Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rg3

Default Rg3

Can we trade up to get him? I don't know much about him just thought I'd be the first to officialy announce hes going to the draft. What yall think?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Question, Pioli has been quick at signing players in the past, (Somewhat) What do you think his plans are for Bowe and Carr this off season? Will he use them to trade up in the draft? Will he use them to trade for Manning? He has plenty of cap room next year so why has he not worked out a contract on them as of yet? Just wondering what ya all think....
    I think we are going to be hurting if either player isn't re-signed. Our offense fell apart when bowe got hurt against denver. Without carr we don't beat the packers. Both would have to be resigned before we could trade them

Question, Pioli has been quick at signing players in the past, (Somewhat) What do you think his plans are for Bowe and Carr this off season? Will he use them to trade up in the draft? Will he use them to trade for Manning? He has plenty of cap room next year so why has he not worked out a contract on them as of yet? Just wondering what ya all think....
    Toyotapower is right. We can't trade them unless we resign them and we can't resign them unless we pay more for them than any other team is willing to pay (unless they are willing to take less money to stay here).

No other team is going to want to give up a draft pick and take on their contract when they weren't willing to match our contract offer in the first place.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Toyotapower is right. We can't trade them unless we resign them and we can't resign them unless we pay more for them than any other team is willing to pay (unless they are willing to take less money to stay here).

No other team is going to want to give up a draft pick and take on their contract when they weren't willing to match our contract offer in the first place.
    So true...I spank myself for that one....

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    I think we are going to be hurting if either player isn't re-signed. Our offense fell apart when bowe got hurt against denver. Without carr we don't beat the packers. Both would have to be resigned before we could trade them
    I've actually heard it would be most cap friendly to Franchise Tag Bowe, and re-sign Carr as fast as we can...

not sure though.

Any idea when the deadline is to Franchise players?

I think he is trying to sign one of them for a good deal and franshice the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I've actually heard it would be most cap friendly to Franchise Tag Bowe, and re-sign Carr as fast as we can...

not sure though.

Any idea when the deadline is to Franchise players?
    I would aim for the reverse.

Bowe had a lesser season than 2010, meaning he will not command quite as much, and Carr popped up to shine as a top CB.

I think signing Bowe long-term is cheaper (per position) than Carr.

And, if Berry returns at full strength for 2012, it could reduce the shine, thus the dollar value, of Carr.

So I would want Carr to be negotiating after 2012, as opposed to now.

I think our offense will have to improve in 2012, thus Bowe's numbers. What that would mean, for trying to retain him, is a higher pricetag next year.

RG3 is legit but we aren't getting him.

Quote Originally Posted by kcticketguy View Post
    RG3 is legit but we aren't getting him.
    Yea, well I'm old enough to not be shocked or surprised at anything that happens any more...just sayin...

RG3 has the physical tools to be an NFL startup QB, and he's mature and smart too, I like him a lot, definitely not Vince Young type. But so are lots of past first round QBs that did not pan out. So far RG3 has not shown he definitely can stand in pocket, read complicated defense in REAL TIME, process the info REAL TIME and make a good decision, he might be able to, but again he has not done much so in college. Going predefined routes, running around, finding open WRs are not indicators you can succeed in NFL. Stop those "running QB NFL trend" crap already. Some people are amazed by Cam Newton's rookie performance, but until he can play like a pocket QB, I'm not buying anything. Reading defense in real time is the ultimate NFL QB standard, if you can't do it, you won't have sustained success in NFL. Funny how many people just don't get that, year after year, failure after failure, yeah, RG3 over Luck, that's smart. It's not even close. Be smart, don't follow blindly those dumb talkheads.
    Last edited by boiler01; 01-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123