Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

PAY THE MAN!!!

I agree

we need to lock him up for a 5 year deal hes been unbelievable even with 7 different qbs throwing him passes during his career with the same team!

He has 5 more 1,000 yard seasons to come, pay him.

In regards to "paying" him, you guys may consider one thing before jumping into a huge financial signing...

While Bowe is a very good WR, his competition on the team has never really there. He has been the best of what "we" have.

Granted, Breaston has put up pretty decent numbers, but other than that, there has been no one else to compete for the catches.

Keep him? Okay. But Top dollar..I would not.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    In regards to "paying" him, you guys may consider one thing before jumping into a huge financial signing...

While Bowe is a very good WR, his competition on the team has never really there. He has been the best of what "we" have.

Granted, Breaston has put up pretty decent numbers, but other than that, there has been no one else to compete for the catches.

Bowe is one of 19 receivers that had 1000+ yards this year. He was 56 yards from being in the top 10 and had Palko throwing....ok attempting to throw to him for four games.

While I don't think he's the end all be all they guy's good enough to pay pretty good money.

From what the concensus seems to be Cassel will come back and we'll be addressing the line issues. Give Bowe another year, franchise him if needs be and see what he does. I'd be shocked if Bowe isn't in the top 10 next year and would be on the fence of betting that he'd be in the top 5. If he is then pay him top dollar. But I'd say that Baldwin challenges him more this year and will only continue to keep pushing him each successive year.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Bowe is one of 19 receivers that had 1000+ yards this year. He was 56 yards from being in the top 10 and had Palko throwing....ok attempting to throw to him for four games.

While I don't think he's the end all be all they guy's good enough to pay pretty good money.

From what the concensus seems to be Cassel will come back and we'll be addressing the line issues. Give Bowe another year, franchise him if needs be and see what he does. I'd be shocked if Bowe isn't in the top 10 next year and would be on the fence of betting that he'd be in the top 5. If he is then pay him top dollar. But I'd say that Baldwin challenges him more this year and will only continue to keep pushing him each successive year.

Not top dollar= Pretty good money, in my books!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post

I agree with you. Bowe should be paid pretty well but he shouldn't be the highest paid WR in the nfl. He just has to many games where he does a disappearing act and drops to many passes that he should catch to be paid that much. He should be around the highest paid WRs in the not the top IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with you. Bowe should be paid pretty well but he shouldn't be the highest paid WR in the nfl. He just has to many games where he does a disappearing act and drops to many passes that he should catch to be paid that much. He should be around the highest paid WRs in the not the top IMO
    I agree with you that you agree with him......

Bowe is near the top, just not top shelf, he's a couple levels from the elite. As you said, he's dropped too many passes-especially ones that would have made a difference. He's caught a few that made a difference, but the name of this game is "what have you done for me lately"?

Bowe's stats and Rankings:

2011 (Tagged as a "Down Year" for him)
    81 Rec. (10th in NFL)
    1,159 yds (13th in NFL)
    5TD's

2010 (Considered his "Career" year)
    72 Receptions (19th in NFL)
    1,162 yds (7th in NFL)
    15 TD's (1st in NFL)

2009 (Haley Being Haley only allowed him to 9 starts)
    47 Rec (74th in NFL) (projected over a full season would have been 83 with 5.2 Rec per game, would have ranked 12th in NFL)
    589 yds (69th in NFL) (projected over a full season would have been 66 yds/game for 1,056yds, 19th in NFL)
    4TD's (projected over a full season would have been 7TDs)

86 Rec (10th in NFL)
    1,022 yds (18th in NFL)
    7TD's

2007 (Rookie Season)
    70 Rec. (29th in NFL)
    995 yds (24th in NFL)
    5TD's

So if you look at averages:
    (taking into consideration he plays a full season in 09 with Haley)

79 Receptions per season
    1,078 yards per season
    8 TD's per season

That's a lot of categories in the top 10 and 20 of the NFL over a span of 5 seasons.....This is also with QB's like Brody Croyle, Damond Huard, Tyler Thigpen, Tyler Palko, Matt Cassel, and Kyle Orton Throwing him the ball. Just imagine what the numbers would be if he had someone like a Brady, Brees, or Rogers tossing it to him!

Also, for being labeled as an "inconsistent player" those numbers (outside of the 09 mess with Haley) are pretty dang consistent if you ask me.

No, I would not say he is the best WR in the NFL A La Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald, but I would consider him a top 10-15...So he deserves to get paid, If we don't someone will.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast