Thread: Our own Free Agents

Default Our own Free Agents

Has anyone heard any news or rumors about re-signing D. Bowe and B. Carr. Do they want to stay? I think they are two very important pieces to the puzzle and we need them here. We have the money available for both of them.

Think we will here more on this when it gets closer to free agent time.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

yea they set up there eggs last with flowers during the season, things will stay stale till its time to franchize

put a twist on the big 2

only one stays... who do you want worse?

i vote Carr, if you can ONLY HAVE 1

I would love to have both resigned to long term deals, but in all honesty I don't think we get that lucky. I think we pay Carr what he wants and keep him. To us he is more valuable then Bowe. Heres why. I think he is better then Flowers mostly because he is taller and faster. (sure Flowers is quicker) and with out Carr we loose the big piece of the secondary. Flowers would be having to cover a much bigger area, Berry would not be able to play up and be blitzed and the chiefs spent way to much money on these two to loose Carr. Carr completes the Secondary.

I also think we give Bowe what he wants and franchise him. I really believe Bowe wants out, and everyone knows he is better then his numbers were this pass season. I could see several teams (Pats, Giants, bucs and more) give us a 1st and 4th or 5th for Bowe. He is worth more to a pass happy team then he is to us. Bowe may also be used in a trade to get RG3, however I think this is a long shot.

In a business standpoint Bowe would hurt us more, and in recent tears the chiefs have spent big money on several players, (Hali, DJ, Flowers, Berry) all these being on the Defense and not signing Carr would make everyone of these players play outside their (comfort zone) or the way they play their game best.

One may say we would have the same thing in the offense without Bowe, but I think Bowe is a smaller piece to the offense then Carr is to the defense, not to mention our defense is near enough complete to win a superbowl and the offense..................................needs lots of adjustments, maybe complete overhauling. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I would love to have both resigned to long term deals, but in all honesty I don't think we get that lucky. I think we pay Carr what he wants and keep him. To us he is more valuable then Bowe. Heres why. I think he is better then Flowers mostly because he is taller and faster. (sure Flowers is quicker) and with out Carr we loose the big piece of the secondary. Flowers would be having to cover a much bigger area, Berry would not be able to play up and be blitzed and the chiefs spent way to much money on these two to loose Carr. Carr completes the Secondary.

I also think we give Bowe what he wants and franchise him. I really believe Bowe wants out, and everyone knows he is better then his numbers were this pass season. I could see several teams (Pats, Giants, bucs and more) give us a 1st and 4th or 5th for Bowe. He is worth more to a pass happy team then he is to us. Bowe may also be used in a trade to get RG3, however I think this is a long shot.

In a business standpoint Bowe would hurt us more, and in recent tears the chiefs have spent big money on several players, (Hali, DJ, Flowers, Berry) all these being on the Defense and not signing Carr would make everyone of these players play outside their (comfort zone) or the way they play their game best.

One may say we would have the same thing in the offense without Bowe, but I think Bowe is a smaller piece to the offense then Carr is to the defense, not to mention our defense is near enough complete to win a superbowl and the offense..................................needs lots of adjustments, maybe complete overhauling. JMHO
    I like the idea of franchising Bowe and then trading him if needs be. I'm starting to see more and more articles about Bowe hitting the free market and going elsewhere. The Bucs is the most common spot I've seen. But throw money at Carr and lock him up for 3 or 4 years. I'd say do a 5 year contract but as a corner at 30 you're past your prime and most likely cut or moved to a safety position.

Bowe has dropped simple passes since I was watching him on Saturday's at LSU but he can get the job done. I think we have to franchise him though and give Baldwin another year. If Bowe leaves and Baldwin is a flop (please don't be a flop) then we're left with an aged Breaston. I can't stress enough that I don't want to be picking someone like Curtis Wilson up the week of a playoff appearance again.

Overall though if Crennel is going to call the D and be the HC like others have said we need to bring in a strong OC. They're going to want to put in their system and put players in. We have talent but that talent can be moved around Asamoah to LG or stay at RG, Albert to RT or LG/RG, etc.

Perhaps this is just what we needed? Get the guy that calls the D and set him up with draft picks for a few years and then get a solid OC and spend free agency and a draft for the next few years on his offense?