Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

PAY THE MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I think I'd put Mike Wallace and Welker in tier 2 personally. I've always been a huge fan of Steve Smith, and 4-5 years ago I would have had him much higher, but that's a good spot for now.

I think I'd bump Vincent Jackson up a tier. I just think he's notably better than everyone else in that list.
    I think I can agree with you on that...and I was going to until I realized he has only had 2 60+ catch seasons, it made me re-think it... He had his first really good season with 69 catches, and then the hold-out debacle took place, and it made think maybe the media surrounding him was created to generate buzz about him to get the big contract.

I could agree to put him up a tier though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I knew someone would have said this....

Fact of the matter is, I agree with Collin Cowherd on this (which I usually don't) but seriously... When Randy Moss was there who was considered the #1WR? Moss

Why are they still trying to find another WR (Ochocinco...)

I'm not saying Welker isn't a good receiver... I'm just saying that I don't feel he would be near as productive or consistent if he didn't have Brady throwing him the ball.

And if another team signed him...They wouldn't look at him as the answer to their WR problems and focus on him being "The Man" within their WR corps. Welker "pairs well" with other Recievers, and is not a stand alone player..

And the 96 catches for 1,121 yards sounds good, for one season.... if you look at it, it's 48 catches per year with 560.5 yards per season.....

And you forgot to mention that those were actually his 3rd and 4th seasons.... He was with the chargers his rookie year, and only played in 1 game...went to the Dolphins in year 2 and was active for 14 games with NO CATCHES... 29 in 05' and 67 in 06'...Then he goes to New England and his numbers sky rocket...

Just saying..he is a product of Brady...He is a decent receiver, but wouldn't reproduce those numbers elsewhere

Brandon Lloyd should not be on this list anywhere....

Only 1 season with 1000 +yards does not get you on the list I'm sorry it just doesn't

He doesn't have the prototypical size for a #1WR, He's been in the league for 9 YEARS, and no one knew his name before last season.

I will admit he had a good season last year, and despite moving teams had an OK season this year, but I don't consider him to be elite. If he was a top 15 wide out, why does everyone have the rams Targeting Justin Blackmon in the draft?

You do realize Blackmon will be who they want their #1WR to be don't you?

Just sayin...Lloyd doesn't belong on this list...
    Precisely how many 1,000 yard seasons does Jordy Neslon have?

Miles Austin has two.... Barely. And one of those had all of 45 yards more than Lloyd's 2011, where he missed one game, and was limited in a couple more, due to a mid-season trade. And Lloyd can also sub,it a 733 yard season, well eclipsing anything Austin has to add.

Same with Nicks.... His second 1,000 yard season exceeds Lloyd's 2011 by a whopping 56 yards.

Then you could also take into consideration that Lloyd even had his starting QB pulled in 2010, for Tim Tebow.

Santonio Holmes only has one 1,000 yard season too.

As for The Patriots looking for a compliment to Welker, how has "HOF" Ocho done while being overshadowed by Welker?

Even the immortal Randy Moss had fewer receiving yards than Welker, during his stay, and for two of the three full seasons he spent there. And Moss really not even that close, in any of those seasons, to the number of catches Welker was making.

Wes Welker is a better WR than Randy Moss was with The Patriots.

He has had two seasons with over 120 catches. And only one, of his last five, with less than 1,000 Yards, and 100 catches.

He plays the position he does, because he is unstoppable at that position.

Teams are putting their best coverage guys on him, and he still had the best season of his career, and a far better season that best of many HoF WRs.

They are looking for someone to play the other WR position because they want someone to play that position. They are not looking for anybody to play Wes Welker's position.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Precisely how many 1,000 yard seasons does Jordy Neslon have?

Miles Austin has two.... Barely. And one of those had all of 45 yards more than Lloyd's 2011, where he missed one game, and was limited in a couple more, due to a mid-season trade. And Lloyd can also sub,it a 733 yard season, well eclipsing anything Austin has to add.

Same with Nicks.... His second 1,000 yard season exceeds Lloyd's 2011 by a whopping 56 yards.

Then you could also take into consideration that Lloyd even had his starting QB pulled in 2010, for Tim Tebow.

Santonio Holmes only has one 1,000 yard season too.

As for The Patriots looking for a compliment to Welker, how has "HOF" Ocho done while being overshadowed by Welker?

Even the immortal Randy Moss had fewer receiving yards than Welker, during his stay, and for two of the three full seasons he spent there. And Moss really not even that close, in any of those seasons, to the number of catches Welker was making.

Wes Welker is a better WR than Randy Moss was with The Patriots.

He has had two seasons with over 120 catches. And only one, of his last five, with less than 1,000 Yards, and 100 catches.

He plays the position he does, because he is unstoppable at that position.

Teams are putting their best coverage guys on him, and he still had the best season of his career, and a far better season that best of many HoF WRs.

They are looking for someone to play the other WR position because they want someone to play that position. They are not looking for anybody to play Wes Welker's position.

I can agree with you that Nelson and Austin should not be on this list at all...I put them on there because I didn't want to deal with this kind of talk after I didn't put them on there....

I still don't agree that Lloyd should be on there....I'm sorry if he may be a firend of your's or something being that he is from the KC area...But you can't seriously say that if all of the 32 teams were given an option to add Hakeem Nicks or Brandon Lloyd they would choose Llyod (regardless of who the teams receiver is now) I bet you 9 times out of 10 a GM would choose to add Nicks...

I mentioned that Welker should be bumped up...He is a good slot receiver...But He lacks the size that franchises look for in a PROTOTYPICAL WR, and I question weather or not he could produce the same results in a less pass happy system than the Patriots...

Off of the argument....The post was meant to show that Bowe is a to 10-15 Receiver, and he should be paid like one... Weather or not Llyod, Austin, Nelson or Welker are on that list and where they are located is meaningless to the point.

I don't feel Llyod, Austin, and Nelson are even close the receiver that Bowe is...and Welker could post an argument..but even with that said, there is only about 5-8 total that could be argued as a better prospect based on size, speed, numbers, and consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I can agree with you that Nelson and Austin should not be on this list at all...I put them on there because I didn't want to deal with this kind of talk after I didn't put them on there....

I still don't agree that Lloyd should be on there....I'm sorry if he may be a firend of your's or something being that he is from the KC area...But you can't seriously say that if all of the 32 teams were given an option to add Hakeem Nicks or Brandon Lloyd they would choose Llyod (regardless of who the teams receiver is now) I bet you 9 times out of 10 a GM would choose to add Nicks...

I mentioned that Welker should be bumped up...He is a good slot receiver...But He lacks the size that franchises look for in a PROTOTYPICAL WR, and I question weather or not he could produce the same results in a less pass happy system than the Patriots...

Off of the argument....The post was meant to show that Bowe is a to 10-15 Receiver, and he should be paid like one... Weather or not Llyod, Austin, Nelson or Welker are on that list and where they are located is meaningless to the point.

I don't feel Llyod, Austin, and Nelson are even close the receiver that Bowe is...and Welker could post an argument..but even with that said, there is only about 5-8 total that could be argued as a better prospect based on size, speed, numbers, and consistency
    I agree with you on Bowe. But you did invite all these discussions when you posted your list.]

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I would not agree with that just yet. Time will tell, as it always will. DB in my humble opinion has not yet made anything. He is a can be, question still remains, will he be! You all can say what ever about the passes to him, they where not catch-able, but then what does that say about the QB who threw the pass? My problem with DB is he makes great plays, but inconsistent where it means the most. Drops easy catches.
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I agree, I think this pass season would and should have been his breakout year and for whatever reason it didn't work that way. It was even a end of contract year. It may mostly have been Haleys inability to lead, play calling was horrible, of course injuries hurt, the qb situation was just about bad as can be. We could use all of those excuses but he certainly is better then this years numbers. I hope we can resign him long term, just not sure he wants that. I expect we franchise him.

I agree he's made some drops & misses he shouldn't have, but there could be many factors as to why, of which weren't his fault, nor completely his fault...or yes, all his fault. We really just don't know, only Bowe does. The bottom line is he still ranks among the top NFL WR's, over 1,000 yds. again in 2011, even during all the franchise drama & instability. I believe Haley could have spitefully ignored using him in game plan-playcalls, as well.

What hasn't been brought up in discussion to this point...is that not only does Bowe make incredible acrobatic catches, he also breaks tackles and as such was rated among the NFL's top WR's to do so.

Dwayne Bowe Led NFL In Broken Tackles Among Wide Receivers In 2011 - Barbecue Sauce - SB Nation Kansas City

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I think Otis Taylor was the best we ever had, but Bowe is definately the best we've had in a while!
    Otis Taylor was definitely our most legendary WR in Chiefs history, no doubt. That said, it's such a different game today, no way to really compare Otis to Bowe as such. So, more or less when I say I believe Bowe to be the best WR we've ever had, I'm referring to modern day NFL, and in general, or overall comparing ALL aspects, not just stats. ;)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I like Kennison. But Bowe is surpassing him, and doing it with an offense that tries to avoid passing the ball.

Yes, he makes some mistakes. A little more often than average, even. But he is absolutely a #1 WR in my opinion.

We have not had a WR near his ability since.... Well, longer than I have been a Chiefs fan.
    Completely agree, including that I love Kennison also! Still, overall comparsion Bowe in my humble opinion surpasses him, including Bowe being among the NFL's top WR's to break tackles. He's also one hell of a blocker helping clear routes for his teammates on occasion. He's STRONG in every way. He also was listed among the FEW NFL players who showed up for camp in 2011 fit, conditioned, and ready to play, which indicates he's determined & committed to being the best...staying in shape during the off season, and a lockout too. His not being injured in 2011 is a result of that off season/lockout dedication to stay in shape & conditioned, ready to go!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-25-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345