Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Makes us look pretty good

Default Makes us look pretty good

That Teboner and the Donkeys just spanked the Steelers in OT right after we spanked them and held them to 3 points despite us losing our number 1 WR before the second half (and all the other injuries on our team).

Tebow is an enigma for a lot of people. I hear he is not a great QB and certainly his numbers do not point to the best, but he makes plays when it is important and keeps his team in a position to win.

I think next year we are going to know more about Tebow and whether he has what it takes. Right now, the Broncos are flying high on their wins and they should, they got into the playoffs after all. Who knows, it is certainly possible they make it to the Super Bowl.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I would like to point out that Tebows offensive numbers were well below Ortons. The only change was Denvers defense dramatically changed mostly because they were not on the field as much due to the offense running out the Clock and giving them decent field position.

While Tebow may have a play off win, It was still on the backs of their defense and Incredible disguised holding of their offensive line specifically Zane Beadles. That guy blatanly holds every single play.
    Another advantage they have because of Tebow is his strength and ability. He is extremely valuable in the redzone (which is where Orton has always had problems). The fact that Tebow can power it in on a QB draw, gives the defense one extra thing to game plan over. Usually, a defense can cover one thing really well, or multiple things ok. Same thing on 3rd and short or 3rd and medium.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Say what you will, John fox was the headcoach when they lost three out of their first four games, it is then that Tebowe took over and energized the team in to a completely different mode. Like him or not, Tebowe is the difference, he is a leader,(and not a good qb) the rest of the team is not at all playing the same, everyone stepped up. Sure John Fox deserves some credit, he started Tebowe and changed the way they used to play the game.

I don't like him as a QB, but I like what he has done to motivate his team, Can you imagine what a chiefs team would look like with a leader????? We have far more talent then the donkies.
    I have no doubt that most of the players on that team are fully aware that they are winning in spite of Tebow.

But he has made a lot of big plays, when they mattered the most.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have no doubt that most of the players on that team are fully aware that they are winning in spite of Tebow.

Yes he has. What I saw yesterday those long throws were RIGHT ON the WRs hands. He made the plays and the THROWS that won them that game. Tebow didn't do anything to get any hate yesterday IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yes he has. What I saw yesterday those long throws were RIGHT ON the WRs hands. He made the plays and the THROWS that won them that game. Tebow didn't do anything to get any hate yesterday IMO
    Sadly, I agree...

Fairly certain he has the second highest qbr in the fourth quarter behind aaron rogers. He plays well when it natters most.

Tebowe does appear to handle the qb job better on every game he plays. Next year we the chiefs will have to go through them to get to the playoffs no doubt, and it will not be an easy task. John Fox is a smart coach and I'm sure they will draft to fit Tebowes style.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Say what you will, John fox was the headcoach when they lost three out of their first four games, it is then that Tebowe took over and energized the team in to a completely different mode. Like him or not, Tebowe is the difference, he is a leader,(and not a good qb) the rest of the team is not at all playing the same, everyone stepped up. Sure John Fox deserves some credit, he started Tebowe and changed the way they used to play the game.

I don't like him as a QB, but I like what he has done to motivate his team, Can you imagine what a chiefs team would look like with a leader????? We have far more talent then the donkies.
    So what we have here is a strongly biased opinion of a people, and saying the Chiefs have no leaders, when they clearly do. Matt Cassel is a very good leader. He held camps in the off season so the team can work. He lets rookies live with him until they can get they can adapt to the NFL life. He single handedly energized this team numerous times last year, even more specifically right after he had his appendix out.

McClain is also another huge leader.

Have you seen Derrick Johnson recently. Not only is he directing players on the field on where they should be, He is right and making plays.

Eric Berry was another leader until he got hurt.

Supposedly Thomas Jones is a leader, but I just do see it.

Fact of the matter you have fallen into the Media biased love for Tebow. Did you know two rookie QB's too their team to the playoffs last week. The Texans won their first ever Play off game. The Bugals lead by a Rookie QB made a rare trip to the play offs. Do you hear anything about them.

Yes Tebow made a great throw to end the game but how about the 3 before that got the fans in Denver Booing him. Let also give Credit to Thomas for making the play Agaist Ike Taylor like he did all game long.

I wonder if the Steelers even looked at the tape from our game last week.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I wonder if the Steelers even looked at the tape from our game last week.
    Yes they did, and they tried to mirror it. Their corners are not as good as ours and it burned them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast