Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC Position

Default OC Position

Just seeing if anyone has heard any news...

I did just read some neat information I was unaware of....

Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael, Jr. was also part of that staff, serving as Cleveland’s tight ends coach.

I had thought of Rob Chudzinski, because he was the OC with Crennel in Cleveland when they posted the only winning season of the current Browns history, and he has had success in San Diego, and this season in Carolina..... But he has been interviewed for multiple HC positions throughout the league so I'm not sure he will come in as an OC if he has a chance to be a HC.

Would love to see Carmichael Jr. here though...

Any other news, thoughts, connections????

I like Carmichael and Tom Clements as options. I would really like to see a young, dynamic offensive mind added to the staff. I could see Carmichael being a really good option now as an OC with the idea he could be an option in the future as a head coach candidate.

Cool OC position

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    I like Carmichael and Tom Clements as options. I would really like to see a young, dynamic offensive mind added to the staff. I could see Carmichael being a really good option now as an OC with the idea he could be an option in the future as a head coach candidate.

Clements would be a great choice if we could bring him in. He could really help Stanzi develop. He has worked well with Rodgers and Flynn in GB.

I have not heard anything on this yet. I hope we here something in the next few days. It would be great to have the guy hired sooner rather then later.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

there really being hush hush, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be zorn

Read this on SB Nation, and it bring up a good point..."You'd have to assume that since Crennel has already came out and said that he's still going to be calling plays for the defense and therefore, still heavily involved with that side of the ball. That whoever is hired as the offensive coordinator will have to have had experience as an offensive coordinator already. You most likely won't be seeing a positional coach get his first crack at offensive coordinator with the Chiefs in 2012."

Ive also heard that Brad Childress, Brian Daboll, and of course Hue Jackson are all linked to us...

Jan. 13, 2012 3:48 p.m. - by Bob Gretz - Crennel will interview coaches on playoff teams for OC
    For the position of offensive coordinator, coach Romeo Crennel says he has his eyes on several candidates who are coaching in the playoffs. “We’ve got some candidates we’ve got lined up that we’re going to talk to in the next week here,” Crennel said. “Then, we’ll see what’s the best fit for us and we’ll do what’s best for the Chiefs.” Chiefs RapidReports

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Jan. 13, 2012 3:48 p.m. - by Bob Gretz - Crennel will interview coaches on playoff teams for OC
    For the position of offensive coordinator, coach Romeo Crennel says he has his eyes on several candidates who are coaching in the playoffs. “We’ve got some candidates we’ve got lined up that we’re going to talk to in the next week here,” Crennel said. “Then, we’ll see what’s the best fit for us and we’ll do what’s best for the Chiefs.” Chiefs RapidReports
    So..this was on last Friday.... which means the candidates are on either the Packers, Pats, Giants, 49ers, Saints, or Broncos, Ravens, or Texans

The three names that pop out to me are Pete Carmichael Jr. from the saints (Which would be awesome!), Tom Clements (QB's coach/Offensive assistant), or Mike McCoy from the Broncos (which I've heard he is being interviewed for HC positions....

Would love either Carmichael Jr. or Clements!

Friends here in KC said they saw Al Saunders at the Plaza dining recently, which means he's in town for some special reason...just sayin!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Friends here in KC said they saw Al Saunders at the Plaza dining recently, which means he's in town for some special reason...just sayin!! :)
    Sweet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast