Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    My guess would be that there are some facts behind any and all sides.

We know that Haley had some issues with his relationships with some players, in the past. So it is pretty reasonable to expect that some of that continued.

And, as with any issue of this sort, it is pretty reasonable to figure that Pioli was not entirely wonderful to work for.

If he were, then there would be no problems with him and Todd Haley.

I think Connie is leaning toward a "side", based on her meeting one of the sides, and liking them. When you meet someone, and all you see of them is the positives, theen you tend to ignore any negatives you hear. And even go so far as to take that person's side, without facts.

Connie......

I certainly don't hold it against you in the least. You seem like a very good person.

I just feel that you have a bias on the topic.
    Unfortunately some people just don't get along and that person (player) doesn't like the other (Haley) for any other reason then they're opposites. Then when that player tells you...Haley did x, y, z and he was mean and derogatory about it to someone outside of the occurence that person will feel that they got an honest opinion straight from the source. Especially if they like the person (player). It's a natural part of life and unfortunately everyone does it regardless of if they'll admit it or not.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 01-27-2012 at 02:29 PM.

No. There is not.

Taking what some folks say (the players) and using that to form your opinion about somebody is exactly heresay.

Not that I think it is some crime to do it. Just kinda showing that you are doing what you say you don't do.

And what strikes me about it, is the level of certainty that you display in your heresay-based opinion.

You tend to state some of these in a fact-based presentation.

You met Scott Pioli, and he was very respectable.

But that does not indicate that he was 100% honest. ANd I would find it astonishing if we as purely the victim of Todd Haley, as your opinion suggests to me that he was.
    I don't trust media, their sources are never confirmed. They report irresponsibly and inaccurately often. Some of the players I do trust, and were not only eye witnesses, but directly involved. Out of respect for those involved I'm aware of, I can't give you names...journalists looking for scoop read internet forums too. ;)

In our judicial system testimony from those who witnessed events, as well as were victims...are considered evidence and allowed, not considered 'hearsay', nor speculation, rumor, gossip...rather a factual account. I somewhat form opinions in the same way, depending upon the history of the witness. Obviously, if someone has a dishonorable history I would naturally wonder about their claims, but someone with a history of integrity I would trust.

I've spent a decade volunteering as a counselor to victims of many circumstances, as such, I've also had to study human psychology and philosophy...to aid me in helping others. When I combine that experience along with natural instincts & wisdom...I'm not easy to fool. It's not impossible, there are some personalities whom are very good at deception, however...body language and eye movement when speaking to someone are difficult for most humans to control when lying, or being deceitful in some manner. Both are valuable assets when determining whether or not to believe someone. :)

I don't believe Scott Pioli is perfect, no one is, and he's admitted himself he failed with building enough depth. Based upon his history professionally and personally, including his upbringing, his honorable behavior towards me, interacting with him one on one looking him in the eye, paying close attention to details...the man at the very least believed 100% what he was saying to me.

He's given me absolutely no reason not to believe in him as a person of integrity, and until he does...I shall continue having trust and belief in what he says.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't trust media, their sources are never confirmed. They report irresponsibly and inaccurately often. Some of the players I do trust, and were not only eye witnesses, but directly involved. Out of respect for those involved I'm aware of, I can't give you names...journalists looking for scoop read internet forums too. ;)

In our judicial system testimony from those who witnessed events, as well as were victims...are considered evidence and allowed, not considered 'hearsay', nor speculation, rumor, gossip...rather a factual account. I somewhat form opinions in the same way, depending upon the history of the witness. Obviously, if someone has a dishonorable history I would naturally wonder about their claims, but someone with a history of integrity I would trust.

I've spent a decade volunteering as a counselor to victims of many circumstances, as such, I've also had to study human psychology and philosophy...to aid me in helping others. When I combine that experience along with natural instincts & wisdom...I'm not easy to fool. It's not impossible, there are some personalities whom are very good at deception, however...body language and eye movement when speaking to someone are difficult for most humans to control when lying, or being deceitful in some manner. Both are valuable assets when determining whether or not to believe someone. :)

I don't believe Scott Pioli is perfect, no one is, and he's admitted himself he failed with building enough depth. Based upon his history professionally and personally, including his upbringing, his honorable behavior towards me, interacting with him one on one looking him in the eye, paying close attention to details...the man at the very least believed 100% what he was saying to me.

He's given me absolutely no reason not to believe in him as a person of integrity, and until he does...I shall continue having trust and belief in what he says.
    Anytime you are willing to take one side of a story and believe it, without hearing the other, it is bias.

You can go on and on about your credentials for lie-detection. But it does not change that you have based your beliefs on hearsay (Dictionary), and that you are displaying a clear bias.

Anytime you are willing to take one side of a story and believe it, without hearing the other, it is bias.

You can go on and on about your credentials for lie-detection. But it does not change that you have based your beliefs on hearsay (Dictionary), and that you are displaying a clear bias.
    I don't disgree with that, but I have heard both sides. As well, I took the time to read through the petitions filed by the attorneys for the plaintiffs in the pending suit against the Chiefs. They're available online for any one to read. Once pending lawsuits are resolved, then more facts will be revealed publicly about what occurred with Haley. Currently, the Chiefs attorney's have advised them not to speak publicly on the pending lawsuit or the situation with Haley, which is indirectly related.

Furthermore...if Haley files a suit against the Chiefs for the remainder on his contract he feels he's owed...he will more than likely lose, based upon the facts I'm aware of. There is a clause in his contract of which states the Chiefs have the legal right to dismiss him if he does anything detrimental to the team or franchise. There is solid evidence he indeed did so, extensively...and many witnesses will testify to such under oath...players, asst. coaches, and more.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Well Thanks for what you know Connie and sharing it. I for one believe in Pioli, to me he has done pretty well so far. He has made mistakes and he has admitted to them, how many in his line of work really do that? In Gm terms, he has been here a short time, and he needs time and it takes time to build a good competitive ball club. So, until he does something to completely destroy my trust in him, I will back him 100 percent. As far as QB goes, he is in a tough spot right now and we will just have to wait and see what he does in this years draft and FA. We all want the same thing, him I'm sure more than us to some degree, lets just give him the chance to do it. Connie jo is our eye's and ears at Arrowhead because of her commitment and involvement with our Chiefs and I believe 100% of what she says she believe's to be true and until she proves herself wrong or deceitful, I will trust what she has to say and I thank her for sharing what she does know......
    Last edited by okikcfan; 01-30-2012 at 02:24 PM.

After reading the article about the Chiefs refusing to pay Haley....I can't help but saying this....

The Chiefs were UNDER the cap by $30mil, 3 key offensive starters get hurt, the team goes into a losing skid, the coach gets canned, then the GM admits to the mistake of not having enough roster depth. Now, they will not pay the coach for his final year of the contract.

Does ANYONE really see what is wrong with that picture? LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    After reading the article about the Chiefs refusing to pay Haley....I can't help but saying this....

The Chiefs were UNDER the cap by $30mil, 3 key offensive starters get hurt, the team goes into a losing skid, the coach gets canned, then the GM admits to the mistake of not having enough roster depth. Now, they will not pay the coach for his final year of the contract.

Yeah...tho coach who breached his contract and got his dumb as$ fired.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Ummm...It would be the Chiefs that breached the contract, not Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post

For the coach getting fired I see nothing wrong with it. The team looked like a joke. Yes there were injuries. Every team has them. We had more then others true. But that is no excuse for just how horrible this team looked this past season. Even with the injuries they beat the packers.

For not paying him I can't tell you yes or no on that. The fact is we don't no what happened. We don't no just how bad things were with Haley. There are a lot of rumors out there of just how bad things got with Haley. Those are just rumors so you can't really no for sure. But we just don't no enough to say weather or not they should pay him. Will just have to wait to see how that plays out.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Technically it would be the Chiefs that breached the contract that's why they have to pay out the remainder of his contract.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast