Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    This seems so much like it's just become fashionable to bash Pioli and the organization, and so people are piling on.

Who is ultimately making the choices here Dude?

You look back over the history of the Chiefs and tell everyone it was always the coaches fault when success was absent.

How many AFC West banners are flying in Arrowhead?

One thing I will say, undoubtedly, the Chiefs have loyal fans as a whole but the end result, which should be Championships, speaks for itself.

Call it Pioli bashing...Call it organization bashing...Whichever, whatever but the proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Who is ultimately making the choices here Dude?

You look back over the history of the Chiefs and tell everyone it was always the coaches fault when success was absent.

How many AFC West banners are flying in Arrowhead?

One thing I will say, undoubtedly, the Chiefs have loyal fans as a whole but the end result, which should be Championships, speaks for itself.

Call it Pioli bashing...Call it organization bashing...Whichever, whatever but the proof is in the pudding.
    My question to you is this. What is there to bash Pioli about? Pioli wasn't the gm of this team in the bad times before. When he got to KC this team was in really really bad shape. They were coming off a 2 win season. Piloli took over a big job. And while this team still does have some areas of need they are in FAR FAR better shape then they were when he took over. I can't say that I am upset with how things have gone under him so far.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This ^^^^^^
    I still would like to ask Haley one question. If all of these things you say were happening the minute you walked into the stadioum, you should have asked better questions before you came on board.

Hunt and Pioli are leading this team, they have the mindset they want for this team, it is their team afterall. If Haley wanted to wear ratty old clothes, he should have asked if that was going to be a problem.

You should never assume anything when going into a new job, and I have no doubt that Hunt and Pioli have a reason that even Gretz does not get. I am not a huge fan of Gretz anyway, but is is evident he was a Haley fan and was angry the man was fired.

I think the biggest mistake that Pioli has made in this organization to date is hiring Haley.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

One more thing on all of this. If Haley was so great, why has he not been signed by someone yet? I mean, he has had a small amount of interest, even considered a possibility of returning to Arizona. Pittsburgh interviewed him, the Jets interviewed him, no takers so far.

There are a lot of jobs out there, so maybe Haley is being selective? Not likely, I think it more likely that no one is really willing to put up with his ****.

Bob brings up Belicheks's ratty clothing. When Haley wins as many Super Bowls and play off games as Belichek then maybe he can start looking like a ragamuffin!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    One more thing on all of this. If Haley was so great, why has he not been signed by someone yet? I mean, he has had a small amount of interest, even considered a possibility of returning to Arizona. Pittsburgh interviewed him, the Jets interviewed him, no takers so far.

There are a lot of jobs out there, so maybe Haley is being selective? Not likely, I think it more likely that no one is really willing to put up with his ****.

Bob brings up Belicheks's ratty clothing. When Haley wins as many Super Bowls and play off games as Belichek then maybe he can start looking like a ragamuffin!
    BaaaBam!

I am not anti-Pioli. He has made mistakes. The biggest, in my opinion, is a failure to work things out with a HC who took a 2-14 team to a division crown in his second year.

And I think Todd Haley has some flaws too. Specifically in his failure to work things out with his teammates and superiors.

But to buy one side of the story is not something I can do.

One is right, and so is the other.

One is wrong, and so is the other.

That has been the case in 99% of the conflicts I have seen in my life. Even when I have thought that I was completely in the right.

You look back on some of the situations you have been in, and realize that you were not as fair as you thought you were. There is almost always a "can't see the forest for the trees" aspect, leading each "side" to believe they have done no wrong.

It is exceptionally rare for one "side" to be completely at fault, while the other is guilt-free.

And, from the little evidence that has been brought out in this case, I am confused as to how anybody has already come to a decision.

And, if you have already made up your mind, I doubt that anything that comes out later will change your position.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am not anti-Pioli. He has made mistakes. The biggest, in my opinion, is a failure to work things out with a HC who took a 2-14 team to a division crown in his second year.

And I think Todd Haley has some flaws too. Specifically in his failure to work things out with his teammates and superiors.

But to buy one side of the story is not something I can do.

One is right, and so is the other.

One is wrong, and so is the other.

That has been the case in 99% of the conflicts I have seen in my life. Even when I have thought that I was completely in the right.

You look back on some of the situations you have been in, and realize that you were not as fair as you thought you were. There is almost always a "can't see the forest for the trees" aspect, leading each "side" to believe they have done no wrong.

It is exceptionally rare for one "side" to be completely at fault, while the other is guilt-free.

And, from the little evidence that has been brought out in this case, I am confused as to how anybody has already come to a decision.

And, if you have already made up your mind, I doubt that anything that comes out later will change your position.
    There's an old saying there's 3 sides to every story side A side B and the truth

Well except when you and I argue then well we all know that I'm always right
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If we had a "Hall of Classics" forum this thread would be that forum's most valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

That can be countered with this:

For the same reason there were not and are any coaches beating down the door to come to KC.

Pioli gets all of the credit for the success in 2010 but Haley gets NONE??? LMAO Ok...

That can be countered with this:

For the same reason there were not and are any coaches beating down the door to come to KC.

Pioli gets all of the credit for the success in 2010 but Haley gets NONE??? LMAO Ok...
    And here you go, it's back on Pioli and it's got to be his fault. He was talking about Haley and only Haley. Nothing was said about Pioli or that it wasn't his fault. What he was saying is that if someone is hard to work with you're less likely to hire them. As you've said before you've interviewed people so surely you've had to see this type of person before. Did you go ahead and hire them anyway?

Unless a person is absolutely, hands down the best person for that job they aren't going to be hired. Especially if they're hard to work, things have to be their way or they don't know how to motivate someone. I think that's what we're seeing now with Haley.