Thread: Tackling Safeties

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Tackling Safeties

0 Not allowed!
    An interesting statistic from Profootballfocus.com on the number of missed tackles from the safety position. I was fully expecting Jon McGraw (7th) to be on the list for the higher missed tackle to attempted tackle ratio, but I was actually surprised (and disappointed) that Kendrick Lewis (3rd) was as high on the "bottom" list.

Tackling Safeties | ProFootballFocus.com

Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    An interesting statistic from Profootballfocus.com on the number of missed tackles from the safety position. I was fully expecting Jon McGraw (7th) to be on the list for the higher missed tackle to attempted tackle ratio, but I was actually surprised (and disappointed) that Kendrick Lewis (3rd) was as high on the "bottom" list.

Tackling Safeties | ProFootballFocus.com

I was really confused looking over the numbers because they were not in line with I recall seeing on the field for several players. Then I scrolled back up and looked at the date of the article - May 18th, 2011. Those numbers from last season! I thought Lewis played much better this year. I'd like to see what the 2011 season numbers look like.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

I was really confused looking over the numbers because they were not in line with I recall seeing on the field for several players. Then I scrolled back up and looked at the date of the article - May 18th, 2011. Those numbers from last season! I thought Lewis played much better this year. I'd like to see what the 2011 season numbers look like.
    Doh!! My mistake!! I was looking through their archives and thought that it was from this past year!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Doh!! My mistake!! I was looking through their archives and thought that it was from this past year!!
    Yeah, I read the article and it says "2010 numbers" right at the beginning, and I didn't pick up on that, either. It wasn't until I looked back at the date it was published that it sunk in!

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator