Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

PAY THE MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

No, I would not say he is the best WR in the NFL A La Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald, but I would consider him a top 10-15...So he deserves to get paid, If we don't someone will.....
    I would agree that he's a top ten WR. I guess when talking about paying Top dollar depends on what you think top dollar is. To me right now Bowe doesn't deserve top dollar because I view that as top guy in the NFL or at least the top 2. Bowe hasn't had the best Qb play. But Great WRS like Bowe can be don't go full games without a single catch. Something Bowe does from time to time. They find a way to get themselfs into the game. That's what I want to see out of Bowe. That's what given a good OC and the play calling getting better I think can happen. But right now I don't think Bowe deserves Top dollar for him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would agree that he's a top ten WR. I guess when talking about paying Top dollar depends on what you think top dollar is. To me right now Bowe doesn't deserve top dollar because I view that as top guy in the NFL or at least the top 2. Bowe hasn't had the best Qb play. But Great WRS like Bowe can be don't go full games without a single catch. Something Bowe does from time to time. They find a way to get themselfs into the game. That's what I want to see out of Bowe. That's what given a good OC and the play calling getting better I think can happen. But right now I don't think Bowe deserves Top dollar for him.
    See I would consider top dollar somewhere in the mix of the top 10 highest receiver salaries.

Which if you think about it, wouldn't be that much different than if we just tagged him (because it's the average to the 10 highest paid at the WR position)

So we might actually save money by tagging him this year and wait to sign him during the season.

I would absolutely pay him like a top ten WR.

He is.

Put him on some pass-happy offense, and I expect that his "shinies" (Pretty stats) would be too bright for anybody to argue against.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would absolutely pay him like a top ten WR.

He is.

Put him on some pass-happy offense, and I expect that his "shinies" (Pretty stats) would be too bright for anybody to argue against.

Even on our un-pass happy offense he still looks pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    PAY THE MAN!!!

Must be done!

Negotiations have been ongoing with Bowe & the Chiefs. Y'all have to remember it's a two way street. Bowe may desire to explore Free Agency, and he could desire to play for a different team for reasons other than money. Many players consider location, such as for reasons of being closer to family, etc..

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Oh, and trust me...no one wants Bowe to remain a Chief more than I do. He became a favorite Chief when we drafted him in 2007, but by 2009 he had evolved into my #1 favorite Chief player. Even during his worst struggling year of 2009 when many fans were screaming he was no good, at best a #2 WR because of many drops...I stood firm believing he is a #1 WR. He proved many wrong in 2010, proving himself and substantiating my belief in him as a #1.

I will be heartbroken if Bowe leaves the Chiefs, but I understand the NFL is a business. I also understand Bowe will need to do what's best for he and his family, of whom he has many he's responsible for financially...he cares for his grandparents, his former HS coach & his wife, his brother...are on his payroll.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I say keep him. Right now we have the best recieving corps I've ever seen wearing red & gold. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I say keep him. Right now we have the best recieving corps I've ever seen wearing red & gold. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Exactly!!! Let's just hope Bowe wants to remain a Chief & stay in KC, which I believe he does based upon his own comments saying how much he loves KC and the fans.

I know Pioli likes Bowe, and wants to keep him too...he's stated such publicly more than once.

According to those who witnessed it...word is the final straw that led to Haley's firing before the season ended...was because of a conflict Haley had with Bowe during practice. Haley belittled Bowe, calling him some bad names. Bowe went to Pioli about it. Pioli felt Haley was creating enough of a problem with many players like Bowe...that some players wouldn't remain in KC if Haley did. :/

If all those accounts are accurate, well, Haley's gone now...so those players uncomfortable with Haley as HC don't have that concern now.

Let's hope with Crennel as HC they prefer to stay.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast