Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jermichael Finley, Free Agent

Default Jermichael Finley, Free Agent

Living in Packer territory, this guy has really gotten on the last nerve of Packers fans. The big question is whether or not Green Bay will resign him.

If not, I think he is a great talent that would be a huge asset to this team. Bowe (resign)/Breaston/Baldwin/Moeaki/Finley would be a tremendous cast for whoever is under center.

Cool Finley

Finley dropped 11 passes last season. Almost as many as Bowe, who had 12. But by all means, let's build an inept offense around both of them.... This is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Concerns View Post
    Finley dropped 11 passes last season. Almost as many as Bowe, who had 12. But by all means, let's build an inept offense around both of them.... This is a bad idea.

I don't know that it's necessarily a common thing for him though, as much as it might be a one year blunder. 2 drops in '08, 4 drops in '09, no drops in '10 (only played 4 games).

My concern would not be drops, but the additional money we would be tying up at a position that Moeaki is filling.

I wouldn't mind it at all But I really don't think that it's going to happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Wouldn't mind it..... Think it might take a little more money than what I think we should spend on the position since we do already have Moeaki...

But with Moeaki's injury history we do need to add another receiving threat at TE in case he goes down.

What about the idea of adding Fred Davis from Washington?? He will probably be re-signed by them because it seems he has passed Chris Cooley on the Depth chart, and Cooley's injury problems and age seem to have recently kept him off the field....

Or if they Re-sign Davis, maybe they cut Cooley.... I wouldn't mind grabbing him either.

I don't think the Chiefs would be one of the teams willing to make a big financial committment to Finley if he hits the free agent market (which I think he will).

I agree with the posters that mention Moeaki's health concerns and I think after suffering through a circus season at tight end of Pope, McConnell, and Becht, we now know how important it is to have viable depth at the position. I also think the position has seen a rebirth of sorts and teams will look to copy what New England has successfully done with the position.

That being said, I don't see us getting any of the bigger names in free agency, but one player I would like to keep an eye on as an option is Visanthe Shiancoe. He might be looking for a starter's contract if he hits the market, and if that is the case, then he might be too expensive for a back-up/sub role with Moeaki the likely starter. But he could be a very good signing for us to hedge bets on the health of Moeaki.

I also really like Coby Fleener from Stanford as a draft option. I am not as huge of a fan of Clemson junior tight end Dwayne Allen, but if he is around in the second or third round he is definitely worth considering.

If losing Moeaki had any upside at all it is that it confirmed we have no depth at tight end. Pope is mediocre at best. I think him being out is the #1 reason Cassel had a bad year.

When you look at the likes of a Gronkowski or Graham and the dynamic they bring to an offense I can't help but want to go after a top tier TE. I would love to see us add a tight end in FA.

Living in Charlotte I watched Shockey and Olson keep Newton lookin good all season and would like to see that in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Living in Packer territory, this guy has really gotten on the last nerve of Packers fans. The big question is whether or not Green Bay will resign him.

If not, I think he is a great talent that would be a huge asset to this team. Bowe (resign)/Breaston/Baldwin/Moeaki/Finley would be a tremendous cast for whoever is under center.
    Why are people on their last nerve with him?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Why are people on their last nerve with him?
    The drop problems he had this season that Chief_Concerns cited...And he's a whiner apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast