Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    And here you go, it's back on Pioli and it's got to be his fault. He was talking about Haley and only Haley. Nothing was said about Pioli or that it wasn't his fault. What he was saying is that if someone is hard to work with you're less likely to hire them. As you've said before you've interviewed people so surely you've had to see this type of person before. Did you go ahead and hire them anyway?

Unless a person is absolutely, hands down the best person for that job they aren't going to be hired. Especially if they're hard to work, things have to be their way or they don't know how to motivate someone. I think that's what we're seeing now with Haley.
    I NEVER have and NEVER will say it was ALL Pioli's fault.

However, for folks to say it was all Haley's fault is just as much BS as the other.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I NEVER have and NEVER will say it was ALL Pioli's fault.

However, for folks to say it was all Haley's fault is just as much BS as the other.
    DUDE, reading and comprehension is your friend, no one is saying it is all Haley's fault. Pioli even has said he has to do better, I think as a basis of where we are starting this conversation is that Haley was not working well with his superiors and could not get it together.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Perhaps being selective was a good idea. He got the perennial playoff team, with multiple recent Super Bowl appearances to hire him.

That has to be a highly coveted position, OC of The Pittsburgh Steelers.

I like The Steelers, and I hope he has a lot of success there.

But....

Even though I think he may have been done wrong by The Chiefs, I hope he fails as horribly as possible when that benefits The Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Perhaps being selective was a good idea. He got the perennial playoff team, with multiple recent Super Bowl appearances to hire him.

That has to be a highly coveted position, OC of The Pittsburgh Steelers.

I like The Steelers, and I hope he has a lot of success there.

But....

Even though I think he may have been done wrong by The Chiefs, I hope he fails as horribly as possible when that benefits The Chiefs.

I think he will be mighty happy with the Steelers. If you listened to him talk even when he was the Chiefs head coach he would always have good things to say about them. I always thought that even if he turned out well in KC and the team wanted and was willing to do things to keep him around that he would leave for the Steelers if there job ever came open. Over all I don't think that things turned out to bad for him at all.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think he will be mighty happy with the Steelers. If you listened to him talk even when he was the Chiefs head coach he would always have good things to say about them. I always thought that even if he turned out well in KC and the team wanted and was willing to do things to keep him around that he would leave for the Steelers if there job ever came open. Over all I don't think that things turned out to bad for him at all.
    You can't be serious.

You think that, if he had stayed here, and been so successful that The Chiefs were trying hard to retain him, that he would betray his own team for another?

Why?

When does that ever happen?

I mean, wouldn't a guy have to hate everything about his current team to leave the team he created for another?

I think you are just looking for ways to make him out to be evil.

Maybe I am off track here. Does that sort of thing actually happen? Do HCs leave for other teams, when having success with their current team?

I know teams occasionally fire a HC despite their success. But I can't think of any HCs who have betrayed their team under those circumstances.

Anybody?

You can't be serious.

You think that, if he had stayed here, and been so successful that The Chiefs were trying hard to retain him, that he would betray his own team for another?

Why?

When does that ever happen?

I mean, wouldn't a guy have to hate everything about his current team to leave the team he created for another?

I think you are just looking for ways to make him out to be evil.

Maybe I am off track here. Does that sort of thing actually happen? Do HCs leave for other teams, when having success with their current team?

I know teams occasionally fire a HC despite their success. But I can't think of any HCs who have betrayed their team under those circumstances.

Anybody?
    It's the fact that it was his boyhood team the team he grew up watching the team he was a ballboy with when his father worked for them. It's not just anyteam with him. It would be a chance to go take the job he most likely dreamed of getting growing up. That's why. I didn't say it was a bad thing. Everyone has there "dream job" as for being a head coach in the NFL I think that would be his. Just from hearing him talk about them you could tell they were still a special team to him. If anyone of us grew up with family working for a team and had the chance to one day go lead that team I think we would all take it. That's all there is to that. It wasn't making Haley out to be a bad guy at all.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It's the fact that it was his boyhood team the team he grew up watching the team he was a ballboy with when his father worked for them. It's not just anyteam with him. It would be a chance to go take the job he most likely dreamed of getting growing up. That's why. I didn't say it was a bad thing. Everyone has there "dream job" as for being a head coach in the NFL I think that would be his. Just from hearing him talk about them you could tell they were still a special team to him. If anyone of us grew up with family working for a team and had the chance to one day go lead that team I think we would all take it. That's all there is to that. It wasn't making Haley out to be a bad guy at all.
    Oh.

That does sound fair, when you put it like that.

But if anybody knows of situations where a HC has left his own successful team for another, I would like to hear about it.

I just don't think I have ever heard of that before.

Oh.

But if anybody knows of situations where a HC has left his own successful team for another, I would like to hear about it.

The only thing close I can think of is Roy Williams leaving Kansas for UNC. MAN I HATE UNC. And Roy Williams. Left the Kansas Program that he had built for himself and went to coach those horrible tar heels
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The only thing close I can think of is Roy Williams leaving Kansas for UNC. MAN I HATE UNC. And Roy Williams. Left the Kansas Program that he had built for himself and went to coach those horrible tar heels
    What Bob Huggins did to Kansas State was worse. Roy Williams coached the Jayhawks for 15 years and did just about as much as anyone could with them. When the chance to go "home" to North Carolina opened up, it was hard to blame him for going.

Huggins was only at KSU for 2 years and promised he would stay and turn the team around, before bolting for West Virginia. He really betrayed the Wildcat fans.

That's the bad news for Kansas Universities. The good news is that the Jayhawks got Bill Self and the Wildcats got Frank Martin, both excellent coaches, and both schools are probably better off for it.

But we're talking about college Basketball, here, not Professional football. There is a difference.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Oh.

The closest thing I can think of is in college football. Brian Kelly left Cincinnati after going 12-0 in regular season play, the team was ranked #3 and the Notre Dame HC position opened up. He'd always wanted to coach there, of course they hired him and he just left. Didn't even coach Cincy in the bowl game saying he just wanted a clean break. But he kept saying over and over again how he'd always dreamed about ND.

So I'd say it's quite possible that if Haley had been here and was winning that he'd have left for a position with the Steelers if it came open.