Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Payton Manning

Default Payton Manning

Ok I've gotta do this lol. What does everyone truly think. Being Chief fans I know most of us remember signing Joe Montana when he was (DONE). We got two great years out of him. I think Payton's neck will be 100% come training camp. If Paytons released I say we persue him. Think about it. Weve got the cap, Payton will want to choose where he goes if he dosen't return to Indy. He if healthy will make a HUGE difference. And I think will get atleast 3 good years from him. Plus the chip on his shoulder. I know I'll come under fire here but truthfuly thats how im feeling. K your guys turn

I think if he is released we will go after him but so will 30 other teams. I really don't see Peyton being a Chief. My gut feeling is that he's going to be still be a Colt next year.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If healthy, it would be a long shot but, If healthy, I wouldn't complain if we got him either.

I wouldn't complain either if we got him....

I wouldn't want to invest to much in him though, I think his health issues are a little more serious than what people think, His dad had mentioned that he may not even be ready for the start of next season....

The reality is that he is due $28 mil this year, and we're only $30 mil under the cap, do the math.

If he would be willing to take a SIGNIFICANT pay cut, I couldnt complain about what he could offer for us, but even if he only takes 1/3 of what he would have got, that's still about 9.3 mil this year, and with resigning Bowe, Carr, Belcher, and other FA's/Draft choices, is it really going to be worth it?

I think he would set us over the top no doubt about it, but I am torn....

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I wouldn't complain either if we got him....

I wouldn't want to invest to much in him though, I think his health issues are a little more serious than what people think, His dad had mentioned that he may not even be ready for the start of next season....

The reality is that he is due $28 mil this year, and we're only $30 mil under the cap, do the math.

If he would be willing to take a SIGNIFICANT pay cut, I couldnt complain about what he could offer for us, but even if he only takes 1/3 of what he would have got, that's still about 9.3 mil this year, and with resigning Bowe, Carr, Belcher, and other FA's/Draft choices, is it really going to be worth it?

I think he would set us over the top no doubt about it, but I am torn....
    I know its almost 20 yrs ago but i think we signed joe montanna to a 3 yr 10 million contract, and that was for the greatest qb of all tine. How times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Ok I've gotta do this lol. What does everyone truly think. Being Chief fans I know most of us remember signing Joe Montana when he was (DONE). We got two great years out of him. I think Payton's neck will be 100% come training camp. If Paytons released I say we persue him. Think about it. Weve got the cap, Payton will want to choose where he goes if he dosen't return to Indy. He if healthy will make a HUGE difference. And I think will get atleast 3 good years from him. Plus the chip on his shoulder. I know I'll come under fire here but truthfuly thats how im feeling. K your guys turn
    First off I'ts Peyton Manning unless you actually meant PAY-TON! In that case you would be correct we would have to pay a ton for a broken qb.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    First off I'ts Peyton Manning unless you actually meant PAY-TON! In that case you would be correct we would have to pay a ton for a broken qb.
    You know what? You are correct on both accounts. LOL were 30 million under the cap with 22 free agents. Eithere were gonna be in the game or not. Weve got alot of moving parts that pioli and crennel are gonna have to figure out. Luckly theyve probualy worked on this list for awhile since were not scrapping our entire staff. I just thought I'd mention the elephant in the room in PAY-TON. I'm a .
    Last edited by whackojacko58; 01-11-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: to drunk to spell correctly

First, why would the Colts release him if he can still play? Peyton is under contract and even if they decide to hitch there wagon to Luck (which would be a foolish move if Manning is 100% healthy) they would trade him and try to get something of value before outright releasing him. What are you willing to give up for him and his HUGE contract? We need to keep what trade bait we do have.

2nd, If the Colts do release him, you can be sure it is because he can't play anymore and I don't to pay &28 million a year for a broken down QB.

3rd, I don't see Hunt spending that kind of money on any player.

4th, The jets signed Brett Favre when the Packers no linger wanted him, and they are not real happy with Sanchez right now. They are just stupid enough to throw their checkbook at him. That would put Payton in the nations largest market and you know how he loves to do endorsements.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 01-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    arent we already doing that with Cassel?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Rex Ryan is the real problem with the Jets... Researching it, Manning has had three neck surgeries. One solid hit and he could be done. Game over....

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast