Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Payton Manning

Default Payton Manning

Ok I've gotta do this lol. What does everyone truly think. Being Chief fans I know most of us remember signing Joe Montana when he was (DONE). We got two great years out of him. I think Payton's neck will be 100% come training camp. If Paytons released I say we persue him. Think about it. Weve got the cap, Payton will want to choose where he goes if he dosen't return to Indy. He if healthy will make a HUGE difference. And I think will get atleast 3 good years from him. Plus the chip on his shoulder. I know I'll come under fire here but truthfuly thats how im feeling. K your guys turn

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He will not be released. We would have to acquire him through a trade in which I would not be a fan off. We do not know if his neck is healthy, even if it was, he is aging quickly and his production has started to decrease despite being off a full year.

We would be giving up a potention starter for years for possibly broken near retirement QB, that while is very good is clearly on the decline. He will be 36 at the start of next season.
    I don't think they would be able to trade him. No one is going to be willing to take that contract on. If they are going to have to get rid of him I think that they will have to give him his release. But I really don't see that happening I think even though they are going to draft Luck that Peyton will be back with them and this will be a Aaron Rodgers deal. Where in a year or two Peyton will retire and Luck will take over.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Oh, Manning won't be released and even if he is I don't want him here. Great guy and football player but the negatives outweigh the positives.
    Umm really?, Do you just type these things without thinking them through? What negatives are you talking about anyway? Great guy, great fooball player, that is what you said. So what are the negatives?

There are risks with getting Manning, but those are easily mitigated, obviously any deal will be contingent on team doctors approving it, so his health is not really an issue.

Even if Manning comes back at 80%, he is still better than 90% of the other quarterbacks out there, and certainly better than anyone we could potentially get our hands on. He obviously is not the future of any franchise, but he is a proven commodity who could lead you to a playoff win and potentially a Super Bowl appearance, how many other quarterbacks out there can you say that about? 4, 5 at most.

The team that would go after a guy like Manning is a team that needs just a QB to make a winner. The Chiefs are close enough to that they could get their remaining pieces together from Free Agency. Having said that, I do not believe he will be on the minds of anyone in Kansas City.

In closing, to say the negatives of getting a player like Manning out weigh the positives is simply talking nonsense. Of course that is your opinion, but it is not a well-thought out opinion.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Umm really?, Do you just type these things without thinking them through? What negatives are you talking about anyway? Great guy, great fooball player, that is what you said. So what are the negatives?

There are risks with getting Manning, but those are easily mitigated, obviously any deal will be contingent on team doctors approving it, so his health is not really an issue.

Even if Manning comes back at 80%, he is still better than 90% of the other quarterbacks out there, and certainly better than anyone we could potentially get our hands on. He obviously is not the future of any franchise, but he is a proven commodity who could lead you to a playoff win and potentially a Super Bowl appearance, how many other quarterbacks out there can you say that about? 4, 5 at most.

The team that would go after a guy like Manning is a team that needs just a QB to make a winner. The Chiefs are close enough to that they could get their remaining pieces together from Free Agency. Having said that, I do not believe he will be on the minds of anyone in Kansas City.

In closing, to say the negatives of getting a player like Manning out weigh the positives is simply talking nonsense. Of course that is your opinion, but it is not a well-thought out opinion.
    Money...you are using a lot of cap space to sign him. If he does not get us that Super Bowl then where are we?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Money...you are using a lot of cap space to sign him. If he does not get us that Super Bowl then where are we?
    it would sell tickets we all know thats what clarks all about $$$$$. But I think if he was the Manning hes been he would get us closer. I'd prefer us spending that 30 million then letting it sit in there pockets. Not say spend it all on a questionable health qb but also resigning free agency, its football theres always risks.
    not to argue with you canadian

If Manning is realeased, which I don't think he will be, I think we are one of the favorites to pick him up. Not necessarily from the media because kc just isn't the sexy pick, but from a realistic perspective. We will improve our o-line drastically this offseason through the draft, free agency and retirement (wiegmann). We will get a top five running back healthy next year. We have a strong receiving corps, assuming Bowe resigns. Our defense is almost there, one or two players away. This is all a nice thought, but back to my original point; I don't see the Colts letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    it would sell tickets we all know thats what clarks all about $$$$$. But I think if he was the Manning hes been he would get us closer. I'd prefer us spending that 30 million then letting it sit in there pockets. Not say spend it all on a questionable health qb but also resigning free agency, its football theres always risks.
    not to argue with you canadian
    Isnt that what all 32 owners are about?? I was just pointing out what could be considered a downside to getting him. I dont mind if we do but I wont be upset if we dont!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

On May 23, 2011 Manning had neck surgery, Manning had another surgery on September 8, 2011, This first surgery was a one-level cervical neck fusion, and the typical minimum recovery time is reportedly two to three months. The fact is it can take up to a year to completely heal, Oh and that's for people like you and me, not a NFL QB gettin hit by linebackers. Now the 2nd surgery was to repair some pressure problems to the nerve's which in most case's is caused from scar tissue which can cause nerve pain and or numbness if the scar tissue forms around nerves in the neck. It can be treated but in most case's it always come's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

No I kinda thought that one through but didn't list out all the negatives because I thought most of them were obvious.

1) He due 28 million dollars...that's 2 million less than our cap.
    2) How exactly do you propose we resign Carr AND Bowe with 2 million dollars?
    3) Who do you throw to when our main receiver is gone because he didn't want to sign for a million a year (2 million divided by 2 just in case I needed to spell that out).
    4) You've got an aging QB who is going to get hurt easier and will stay hurt longer due to age.
    5) He'll have to learn an entirely new offense and the reason he's been so good for so long is consistency in the same system along with the same players.
    6) Say he does get us to 7-0 and then gets hurt, we'd have to dump Cassel to have any hope at resigning the laundry list of players that we have. Who's the QB then? Stanzi? He couldn't even get on the field when Cassel was out and Palko was putting up single digit QB ratings.
    7) Do I really need to keep going?

To say that it's not thought out just because I don't list the reasons is kinda short sighted. So maybe next time ask me if I've thought them through before you get sarcastic and snarky about things.

The final thought...the guy is one hit away from never playing in the NFL if he ever will again anyway. If you seriously think with our line that this won't happen you're sorely mistaken. Going with your attitutde, to me saying that the postives outweigh the negatives is nonsnese, that it's your opinion and not really well-thought out too. It's just a situation of agree to disagree but there's no reason to think that the other guy hasn't thought something out or is talking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    On May 23, 2011 Manning had neck surgery, Manning had another surgery on September 8, 2011, This first surgery was a one-level cervical neck fusion, and the typical minimum recovery time is reportedly two to three months. The fact is it can take up to a year to completely heal, Oh and that's for people like you and me, not a NFL QB gettin hit by linebackers. Now the 2nd surgery was to repair some pressure problems to the nerve's which in most case's is caused from scar tissue which can cause nerve pain and or numbness if the scar tissue forms around nerves in the neck. It can be treated but in most case's it always come's back.
    Yeah he's seriously hurt I hope he retires he's proved enough HOF easily.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    This is why they will NOT be able to trade him and if they are going to get rid of him there going to have to cut him. No one is going to be willing to pay him what the Colts signed him for. If and that's a big IF the Colts let him go I see him being singed for a preformance based contract. He will have the Chance to earn that big money but he's going to have to earn that money.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast