Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Payton Manning

Default Payton Manning

Ok I've gotta do this lol. What does everyone truly think. Being Chief fans I know most of us remember signing Joe Montana when he was (DONE). We got two great years out of him. I think Payton's neck will be 100% come training camp. If Paytons released I say we persue him. Think about it. Weve got the cap, Payton will want to choose where he goes if he dosen't return to Indy. He if healthy will make a HUGE difference. And I think will get atleast 3 good years from him. Plus the chip on his shoulder. I know I'll come under fire here but truthfuly thats how im feeling. K your guys turn

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    gotta breathe fresh air into this thread. Today it looks like Peyton just wants to say bye and leave the colts, I believe he will be healthy boy if he is hes competitive and will wanting to win badly. We have talent, we have a great d, if we pick up Peyton in free agency, draft high offensive line will win a playoff game, I know crennel said cassels his starter at the start of camp. But come on hunt wants to fill his stadium, who wouldn't go to a game with this team with a healthy peyton. The palce would be full, also might be why we haven't hired a oc yet? long shot? yes but still i'm gonna keep drinking my koolaid

I just don't think the Chiefs take that chance on him, If I know Manning he won't play without a huge fat guaranteed contract, and with his age and type of injuries he has had its a risk we can't afford to take. I just do not see it happening.

But enjoy the koolaid.

I would be excited if we were to bring him here.

And I do not think that it would be a bad idea.

But I would be wary of the potential for never seeing him play, or seeing very little of him.

It would be a huge risk. But I would take that risk, if I had the opportunity.

If he's released and healthy, of course you go after him.

One of the best quarterbacks of all time? It would be amazing to have him for a couple seasons. Pretty sure Stanzi would benefit from the tutoring too.

Obviously, I'd want Bowe and Carr back too. I'm pretty sure Bowe would jump at the chance to play with Manning.

Its waaaaaaaaaay to early for this though. We don't even have an offensive coordinator. If we go out and sign some doofus with a conservative playbook, there will be zero chance Manning comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperbag Face View Post
    If he's released and healthy, of course you go after him.

One of the best quarterbacks of all time? It would be amazing to have him for a couple seasons. Pretty sure Stanzi would benefit from the tutoring too.

Obviously, I'd want Bowe and Carr back too. I'm pretty sure Bowe would jump at the chance to play with Manning.

Its waaaaaaaaaay to early for this though. We don't even have an offensive coordinator. If we go out and sign some doofus with a conservative playbook, there will be zero chance Manning comes here.
    Maybe as incentive to get Manning here - he gets to pick his own offensive coordinator....
    He is 35 - good for 2-3 years if he can stay healthy of course.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I just don't think the Chiefs take that chance on him, If I know Manning he won't play without a huge fat guaranteed contract, and with his age and type of injuries he has had its a risk we can't afford to take. I just do not see it happening.

But enjoy the koolaid.
    And how well do you know Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post

But enjoy the koolaid.

will do sir

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Maybe as incentive to get Manning here - he gets to pick his own offensive coordinator....
    He is 35 - good for 2-3 years if he can stay healthy of course.
    And what a mento for ricki stanzi

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    ...... We need to do what we can for peyton manning!!

Amen bring on the "MAN"!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_chiefs_fan View Post
    Amen bring on the "MAN"!!

thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yes, He was clearly the spawn of Satan, and the GM who refused to stop fighting the HC over OC duties was the pure, innocent victim of a madman who was terrorizing The Chiefs to a 10-6 record.

Poor Scott Pioli.

And trying to suggest that Haley was controlling the play-calling during the playoff loss is just a complete failure.

Al good things happened as a result of everything but Haley, and all bad things happened because Haley insisted upon them?

I would expect a less biased angle from Pioli's own family.
    Well, talk to some of the players...many of them talk when not on camera out and about KC. Most of the rumors circulating around KC related to Haley and what occurred behind the scenes are coming from sources who were there. I suppose it's possible many aren't telling the truth, but there sure are many telling negative stories related to Haley. :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast