Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this Pioli is a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    If the Chiefs don't want to pay Haley, they already know that a lawsuit can come. They already know also, that everything in a trial will become public, so they are willing to take that chance.
    If they are willing to do that, i assume it is because they are right.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Getting Away, Going Home … Wednesday Cup O’Chiefs

February 1, 2012 - Bob Gretz | Comments (25)
    Over the weekend I learned former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley would be visiting with the Pittsburgh Steelers about their offensive coordinator’s job that came open last week with the firing of Bruce Arians.
    That visit went down Tuesday in Pittsburgh and the results remain unknown. By the time you read this, a decision yeah or nay could already have been made. Late Tuesday evening, things appeared all quiet on the eastern front.
    I can tell you this, never have I rooted for a coach to get a job as hard as I’m rooting for Haley to land with the black and gold. I’m always the first one to say be careful what you wish for because you might get it. I know that Haley would like to spend his 2012 season back home with the Steelers, the team that was so much a part of his youth. There’s almost a magical feel to the mere possibility.
    More than anything, it would be the perfect antidote for Haley to recover from what he lived with over his final two seasons as head coach of the Chiefs.
    We’ve all heard so much from Clark Hunt about how he wants his organization to be like the Steelers, and then he turns around and does things that are completely opposite of what would happen with the Rooney family. Maybe if this job works out, Haley will actually get a taste of the Steelers Way.
    It’s become more and more apparent that even though he was named coach of the year by some outlets in 2010, won a division title and got the Chiefs into the playoffs with a lineup far from championship caliber, the organization wanted to dump him after that season. Unfortunately, neither Hunt nor GM Scott Pioli had the guts to pull the trigger and make the move, so worried were they about the public reaction to firing a coach that made the playoffs.
    Instead, they kept him on board and went about making his life as head coach as miserable as possible. Second guessing of decisions to his face, to others in the organization, to friendly media types began almost immediately. Hunt would have preferred the Chiefs have kept Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator and gotten rid of Haley, but that’s not how things worked out.
    There was constant harping at Haley about little things. The head coach went to a Lil’Wayne concert on a Monday night in August with some of his players and word spread out of the Chiefs offices around the league that Haley was a slacker, unwilling to work hard. There were snide comments in the national media, passed down the pipeline from the Chiefs front office about his mental stability and his supposedly uncontrollable temper. There were willing partners in the local media who were fed this pabulum as well, and they repeated it almost with glee.
    There was the talk of how he dressed; his raggedy hat, his shaving habits, his sweatshirts and the like. Those last items really infuriated the home office in Dallas. The talk out of Hunt Central was that Haley did not represent what an NFL head coach should look like. Wonder if Bill Belichick has ever had Patriots owner Robert Kraft walk into his office and question him about his choice of hoodie with cutoff sleeves for his sideline apparel?
    One of the things that gnawed at Haley almost immediately upon his arrival in the building was how little things became big things, the old making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, there was the inability of the organization to move quickly and pull the trigger on various situations. There were constant conversations, back and forth between the offices and Dallas, more meetings and still sometimes a decision couldn’t get made.
    For the last two seasons he was the head coach, Haley was one man in the boat with a single oar. There was nobody rowing in the same direction. I don’t buy a lot of conspiracy theories on any subject, but more and more it seems like the team’s unwillingness to spend money on new players going into last year when there were so many possibilities may have had motives other than saving a buck.
    As has happened frequently with the powers in charge with the Chiefs, anything that happens even after a person leaves the building is blamed on the absent. The Kansas City Star story on the toxic environment around the team has been blamed on Haley around the bigwigs at team headquarters. Now, there’s talk that the team is not going to pay him the last year of his contract, because they fired him “with cause.” Cause was never a word that Hunt or Pioli used when they announced Haley’s firing on December 12.
    Eventually, the Chiefs will pay Haley the money they owe him, even if he has to go to league arbitration and the court house to get the check. It will just be a continuation of the hapless behavior of a franchise that has become an NFL laughingstock. At the Senior Bowl last week there were 800 NFL team employees in Mobile. I didn’t talk to 800 or 400 or even 200. But over five days, I bet I spoke to 100 head coaches, assistant coaches, GMs, front office employees and scouts. Almost to a man, they wanted to know about the Star story. It seems that everyone in the league has read the toxic tale and not a single one of them made a comment to indicate they thought Haley was out of his mind for thinking his office was bugged and his phone tapped. Most of them were not surprised.
    If Haley can jump to the stability that is the hallmark of the Rooney family and their operation of the Steelers, it will help wash away the last two years in the toxic soup of the Chiefs organization. In Pittsburgh right now, things are not perfect. Their early departure from the playoffs was not what’s expected each year. The team’s offense has been spotty and has drifted too far to the passing side, with not enough running game. Arians was fired and that has made quarterback Ben Roethlisberger unhappy. It seems like Roethlisberger is continually hurt, because he holds onto the ball so long and takes so many hits. They badly need to rebuild their offensive line, which has had massive injury problems over the last few seasons.
    But, compared to what Todd Haley’s had to live with the past two years, it would be a day at the coaching beach, where he could coach and not have to constantly look over his shoulder.

This seems so much like it's just become fashionable to bash Pioli and the organization, and so people are piling on.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Well Thanks for what you know Connie and sharing it. I for one believe in Pioli, to me he has done pretty well so far. He has made mistakes and he has admitted to them, how many in his line of work really do that? In Gm terms, he has been here a short time, and he needs time and it takes time to build a good competitive ball club. So, until he does something to completely destroy my trust in him, I will back him 100 percent. As far as QB goes, he is in a tough spot right now and we will just have to wait and see what he does in this years draft and FA. We all want the same thing, him I'm sure more than us to some degree, lets just give him the chance to do it. Connie jo is our eye's and ears at Arrowhead because of her commitment and involvement with our Chiefs and I believe 100% of what she says she believe's to be true and until she proves herself wrong or deceitful, I will trust what she has to say and I thank her for sharing what she does know......
    Well, thank you. My feelings related to Pioli are the same as yours...until he gives me just cause not to believe in him...I will believe in him, because he has given me just cause as such.

As far as my integrity or ability to be wrong, haha...well, please keep in mind I form my opinions based upon my own life experiences, knowledge, and heartfelt instincts. I'm human, & I can make errors in judgement like anyone else, although not often, haha. I don't mean that egotistically...it's just I'm 'naturally' good at observing human behavior...seeing through people clearly. I've been like that since I was a kid, have been told by Dr's I was born with a gift. There is much truth in that the eyes are the mirror to ones soul. Some pro's I've worked with over the years in the field of psychology & psychiatry, while volunteer counseling helping others...say I have a gift also, but being able to see through others clearly can be a curse as much as a blessing, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm as honest as humanly possible...without integrity the soul is worthless in my humble opinion. I've not sold my soul, and don't intend to. I've been told by many throughout life that I'm "too honest"...well, I don't think such is possible. If I do make an error in judgement...it's an unintentional one, I assure you. :)

Anyway, trust me...no one will be more let down and disappointed in Scott Pioli than I will be...if it's found to be his committment and dedication to the Chiefs franchise is not as he claims. I can tell you this as well, Scott Pioli say's he loves KC, all of it, including the school system his young daughter is in. He said he'd like to spend the remainder of his career with the Chiefs...I for one, believe that too. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I just can't believe I keep reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden2004 View Post

Over the weekend I learned former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley would be visiting with the Pittsburgh Steelers about their offensive coordinator’s job that came open last week with the firing of Bruce Arians.
    That visit went down Tuesday in Pittsburgh and the results remain unknown. By the time you read this, a decision yeah or nay could already have been made. Late Tuesday evening, things appeared all quiet on the eastern front.
    I can tell you this, never have I rooted for a coach to get a job as hard as I’m rooting for Haley to land with the black and gold. I’m always the first one to say be careful what you wish for because you might get it. I know that Haley would like to spend his 2012 season back home with the Steelers, the team that was so much a part of his youth. There’s almost a magical feel to the mere possibility.
    More than anything, it would be the perfect antidote for Haley to recover from what he lived with over his final two seasons as head coach of the Chiefs.
    We’ve all heard so much from Clark Hunt about how he wants his organization to be like the Steelers, and then he turns around and does things that are completely opposite of what would happen with the Rooney family. Maybe if this job works out, Haley will actually get a taste of the Steelers Way.
    It’s become more and more apparent that even though he was named coach of the year by some outlets in 2010, won a division title and got the Chiefs into the playoffs with a lineup far from championship caliber, the organization wanted to dump him after that season. Unfortunately, neither Hunt nor GM Scott Pioli had the guts to pull the trigger and make the move, so worried were they about the public reaction to firing a coach that made the playoffs.
    Instead, they kept him on board and went about making his life as head coach as miserable as possible. Second guessing of decisions to his face, to others in the organization, to friendly media types began almost immediately. Hunt would have preferred the Chiefs have kept Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator and gotten rid of Haley, but that’s not how things worked out.
    There was constant harping at Haley about little things. The head coach went to a Lil’Wayne concert on a Monday night in August with some of his players and word spread out of the Chiefs offices around the league that Haley was a slacker, unwilling to work hard. There were snide comments in the national media, passed down the pipeline from the Chiefs front office about his mental stability and his supposedly uncontrollable temper. There were willing partners in the local media who were fed this pabulum as well, and they repeated it almost with glee.
    There was the talk of how he dressed; his raggedy hat, his shaving habits, his sweatshirts and the like. Those last items really infuriated the home office in Dallas. The talk out of Hunt Central was that Haley did not represent what an NFL head coach should look like. Wonder if Bill Belichick has ever had Patriots owner Robert Kraft walk into his office and question him about his choice of hoodie with cutoff sleeves for his sideline apparel?
    One of the things that gnawed at Haley almost immediately upon his arrival in the building was how little things became big things, the old making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, there was the inability of the organization to move quickly and pull the trigger on various situations. There were constant conversations, back and forth between the offices and Dallas, more meetings and still sometimes a decision couldn’t get made.
    For the last two seasons he was the head coach, Haley was one man in the boat with a single oar. There was nobody rowing in the same direction. I don’t buy a lot of conspiracy theories on any subject, but more and more it seems like the team’s unwillingness to spend money on new players going into last year when there were so many possibilities may have had motives other than saving a buck.
    As has happened frequently with the powers in charge with the Chiefs, anything that happens even after a person leaves the building is blamed on the absent. The Kansas City Star story on the toxic environment around the team has been blamed on Haley around the bigwigs at team headquarters. Now, there’s talk that the team is not going to pay him the last year of his contract, because they fired him “with cause.” Cause was never a word that Hunt or Pioli used when they announced Haley’s firing on December 12.
    Eventually, the Chiefs will pay Haley the money they owe him, even if he has to go to league arbitration and the court house to get the check. It will just be a continuation of the hapless behavior of a franchise that has become an NFL laughingstock. At the Senior Bowl last week there were 800 NFL team employees in Mobile. I didn’t talk to 800 or 400 or even 200. But over five days, I bet I spoke to 100 head coaches, assistant coaches, GMs, front office employees and scouts. Almost to a man, they wanted to know about the Star story. It seems that everyone in the league has read the toxic tale and not a single one of them made a comment to indicate they thought Haley was out of his mind for thinking his office was bugged and his phone tapped. Most of them were not surprised.
    If Haley can jump to the stability that is the hallmark of the Rooney family and their operation of the Steelers, it will help wash away the last two years in the toxic soup of the Chiefs organization. In Pittsburgh right now, things are not perfect. Their early departure from the playoffs was not what’s expected each year. The team’s offense has been spotty and has drifted too far to the passing side, with not enough running game. Arians was fired and that has made quarterback Ben Roethlisberger unhappy. It seems like Roethlisberger is continually hurt, because he holds onto the ball so long and takes so many hits. They badly need to rebuild their offensive line, which has had massive injury problems over the last few seasons.
    But, compared to what Todd Haley’s had to live with the past two years, it would be a day at the coaching beach, where he could coach and not have to constantly look over his shoulder.
    The NFL has what's known in law enforcement and the military as a "code of silence". Of course the coaches & others spoken to are not going to make any derogatory comments against Haley. Even moreso because of his connections back East through his father, Dick Haley. As well, of course these people spoken too didn't act surprised related to the Star's allegations...they're use to media stirring such controversy for ratings. They also know EVERY franchise in the NFL does the very same thing Haley has allegedly accused the Chiefs of doing. Corporate issued phones are monitored, and can be done so legally...as a matter of detering employee theft, media leaks, lack of productivity, etc..

Journalists/media...also have a code of sticking behind their pals...such as sticking behind a Kent Babbs who is now being highly criticised for the Star article, of which was based in mere speculation & hearsay.

Tapping a personal cell phone is a Federal crime...if the allegations had any credibility...the FBI would be all over this, including be all over 1 Arrowhead Drive investigating. So far, that has not occurred to anyone's knowledge. The NFL as well, has dismissed the allegations for lack of credible evidence. There is no evidence, not as of yet anyway, and Haley has yet to file a formal complaint with the NFL or authorities...why?

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will say this, that although I've interacted personally with and like Clark Hunt...I'm not convinced he has the same dedication and committment that his GM, Scott Pioli does. I hope he does, but I'm not sensing the same depth of passion within him as I did Pioli. Clark is a more reserved personality than Pioli, however, his expressions more 'refined', shall we say. No doubt a result of his wealthy upbrining.

Furthermore, related to appearance of Haley, and the Hunts not approving...the Chiefs franchise has always had a 'dress code', for lack of a better definition, since day one when Lamar founded his franchise. It began with Lamar, not Clark. Lamar expected his staff/players from top to bottom to present a clean, respectable, and professional image. That is nothing new.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-01-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    This seems so much like it's just become fashionable to bash Pioli and the organization, and so people are piling on.

~Hammer meets nail on head!~
    I agree completely. Gretz is a friend of Babbs, whom is now under fire for the Star article, as is the Stars editor. Haley and Babbs are also friends...yet something else about Haley frowned upon...becoming 'too close' with journalists, of whom 'leak' info wanting to be 'the first' to report.

The NFL is a highly competitive billion dollar business. Strictest of confidentiality is necessary with strategic planning to be competitive against opponents, including related to the draft and FA. It's like war...generals strategically plan against their enemies to achieve victory in battles...confidentiality leaks can undermine and destroy their efforts. In the NFL...owners & GM's are the generals, the coaching staff the sergeants, the players the soldiers. No disrespect intended to our brave Military by using them as a comparison to an NFL franchise and the 'game' of pro-football, it is simply the best analogy I could use to make a point.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 02-01-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden2004 View Post

This ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I will say this, that although I've interacted personally with and like Clark Hunt...I'm not convinced he has the same dedication and committment that his GM, Scott Pioli does. I hope he does, but I'm not sensing the same depth of passion within him as I did Pioli. Clark is a more reserved personality than Pioli, however, his expressions more 'refined', shall we say. No doubt a result of his wealthy upbrining.

Furthermore, related to appearance of Haley, and the Hunts not approving...the Chiefs franchise has always had a 'dress code', for lack of a better definition, since day one when Lamar founded his franchise. It began with Lamar, not Clark. Lamar expected his staff/players from top to bottom to present a clean, respectable, and professional image. That is nothing new.
    Have you ever met or interacted with Haley?