Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Espn thinks chiefs will pursue Hue Jackson

Default Espn thinks chiefs will pursue Hue Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The issue with Hue is that his raiders are the new single season penalty champs after beating the 98 Chiefs out of the title. Lack of discipline is not something we can afford with this team.
    Most of the penalties were on the defense.

I like Hue and the chip on his schoulder hell have, but we just released Todd for the same type of attitude (he didn't blow up his last week)

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Most of the penalties were on the defense.
    Offense, defense or special teams is doesn't matter. As the head coach it shows a lack of preparation. That is on Hue despite the raiders history of being cheap *******s.

Being an offensive Coordinator is not like being a head coach. He will not be running this team. He improved the Raiders offense and IMO did a pretty good job as a rookie head coach.
    Al Davis promoted Hue Jackson because of his offensive mind. He improved the Raiders offense enough to win the head coaching job. That to me says alot.
    Jackson spent 2008 and 2009 as Baltimore’s quarterbacks coach under head coach John Harbaugh . In 2008, Jackson tutored Joe Flacco who became the first rookie QB to win two playoff games in NFL history as the Ravens advanced to the AFC Championship game. He helped the Ravens advance to the postseason in both seasons.
    Under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren Mcfadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns.
    If Al Davis was still alive. Hue Jackson would still be a Raider. I think he's is the best OC available. That's all!
    Last edited by 2010chiefs; 01-11-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Being an offensive Coordinator is not like being a head coach. He will not be running this team. He improved the Raiders offense and IMO did a pretty good job as a rookie head coach.
    Al Davis promoted Hue Jackson because of his offensive mind. He improved the Raiders offense enough to win the head coaching job. That to me says alot.
    Jackson spent 2008 and 2009 as Baltimore’s quarterbacks coach under head coach John Harbaugh . In 2008, Jackson tutored Joe Flacco who became the first rookie QB to win two playoff games in NFL history as the Ravens advanced to the AFC Championship game. He helped the Ravens advance to the postseason in both seasons.
    Under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren Mcfadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns.
    If Al Davis was still alive. Hue Jackson would still be a Raider. I think he's is the best OC available. That's all!
    That all sounds pretty impressive to me. He can only go up with the Chiefs offense, and last year we won almost every game that we scored at least 13 points in. Just one question. Didn't Ben Roethlisburger win a Super Bowl as a Rookie?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Rumors that I have heard, was the the Chiefs had no list of OC people as of Monday. That is because McDaniels was the guy until he took the Patriots job.

There is also strong believe that the interview with Joe Philbin is next on their wish list, but due to him still working with Green Bay and the Loss of his 21 year old son, the Chiefs are waiting until the time is right, and they will persue him to become the OC with total control over the offense excluding Final calls that Crennel will make, he will be the Play Caller which is something he does not do in Green Bay and Assistant Head so that the move is a promotion and not lateral and then Dangle the Three year contract given to Crennel as incentive to prepare for replacing Crennel by using his imput to build the offense he wants for the future.

They also said, that if this fails you could expect the Chiefs to Promote from inside. They said if this Rumor is true, do not expect to hear any news of the Chiefs hiring an OC until after the Packers lose or win the superbowl.

I hope that becomes reality, with Crennel staying as DC it makes sense to give someone almost total control of the offense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12