Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crennell is the new head coach

Default Crennell is the new head coach

Last edited by marloweopatchiefs; 01-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I stand corrected
    You are standing when typing?

I hope the third time is the charm, remember frank ganzs and gunther cunningham. statisticaly speaky promoting the interim coach to head coach doesn't payoff.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

You guys need to give him a chance instead of saying it won't work for this or that reason. How do you know it won't work, it might or might not only time will tell. But at least give it a chance before you call it a failure. Did you want to bring someone else and wait another year or two for the coaches learn the players and the players a year or two to learn the new coaches schemes? Besides who was realistic going to come here other than a coordinator (like Haley) from another team.

There is not a prefect fit that was guaranteed to come in and win a SB, look at the Dick V that we brought in that had won the SB with two different teams, he did not do it here.

I think we have some what of a better chance with Crennel. He's been here, he know's the players, he know's Pioli as well as anyone does having worked with him for so long and the players seem to have alot of respect for him. That to me is a very good start. Now they have to go to work on the coaching aspect, OC and DC. We have to have faith, to say someone else would do better in this Situation is kinda unrealistic I think. He needs the chance to prove himself. He's got that chance, it's time to move on to the next faze.....

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    This is copied from Real_Chiefs from the KC Star website.

Look at the numbers at Cleveland
    Coach Years W/L Winning %

Paul Brown 1946–1962 - 158/48 76.7%
    Blanton Collier1963–1970 - 76/34 69.1
    Nick Skorich 1971–1974 - 34/24 55.6%
    Forrest Gregg 1975–1977 - 18/23 43.9%
    Dick Modzelewski 1977 (Interim) - 0/1 00.0%
    Sam Rutigliano 1978–1984 - 47/50 48.5%
    Marty Schottenheimer 1984–1988 - 44/27 62.0%
    Bud Carson 1989–1990 - 11/13 45.8%
    Jim Shofner 1990 (Interim) - 1/6 14.3%
    Bill Belichick 1991–1995 - 36/44 45.0%
    Chris Palmer 1999–2000 - 5/27 15.6%
    Butch Davis 2001–2004 - 24/34 41.4%
    Terry Robiskie 2004 (Interim) - 1/5 16.7%
    Romeo Crennel 2005–2008 - 24/40 37.5
    Eric Mangini 2009–2010 - 10/22 31.3%
    Pat Shurmur 2011–Present - 4/12 25.0%

If you look at the history of the Cleveland Browns you will
    notice that the winning pct.. is not very good after Paul Brown left. In fact
    since Marty left the team has not had a winning coach since. They have had some
    winning seasons but not a winning tradition. With this fact I do not hold
    Crennel’s record at Cleveland against him. I will wait and see.
    Not entirely accurate the cleveland browns moved to baltimore in 1999...the cleveland browns now are an expansion team.

Well I for one hope, that as the New Head Coach,
    the biggest change in coaching RC does. Get an OC and let the OC do there job!

I'm fine with him being a head coach as long as he keeps a "hands off" approach on the offence. He needs a capable OC to get things going.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    You guys need to give him a chance instead of saying it won't work for this or that reason. How do you know it won't work, it might or might not only time will tell. But at least give it a chance before you call it a failure. Did you want to bring someone else and wait another year or two for the coaches learn the players and the players a year or two to learn the new coaches schemes? Besides who was realistic going to come here other than a coordinator (like Haley) from another team.

There is not a prefect fit that was guaranteed to come in and win a SB, look at the Dick V that we brought in that had won the SB with two different teams, he did not do it here.
    I don't buy into that bringing in a outsider and it takes a season or two for the coach to know the players and yadda yadda yadda..Jim Harbaugh in SF just landed this year with no offseason and they are playing lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I don't buy into that bringing in a outsider and it takes a season or two for the coach to know the players and yadda yadda yadda..Jim Harbaugh in SF just landed this year with no offseason and they are playing lights out.
    But how many times does it happen? Sure there are examples for both sides besides how do you know RAC is going to fail? No one does he might fall on his face I don't know but he is our coach now for good or bad and no matter what I will pull for him and not put him down before he even gets his staff together. Did you want to bring in a DC or OC and see what he could do and maybe end up with another Haley? It is some people in here want the Chiefs to be a Play Station team. I think no matter who was hired some people who complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    DBolan didn't mention that they had 4 starting QB's go down that year. Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, and Gradkowski (who was actually added mid-season)

And you have got to be kidding me, the most talented person on the roster was the Kick Returner??

Lewis was over the hill, but he actually had his first 1300 yard season since 2003 (Crennel Brought him to Cleveland)

The team actually finished 10-6 in 2007, but similar to the Chiefs season this year, had lots of injuries that led to the 4-12 season.
    JRUDI...

You said name 3 and there are certainly 3 there.

Go to NY and ask anyone to name 3 great players from our team. Right, you probably won't hear a peep.

Romeo had players albeit, a chunk of them were wash-outs. FEEL familiar? lmao

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast