Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't form an opinion of any person based upon media hype, spin, twisted quotes, hearsay, speculation, etc...
    Oh, well, that sounds very fair, and even-minded of you Connie.

Oh, it gets worse! There is an article today posted at kcchiefs.com of which if you read between the lines substantiates the rumors around town that Haley intentionally defied Pioli leaving Palko in just to spite Pioli!

Rumor is Pioli wanted to fire Haley after the playoff loss to the Ravens January 2011, but he had a yr. left on his contract and Hunt wasn't in favor of firing Haley at the time. Pioli knew by that point there were personality issues within Haley, angry need to control all, having an issue with authority above him, etc.. Chan Gailey was fired because of conflicts with Haley, Charlie Weiss left as a result of Haley just short of the playoff game against the Ravens. Haley acted as the OC, and of course we lost badly...just as we did in 2009 with Haley thinking he was greater than most acting as HC & OC.
    Wait....

What were you saying again?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    You got that right and I would love to see that list just to reveal some bandwagoners!

Amazing how Cassell is OUT and HALEY is out after winning the AFC West last year.

What have you done for me lately??? haha
    I make a bit of an exception for Cassel, I have been a huge supporter of his, but I have seen enough failures from him that I have to start to question whether he is the guy. Tebow took the Broncos to a playoff birth this year, but he is still not a very good quarterback.

Johnson, while he struggled for a few years, you could see that he had the skills, perhaps it was players around him, perhaps it was attitude, but whatever it was, he was always right there on the cupse of the greatness we are seeing now.

I like Cassel, I supported him for years and I know there are weaknesses on offense that has held him back, having said that, he has not done himself any favors there have been too many missed wide open receivers, too many under thrown and over thrown balls, too many instances of happyfeet for me to say this guy has what it takes to lead this team to a Superbowl.

Haley, well that is another matter, I never was sold on him as headcoach.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

This^! He led us to a conference championship and himself to the Pro Bowl and this year led a pathetic and beat up team to 4 straight wins-despite the best efforts of Haley. When every facet of our game was falling apart, he was consistent and didn't give a lot of turnovers. Was the passing game anemic this year? Absolutely, but not because of Cassel. It is so short-sighted to blame the one guy NOT making a lot of mistakes for an entire team that was making a ton of mistakes. I'll still take Cassel over 24 of the starting QB's in the league. Does he need more help than Brady or Payton? Yeah, but they are rare and I still don't think would've done better than Cassel with the stupid play calling and weakened running game and OL Cassel has to work with. I'm looking forward to Cassel coming back and leading us to the playoffs next year and maybe, just maybe, the Super Bowl next year.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 01-18-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: "This" to Nigeriannightmare.

I have not read through this entire thread of discussion, nor will I. I have met and conversed with Scott Pioli one on one and formed my own individual wise opinion of the man as such. I don't form an opinion of any person based upon media hype, spin, twisted quotes, hearsay, speculation, etc..

Additionally, I've read the petitions filed in court by the attorney's for those few employee's who were fired, of whom filed a suit against the Chiefs. They're available for any one to read as a matter of public record. I read them so I could form a non bias opinion of my own, again, not based upon a media story, of which has self interest & benefit. It's all a bunch of crapola as far as I'm concerned. There is no substantial evidence, it's all he said, she said, hearsay, no factual or documented evidence. They're angry they lost their comfy jobs they took for granted for many years under the Peterson clickish regime. IMHO...the plaintiffs/former employee's are trying to capitalize on the situation & gain financially from the suit.

As far as Pioli...I have much respect and admiration for the man, justly & wisely so. I spent quite a bit of time conversing with him. He sought me out & approached me to initiate conversation...I didn't approach him. That in itself showed me he is a man of great inner character, for him to come to me personally to show me genuine sincere respect, appreciation, and gratitude. I'm no one special, but he sure as hell made me feel as if I was.

The man was not egotistical, nor arrogant, rather very humble in his approach and conversation with me. I believed in him then, and believe more in him now.
    Here is a copy/paste of my response to reading the article I posted at FB in a similar recent discussion:

Three Cheers for Pioli!! The franchise overhaul was long over due! It's about time they brought someone in as a GM who holds every single person involved with the Chiefs franchise accountable, and expects the best! From the janitor to the customer relations staff to himself!

As many who know Pioli have said, "no one is harder on Scott Pioli than he is on himself!" A bad situation would be if he expected from others what he doesn't from himself. It would be hypocritical of him as a leader also, if he expected accountability from the coaches & players but not those behind the scenes. Winning begins by creating a winning team from the bottom up...winning off the field and on the field go hand in hand, can't have one without the other.

I see it somewhat in theory as raising a child to become a winner in life and/or a productive member of society when they reach adulthood. Teaching self discipline, inner character strength, & accountability begins in the heart of the home! We humans are often led by example...we give as much or as little effort that is expected from those setting the examples in our lives, leading us. :)

As well, overhaul changes are common anytime there's a change of leadership at the top, same thing happened when Peterson was brought in. Same thing happens in all business when management or ownership changes. The employee's let go always become angry & rebel, understandably.

Besides, as usual, media puts spin & hype on the story to attract attention & draw readers interest. Creating controversial headlines draw attention increasing ratings/profit. Only some of the employees were let go, many were retained after their job duties and history of performance were evaluated. The entire story is based upon he said she said, hearsay, no substantial evidence of any guilt or wrong doing.

The gum wrapper incident is being taken out of context...it was used as a lesson of example with what was not acceptable...unaccountability, regardless of it being a little detail or big one. When little things are let go & ignored bad habits develop that lead to bigger problems. Compare in theory to gaining weight...if you ignore gaining a pound or two, then three...thinking it's only a couple pounds that won't make a difference...before you know it you've gained 50!
    Anything is possible, but I don't see this story as turning into a major issue for the Chiefs, nor Pioli. I'm not an employee of the Chiefs franchise, and can only voice an opinion based upon my personal experiences in life.

I like Scott Pioli, based upon personal experiences. I believe in what he's doing. I've personally witnessed & experienced much improvement within the franchise, as a season ticket holder related to customer relations & fan appreciation...since Pioli has taken over. I also see improvement with the cleanliness of Arrowhead when I attend games, as a fan I appreciate clean stairwells and bathrooms! There was a time the stadium wasn't maintained or kept real clean, Arrowhead Stadium was being let go to some extent.

Run down environments tend to inspire lack of respect for surroundings by employee's & customers. IE: graffiti on bathroom walls initiates more. I also can see how much improved the overall attitude is with employee's at the stadium.

Lastly...I believe in Pioli as well when it comes to winning on the field. I believe he wants to win as much as any fan does, and base that upon personal experience also. He's going about it the way he feels is best based upon his inside knowledge & connections, his education, and decades of experience working in the NFL. He began his NFL career during his college era...driving to the Jets training camp 90 miles daily to learn. He moved up to being a gopher for coaches & players, including chauffering players around.

The man wasn't handed his career on a silver platter...he's paid his dues working hard making many sacrifices along the way...to be the best he can be now as a GM. He's spent years dedicating himself, and has earned his GM title and this opportunity. In my humble opinion, that is. :)
    You hit the nail on the head. Some local media is not happy with Pioli for tightening up security leaks with media. Some of their leak sources were among those who lost jobs with the Chiefs. I have no doubt the media is being vengeful now with making mountains out of molehills related to Pioli. He's on the media's bad side, they're now power playing, bullying, using their power to manipulate a public fanbase that easily believes what it reads, or doesn't read thoroughly between the lines. They want to turn people against Pioli, get even for tightening up their sources.

I wish the majority of fans understood the evil ways of the corporate world, including media and the NFL...then they wouldn't buy into the bull as easily as they do.

You're also right in your opinion related to Peterson. I also had the opportunity to meet him when he was the GM in KC. Although he was polite, the man had an arrogance about him of which was not likeable at all. He was superior acting in his attitude, as if he was better than those around him, so to speak. Pioli isn't like that at all based upon my experience with him. In fact, he's very down to Earth, humble in personality, and he has a great sense of humor. I was very comfortable & at ease around him, and we joked some while talking...it was as if he was an old friend. Hell, he even joked when I referred to him at first as "Mr. Pioli". He laughed and said, "Mr. Pioli? Mr. Pioli is what people call my dad, I'm just Scott, call me Scott."...so I did and still do, lol.
    Additional thought...Clark Hunt and Mark Donovan were at the same special event I was invited to attend with Scott Pioli, as well as other 'execs'. They each attended in their prim & proper business suits with ties. Scott Pioli showed up in a polo knit shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and socks, hahahaha.
    I guess I should clarify my last comment...the reason he showed up so casual is prior to his attending the event he had been playing golf in a local tournament for charity. I would imagine he didn't have time to change clothes, so rather than keep everyone waiting he attended in casual attire, dressed nicely but comfortably just as many there did who weren't among the execs.
    Don't know if I mentioned it above...but the monitoring equipment in place at Arrowhead has been there for many years. It was originally installed by Peterson, not Pioli. It's used to monitor employee's to prevent employee theft, as well as security leaks to media or competiting franchises, and to be sure employee's remain productive while at work. As yourself this...how many people do you know that spend time playing games on Facebook while at their job place? LOL

It's very common for businesses & corporations to monitor employee activity & conversations...Walmart does it, so does Lowes, Home Depot, McDonalds, and many others.
    Exactly!! The media is making it out to be something it isn't, and so are the disgruntled employee's. So many became complacent in their jobs under Peterson, just as Peterson himself became complacent. It was and is necessary for the complacency to stop, and to stop employee's from taking the franchise & their jobs for granted.

Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli mean business when they say this franchise will become one of excellence both on and off the field. It was long overdue, and as a fan I'm glad it's finally taking place.
    Where you been young lady!

Now, if only we could get you to speak passionately and candidly about your first hand knowledge and experience with Scott.

I don't know how much the media has to do with the facts, or lack thereof, in the case but the media does tend to attempt to create the way it is rather than simply report the way it is IMHO. I think there tends to be very little in the way of truth in reporting now-a-days. As much as we, me included, liked to gripe and complain about "King Carl", a name given to him by the media, I believe that he did some very good things while at KC and helped to foster a winning atmosphere within his first ten years or so and, in the beginning, brought a fresh perspective and outlook. I think it is good to take initial reports with a grain of salt until all the facts in the matter have been brought to light.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 01-18-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I forgot scott pioli looks at the opinion poll on chiefs crowd. Why woul ld any qb want to come to kc if after a pro bowl year is cast aside as terrible. If were orton i wouldnt want to play here. The logic is astounding.

And he was on the not wanted list by the same people that dont want tyson jackson or matt cassel. They r called bandwagon fans. And why is mimicking a successful business model called bandwagon. Its called good business, the patriots are good at football. Its only logical to want to "bandwagon" the patriot way.
    It's not about Pioli looking at the opinion polls..Why add the smart *ss twist to this. My point was and IS that from the poll, MOST want ORTON, not Cassell.

As far as why would a QB want to come back after a pro bowl year that is cast aside, or any QB for that matter? The same goes for the coach that was fired as well. You notice there was not a line for the HC position when Haley was fired.

In regards to the bandwagoning/business model aspect:

The Patriots are GOOD from top to bottom..Owner, GM, coaches, scouting, draft, FA signing, players etc. This will be the 4th season under the alledged similar business model and expectations have not been met by many. Haven't you heard? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    It's not about Pioli looking at the opinion polls..Why add the smart *ss twist to this. My point was and IS that from the poll, MOST want ORTON, not Cassell.

As far as why would a QB want to come back after a pro bowl year that is cast aside, or any QB for that matter? The same goes for the coach that was fired as well. You notice there was not a line for the HC position when Haley was fired.

In regards to the bandwagoning/business model aspect:

The Patriots are GOOD from top to bottom..Owner, GM, coaches, scouting, draft, FA signing, players etc. This will be the 4th season under the alledged similar business model and expectations have not been met by many. Haven't you heard? LOL!
    2 and 14 dude and in 2 yrs were afc west champs im not sure what else u expected. Give me one 2 and 14 team in the last decade that won their division in 2 yrs the foundation has been made man.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    2 and 14 dude and in 2 yrs were afc west champs im not sure what else u expected. Give me one 2 and 14 team in the last decade that won their division in 2 yrs the foundation has been made man.
    I can't give you a 2-14 team but I can give you a 1-15 team that in one year turned around to win their division and even beat the NE Pats to win the division. The 2008 Miami Dolphins.

Sorry, couldn't resist but you asked the question...

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I can't give you a 2-14 team but I can give you a 1-15 team that in one year turned around to win their division and even beat the NE Pats to win the division. The 2008 Miami Dolphins.

Sorry, couldn't resist but you asked the question...
    So one team and thy werent within in one game ofbthe division as we were, if not for the palko starts we would have. We, i think, are closer than the dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    They also have had a much tougher division than we have had
    The afc east was not a strong division this year. One team above .500.

And wasnt bill parcells, scott olpiolis father in law, responsible for the personnel changes down there.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast