Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple things I would do if I were GM

Default A couple things I would do if I were GM

Cut Barry Sackardson, Thomas "2 ypc" Jones and Tyler "Noodle arm" Falko

I would make Hudson our center and Maneri our blocking TE (ala Dunnn).

Sign Bowe and put a tag on Carr

I would pick up Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush in the FA along with Kyle Orton.

I would trade Matt Cassel and a 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder which is possible because of the weak qb draft (barkley and jones both staying in college).

I would trade our first down to around the 20 pick up a 3rd and then draft:
    1st round Decastro OG
    2nd round Mike Adams RT
    2nd round Dontario Poe NT
    3rd round Micah Hyde CB,
    3rd round Audie Cole ILB
    4th round 1)Brandon Weeden QB or 2)Case Keenum QB,
    5th round Philip Lutzenkirchen TE,
    6th round Marquis Maze WR,
    7th pick traded with Cassel.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 01-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Cut Barry Sackardson, Thomas "2 ypc" Jones and Tyler "Noodle arm" Falko

I would make Hudson our center and Maneri our blocking TE (ala Dunnn).

Sign Bowe and put a tag on Carr

I would pick up Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush in the FA along with Kyle Orton.

I would trade Matt Cassel and a 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder which is possible because of the weak qb draft (barkley and jones both staying in college).

I would trade our first down to around the 20 pick up a 3rd and then draft:
    1st round Decastro OG
    2nd round Mike Adams RT
    2nd round Dontario Poe NT
    3rd round Micah Hyde CB,
    3rd round Audie Cole ILB
    4th round 1)Brandon Weeden QB or 2)Case Keenum QB,
    5th round Philip Lutzenkirchen TE,
    6th round Marquis Maze WR,
    7th pick traded with Cassel.
    Decastro wont be there at 20 and i think poe is gonna be a firdt rounder after the combine. Everybody is quick to cut tj. I think we can sign him on the cheap. with a healthy jamaal he did rush for 900 yards and was part of the leagues best rush offense. TJ is a good dude and has been done dirty by everybody. Look at chicago the year after he left and new york they both struggled. So people say he they dont see he is a leader but i think the entire locker room is behind him. Baldwin found out the hard way. You can say baldwin broke his hand on jones face but that means baldwi- doesnt know how to throw a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Decastro wont be there at 20 and i think poe is gonna be a firdt rounder after the combine. Everybody is quick to cut tj. I think we can sign him on the cheap. with a healthy jamaal he did rush for 900 yards and was part of the leagues best rush offense. TJ is a good dude and has been done dirty by everybody. Look at chicago the year after he left and new york they both struggled. So people say he they dont see he is a leader but i think the entire locker room is behind him. Baldwin found out the hard way. You can say baldwin broke his hand on jones face but that means baldwi- doesnt know how to throw a punch.
    IF Decastro isn't there then maybe Reiff or one of those type of guys will be. Thomas Jones might be a great guy but guess what if he's not getting the job done I don't want him. He had a great career but like Vrabel he's too old now.

I do not think anyone would know how to throw a punch on Jones. Jones is older, slower, but he is still like a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    IF Decastro isn't there then maybe Reiff or one of those type of guys will be. Thomas Jones might be a great guy but guess what if he's not getting the job done I don't want him. He had a great career but like Vrabel he's too old now.
    Was just merely stating that the last two teans who had excellent runing games both suffered greatly the year after. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Yeah i think poe, burfict, richarddon or reiff will be our pick. Depending on who gets picked before us now if all four are there what do we do......

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I do not think anyone would know how to throw a punch on Jones. Jones is older, slower, but he is still like a rock.
    Yeah when he did his interview i didnt see a knot bruise or anything.

Really, you'd cut Falko???? :0)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    No one would give up a second round pick for cassel and a seventh rounder. You would be lucky to get a 6th round pick
    It was our seventh and Cassel for a 2nd round pick. I bet a team like the Redskins would.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    With that fat of a contract and horrible numbers this year a second round pick wouldnt happen
    Um considering the position and how long hes been in the league 5 million is hardly a lot for a qb that won the division.

Um considering the position and how long hes been in the league 5 million is hardly a lot for a qb that won the division.
    And he went to the pro-bowl last year.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast