Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: A couple things I would do if I were GM

Default A couple things I would do if I were GM

Cut Barry Sackardson, Thomas "2 ypc" Jones and Tyler "Noodle arm" Falko

I would make Hudson our center and Maneri our blocking TE (ala Dunnn).

Sign Bowe and put a tag on Carr

I would pick up Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush in the FA along with Kyle Orton.

I would trade Matt Cassel and a 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder which is possible because of the weak qb draft (barkley and jones both staying in college).

I would trade our first down to around the 20 pick up a 3rd and then draft:
    1st round Decastro OG
    2nd round Mike Adams RT
    2nd round Dontario Poe NT
    3rd round Micah Hyde CB,
    3rd round Audie Cole ILB
    4th round 1)Brandon Weeden QB or 2)Case Keenum QB,
    5th round Philip Lutzenkirchen TE,
    6th round Marquis Maze WR,
    7th pick traded with Cassel.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 01-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    You just described the "Patriot way". Belichick has done a pretty good job(love him or hate him)in the cap era. All the wheeling and dealing he does on draft day, the value of the 2-3 round picks etc. Heard on the TV yesterday that there are only 7 players on the team from their last superbowl-7.
    The fact is....I think fan's get caught up in the idea that this game is a Fantasy because we watch it on TV, and that they really know how to build a team because of fantasy football.

The reality is, an NFL organization is a REAL BUSINESS, and there are many variables and factors that go into the decisions that are made, some of those factors are uncontrollable. We can create these wish lists, but in reality there is more that goes into managing an organization that the fans don't even have on their radar...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    The fact is....I think fan's get caught up in the idea that this game is a Fantasy because we watch it on TV, and that they really know how to build a team because of fantasy football.

The reality is, an NFL organization is a REAL BUSINESS, and there are many variables and factors that go into the decisions that are made, some of those factors are uncontrollable. We can create these wish lists, but in reality there is more that goes into managing an organization that the fans don't even have on their radar...

THIS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    THIS!!!!!!!
    Thank you haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

Good read Jrudi...

While I agree with this from a business perspective, it is not for the fans to worry about the business process. It is the job of the "manager/owner" to produce a quality product for the fans and to enhance their own marketability.

From a customer's perspective, the end result is the only vision and rightfully so.

Consistency is the key with any business model.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Good read Jrudi...

While I agree with this from a business perspective, it is not for the fans to worry about the business process. It is the job of the "manager/owner" to produce a quality product for the fans and to enhance their own marketability.

From a customer's perspective, the end result is the only vision and rightfully so.

Consistency is the key with any business model.
    I'm not saying that it is the fans job to worry about all of this.

I am simply saying that if a fan wants to criticize the job that a general manager is doing because they feel we should field a roster full of fantasy studs. That they need to take into perspective the many other things that affect how the business is ran, and how a team is put together.

I agree the overall idea is to increase the marketability of the franchise (although winning will fix that) just ask the cowboys, redskins, and eagles how only focusing on the marketability of a franchise based on signing big name players has worked out for them....

Winning increases marketability...Not stars...The Packers, Steelers, and Patriots have the biggest following across the country, and they have 1 big star a piece....The QB.. the rest of the Team are not household names. Their fan following has came from a history of winning traditions. The cowboys can be argued to have a big fan following across the county as well, but it has fallen off, just like their playoff success in recent history

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456