Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Time out. Why are FANS concerning themselves so much with what the team's administration is doing at work? I'm not planning to work there, so I guess I don't much care what kind of boss Pioli is.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Sounds like Pioli is trying to change the culture of the Chiefs and weed out the lifers that feel a sense of entitlement. I see no problem with doing either of those things.

I agree...but if you are tapping phones and things of that sort, that is over the top.

I think this story is somewhat overblown. After all, Crennel knows Piolis habits by now. At his age, I doubt Crennel would have accepted the HC position if things were really that bad.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    You're right, given Rookies shortened preaseason and OTA's Cam Newton has really sucked this year hasnt he? I mean gosh, the rookies had no chance this year!
    Oh, so if he had an offseason and OTAs he would not have been any better? Has he peaked now?? Best football hes ever gonna play?? Pull your head outta your as$
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Time out. Why are FANS concerning themselves so much with what the team's administration is doing at work? I'm not planning to work there, so I guess I don't much care what kind of boss Pioli is.
    Some people (myman Horton and Hayden) believe everything they read!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I think this story is somewhat overblown. After all, Crennel knows Piolis habits by now. At his age, I doubt Crennel would have accepted the HC position if things were really that bad.
    I agree w/ this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Way too long so I didn't read it all. I understand that with the changing of the guard, so to speak, that changes will ensue, however, the candy wrapper for example is a bit "over the top" IMHO. I think a good administrator would have simply picked up the candy wrapper and then sent a simple memo to the janitorial department requesting more attention to the stairwells.
    When I was in high school I worked for a guy that would do something exactly like this. He caught me walking past a piece of trash one day and stopped me and asked me why I walked past it. I responded that I was swamped and didn't have time to pick up every piece of trash on the floor that I see. His response which I'll never forget to the day I'll die was...if it was a twenty dollar bill would you have picked it up? Heck yeah I would...oh...I see what you did there... lol

The only thing that I really truely disagree with if it's true is this:
    "Stephanie Melton, who worked 11 years on the team’s operations staff, recalled Pioli’s reaction after she and a coworker, after working past midnight on a weekend, had parked a courier van in the unmarked space usually occupied by Pioli’s car. The women had forgotten to move it, and Pioli was livid the next morning. Melton said she was made to feel for several days that she’d be fired."

This is a prime example of an employee going above and beyond the call of duty. If Pioli had to walk an extra 20 feet then too bad! He needs to recognize employees going above and beyond the call of duty and applaud it, not ride them for parking in "his" unmarked spot. What is this...high school?

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    You forget the 2009 draft and FA moves buddy.

Tyson Jackson
    Mike Vrabel (off team)
    Matt Cassel (Shiiiiitz himself against awful teams over the last THREE SEASONS, you want to have a stat war we can)
    Alex Magee Third Round Pick Off team

Thomas Jones 3.7 ypc in 10 and 3.1 YPC in 11 likely not to be resigned.
    In 2009 we hired Haley Fired Haley

3 full seasons to evaluate the 2009 draft. 11 aint looking to bright either and it took a third rounder to even make that a "solid draft"

There ya go
    So let's get into this then:

Tyson Jackson - I think Tyson is going to be just fine, he is far from a bust, though he might not be playing up to the level we would want from a first round pick. Also, please understand that most of last year he was injured, so this is really only his second season, I say let's give him one more year to see how he does, but also understand, he is NOT going to be the sack master that all of you seem to want him to be, that is NOT his job. His job is to fill the holes and stop the rush, something this team did fairly well this year, yet, there is room for improvement.

Mike Vrabel (off team) - You want to call Vrabel a mistake? Really? Vrabel came in here to lend leadership on the defensive side of the ball to a very very young defense with no experience. He came in as a captain and actually played pretty well in the couple of years he was here. You guys crack me up, if a guy is not putting up 100 tackles or sacking the QB 30 times a year, or is getting 20 interceptions, the guy sucks. Laughable, Vrabel came in here to teach other players how to play, and he did that in spades. Look at our linebackers and defense now, it was the only shining spot this year.

Matt Cassel (Shiiiiitz himself against awful teams over the last THREE SEASONS, you want to have a stat war we can) - I believed in Cassel, there is no one else that I could have thought of that was available in 2009 that could have done better on this team than he did those first two years. I was hoping he was the future, but it does not look like he is. I do not call this a mistake though, I call this a calculated move on the part of Pioli.

Alex Magee Third Round Pick Off team - WOW, OK, so you found one, a third round pick that didn't pan out... I sure you are proud that you got this one right.

Thomas Jones 3.7 ypc in 10 and 3.1 YPC in 11 likely not to be resigned. - See Vrabel above, in his first season here, he did a great job, but more importantly he brought a respectability and a work ethic to this team that we needed at a very opportune time. No one can deny that his leadership and insight has certainly had an influence on this team and that is what he was brought here to do. Has he fallen off, yes, but I think that was expected.

In 2009 we hired Haley Fired Haley - Hindisite is 20/20. Had we known then what we know now, Haley might not have been hired. I thought the hiring was a mistake, but I wanted to give him a chance. Maybe Pioli made a mistake here again, maybe not.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Maybe Scott Pioli has OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Oh, so if he had an offseason and OTAs he would not have been any better? Has he peaked now?? Best football hes ever gonna play?? Pull your head outta your as$
    Oh come on the rookie year is proven to be the best time to judge guys. I mean if the Colts had only watched Peyton Mannings rookie year they would have clearly seen the bust that he was. If the niners were not so stupid to get Steve Young after his time in Tampa they would have saved themselfs clearly. And The Cowboys wouldn't have been so awful if they had gotten rid of that bust Troy Aikman. And when A guy doesn't even play his rookie year come on the packers should have known that Rodgers was going to be a huge bust after that. Don't you no football at all? Well maybe you would if it weren't for all that beer.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast