View Poll Results: Would you agree with the Chiefs bringing in Mark Sanchez?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. He can be a great leader and the missing piece of this franchise.

3 13.64%
  • No. If some of the players in New York don't like him, why would it be different in Kansas City?

19 86.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Default Mark Sanchez

So I read online today that some of the New York Jets players are not satisfied with Mark Sanchez and have said so publicly. They are criticizing his work ethic and leadership skills. But on the other hand, some of the other players have said that just isn't so. This COULD mean that Sanchez is on his way out in New York.

So here's my question, accompanied with a poll. IF Mark Sanchez became a free agent today, or went on the trading block, would you want the Chiefs to take a chance on him?

Here are his stats: Mark Sanchez: Career Stats at NFL.com

Resident Celebrity

No thanks...

Here is a list of USC QB's for the past 26 years. I listed out what they mainly did or the best thing they accomplished. Towards the end I left off any description as these players are still in the league or it's been recent enough that people can remember what they've done or haven't done.

Rodney Peete (1985-1988) - career backup QB in the NFL

Todd Marinovich (1989-1990) - Raiders QB out of the NFL after 2 years due to substance abuse

Reggie Perry (1991) - never played in the NFL

Rob Johnson (1992-1994) - best year was with the Bucs the year they won the super bowl as a backup. He stepped in a few games but never lit the world on fire and was a backup QB most of his NFL life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Joh...rican_football) Tampa Bay Bucs section

Brad Otton (1995-1996) - never played in the NFL

John Fox (1997) - never played in the NFL

Carson Palmer (1998 - 2002)

Matt Cassel (2001 - 2004)

Matt Leinart (2003 - 2005)

John David Booty (2006 - 2007)

Mark Sanchez (2008)

Matt Barkley (2009 - Present)

So in 26 years the best thing that a USC QB has done is be a backup on a team that won the super bowl and even when doing that the coach didn't have any confidence when he was forced to play.

This is yet another reason why I'm not too high on the hog for drafting Barkley in any year. Granted it only takes one but history tends to repeat itself.

I can't vote in your poll.

I would vote no, but it is not for the reason you put in the poll. I would vote no because he is not a very good QB. I thought he was over-rated the last two years, and this year has proven me right.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

No mark sanchez, weve got enough mediocre qbs the last five years

i want a franchise qb the closest weve gotten since ive been a fan was two years with joe and i loved trent, but shoot i want a great qb i like cassel i like orton but don't love and i'd like to see what we got in stanzi but sorry not holding my breath, i was at the game when we booed huard off the field and got brodie....looking back that was a loose loose situation

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I can't vote in your poll.

I would vote no, but it is not for the reason you put in the poll. I would vote no because he is not a very good QB. I thought he was over-rated the last two years, and this year has proven me right.

...This, besides we don't know who those players are that supposedly have issues with him.

I don't particularly like the idea of getting a Dirty Sanchez. No thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12