Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Just brought up an interesting concept about a HC leaving a successful team, and I realized that I have never heard of it happening in The NFL.

I mean, it would be a pretty rare thing anyway. But especially in The NFL, I would think.

In college, the notoriety of some schools could be a huge boost to a coaches career options, as far as opening doors to The NFL.

But, in The NFL, there is no higher league to aim for, and notoriety would play a far less significant role in such a decision.

When I saw that idea rolled out for Todd Haley, something in me instantly jumped back, as if the notion were completely far-fetched. I can't help but to be curious if that was just me, or if the notion is truly as unprecedented as it seems.

Look Pal....

Just help me find an example, or HUSH!!!!

Your right all that has so much to do with Pioli and the joke he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yes sir, I most certainly have. :)

Oh, and I have photo's to back up whomever I've met & interacted with related to the Chiefs franchise, including Haley, Pioli, Hunt, and Donovan. :)
    Who cares about the photos....LOL

Was he a pr*ck to you? Was he cordial?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    What about head coaches leaving NFL for College. I was watching Tosh.0 (show on comedy central with a comedian named Daniel Tosh), and he hates nick Saben(spelling?) because he's a Dolphin fan and Saben left the dolphins to go coach Alabama......I have no clue if this is an example you're looking for because i'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread hahaha
    That's somewhat relative.

Though, I don't think 6-10 puts it in the field of leaving a successful team.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Oh.

That does sound fair, when you put it like that.

But if anybody knows of situations where a HC has left his own successful team for another, I would like to hear about it.

I just don't think I have ever heard of that before.
    George seifert.....left san fran for carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    George seifert.....left san fran for carolina.
    He took three years off in between though. If that were not a factor, then Dick Vermiel would be a candidate.

Probably as close as we will get though.

Default Memory Loss

I have to agree with the minority group of posters who recognize things being far better today than three years ago.

As far as security, when you think of things in the context of "wins" being worth millions of dollars of unshared revenue to each team... doesn't it make sense that there probably are people out there buying and selling intel on every team? We don't look at Apple or Microsoft as maniacal for the security measures they employ for the very same reasons and benefits.

Last... three years ago everyone was saying that we needed to dump the roster because there was no talent. Today, everyone claims Pioli has brought in nothing and inherited this wealth of talent. Talk about your "flip flop".

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718