe in him. we saw this more and more every game this year in which he started. Just look at how Orton has made the same OL and RB's play better, the WR's get open and the Offense looks a heck of a lot more organized. I also think Haley and his sorry play calling had a big hand in this as well.

But bottom line is the difference in a winning team is attitude and thats only found behind a good leader either in way of a special player or coaching. Thats why football is 60% mental 40% physical.

ps.....I'm not a Cassel Hater nor do I think that Orton is the answer to the QB problem. This team is desperate for a leader and I think it will take a new face to get it done.

I don't want a Tebowe style QB on our team I just want a Tebowe style additude on this team.
    I see things differently. It is not the QB, it is the HC John Fox who took the teams Strengths and that Is a good defense with tons of 1st round talent on the line and linebackers, a good offensive line with two good running backs with one having a 25% chance of throwing the ball for a completion.

He game planned using the teams strengths, and limiting their liability of QB from throwing the balland simplified the team. With Orton, at the helm, they didn't have the running back feature they have with Tebow, but also gave them a passing weapon so that game plan unfortunately was a losing one.

You can credit Tebow all you want, but he is the single reason they lost the last three games prior to Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I see things differently. It is not the QB, it is the HC John Fox who took the teams Strengths and that Is a good defense with tons of 1st round talent on the line and linebackers, a good offensive line with two good running backs with one having a 25% chance of throwing the ball for a completion.

He game planned using the teams strengths, and limiting their liability of QB from throwing the balland simplified the team. With Orton, at the helm, they didn't have the running back feature they have with Tebow, but also gave them a passing weapon so that game plan unfortunately was a losing one.

You can credit Tebow all you want, but he is the single reason they lost the last three games prior to Sunday.

Say what you will, John fox was the headcoach when they lost three out of their first four games, it is then that Tebowe took over and energized the team in to a completely different mode. Like him or not, Tebowe is the difference, he is a leader,(and not a good qb) the rest of the team is not at all playing the same, everyone stepped up. Sure John Fox deserves some credit, he started Tebowe and changed the way they used to play the game.

I don't like him as a QB, but I like what he has done to motivate his team, Can you imagine what a chiefs team would look like with a leader????? We have far more talent then the donkies.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast