Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone help ID my hat?

Default Can someone help ID my hat?

Hey all, I need some help.

Shortest version of this story: Buddy's Grandpa hands me this, says it's the 1st official licensed item from KC.
    I have no idea if that's true, part of the tag is missing, which sucks, but the thing is in really good shape.

I can't find another one online anywhere, and nobody I ask seems to know anything about it.

I'll get a pic posted in a minute, but i want everyone to get their thinking caps on lol
    ^edit^ got pics here, so here ya all go

that's all the info i got, sucks don't it? lol
    Last edited by bricooper78; 01-18-2012 at 01:52 AM.

thanks for that!

i've been watching eBay, and anything else i can find, heck I even sent an email to the sports place that IDs stuff for the pawn stars tv show, haven't heard back, not that i expected to lol

i can't believe how difficult it's been to find info on this thing.

Well, for anyone listening, I emailed the ultimate sports card ULTIMATESPORTSCARDS.com Your Industry experts and valleys premier card and memorabilia shop! See us on Pawn Stars! place. Probably known as the sports guy from Pawn Stars. Here's what I just got back.

"
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for the email and your patience in us getting back to you.

It's certainly a "unique" item and we haven't had one like yours come through our doors. Being that hats like this isn't something we typically deal in, I'm not sure of a price off the top of my head. If it is an original hat (circa 1963) it would be likely in the $75-$150 range.

Hope this helps,

Ultimate Sports Cards"

So, nobody has another one of these, still.

Wish I could find another one

try VillageHatShop.com, they claim to be experts on unique hats maybe they can give you info and value
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

hey thanks!!!!! never heard of them!

i also put up an ad on the kansas city craigslist, just hoping for a long shot really.

i'd swear it was home made, but it has that tag..... this is seriously starting to bother me lol

I've collected Chiefs memorabilia for almost 30 yrs...but I'm partial to vintage memorabilia. I've not ever seen another hat like yours. I don't think it's 'homemade' because of the tag. I doubt it's 1963, because the Chiefs weren't part of the NFL in 1963, so their merchandise from pre-NFL merger era didn't have any tags related to the NFL.

I'm still thinking it's an early 70's era hat, based upon style, felt logo, and the NFL licensed merchandise tag.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Just an idea as far as dating the hat...you might look online at old Chiefs game photos from the 70's-80's, that show fans in the stands. Maybe you'll see someone wearing that hat, or similar. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

LOL funny you'd say that, NFL network just had a "longest game ever played" show on, I hit record on the dvr, didn't see anything while watching on tv, so i'll have to do a bit of dissection on it while nobody is home, or i may bore them to death lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12