Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons We'll win the West next season

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The problem is the impending overhaul of the offense.
    I don't think that the overhaul to the offense is going to be much of an issue. I don't think it's going to change all that much as I think we are going to see Zorn as the OC now that time has passed and we haven't heard any names really talked to at all. And Myself I think it's going to be better just the playcalling system won't be so messed up.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The problem is the impending overhaul of the offense.
    The running game will be greatly improved with the return of Charles as well as (hopefully) some O Line on the right side!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    With a value added draft, some very good FA signings and returning starters from this past season that were injured, I expect to see them in the AFC championship game at a minimum.
    Wow that's a bold prediction for someone who thinks Crennel is going to bomb as HC...Unless you are being sarcastic..just don't know how and AFC championship season would be considered bombing? (I just like givin ya crap)

I agree with everything thing you said, except the AFC championship at a minimum... I think we will be successful (if the right moves are made) and I fully expect us to get back to the playoffs (if we remain healthy) I will be ecstatic if we make it to the AFC championship, but I would be happy and consider it a success to make it back to the playoffs... I want to win the whole thing of course.. but if Crennel can get us back to the playoffs I think the season will be considered a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The running game will be greatly improved with the return of Charles as well as (hopefully) some O Line on the right side!!
    I agree. But, from where we wound-up in 2011, improvement is a requirement, and how much improvement we see will be the issue.

Even if we restructure everything about the offense, it will be difficult not improve. But I think we need to see significant improvement, to be where we should be.

And my worry is that, knowing that our offense rated so low, The Chiefs will completely redesign the offense, citing the poor 2011 as reason to make drastic changes.

Should we make drastic changes, then we lose a lot of the growth that our players have made within it. And, while the low production of 2011 may give the impression that there was little of it, I think that would be a huge oversight.

Our O-line learned how to run block for someone who isn't Jamaal Charles, and even looked pretty good in pass protection as the season progressed. If not for the insane impact of injuries, then the growth of our offense would have produced in a way that every fan could see.

I agree. But, from where we wound-up in 2011, improvement is a requirement, and how much improvement we see will be the issue.

Even if we restructure everything about the offense, it will be difficult not improve. But I think we need to see significant improvement, to be where we should be.

And my worry is that, knowing that our offense rated so low, The Chiefs will completely redesign the offense, citing the poor 2011 as reason to make drastic changes.

Should we make drastic changes, then we lose a lot of the growth that our players have made within it. And, while the low production of 2011 may give the impression that there was little of it, I think that would be a huge oversight.

Our O-line learned how to run block for someone who isn't Jamaal Charles, and even looked pretty good in pass protection as the season progressed. If not for the insane impact of injuries, then the growth of our offense would have produced in a way that every fan could see.

They aren't going to redesign the offense. The coaches SHOULD know that there is only one style of offense that Cassel has even a slight chance of being successful. Hand it off, throw short passes, do play-action every now and then. That's the ONLY style he can do.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    They aren't going to redesign the offense. The coaches SHOULD know that there is only one style of offense that Cassel has even a slight chance of being successful. Hand it off, throw short passes, do play-action every now and then. That's the ONLY style he can do.
    2008 proves you wrong on that.

I don't agree. In 2008 he proved he hangs on to the ball too long and led the league in sacks, and that was with a"hell on wheels" offense line. And a good run game and the leagues best reciever corp. The same group that made brady look super human.

Don't get me wrong we can win games with Cassel, If we have the best run game and an elete TE. But for the most Cassel usually just don't loose games.

OOH unless we are behind and he has to score on his last posession than he usually looses.

To see Cassel as a good QB is just seeing it wrong. IMO

You yourself just said(two or three post up)that our OL finished the season with better pass protection and guess what that was the new qb, Orton, the one that has not been in practice for the last 3 years. And once again I'm not an Orton fan.

I'm not complaning about Cassel, I realize we have not had a better option. Just think he gets credit, the RB, OL, deserves. Perfect example this year when JC went down.

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Bill Belichick coaching, and 3 seasons to sit behind Tom Brady and learn about their "stable" offense inside and out. He doesn't have those luxuries here, hopefully we can find a way to play to his strengths if he is our starter which most likely he will be.

Really? Last time I checked, he only had three games of over 300 yards passing in 2008. Yep, big-time thrower.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Really? Last time I checked, he only had three games of over 300 yards passing in 2008. Yep, big-time thrower.
    Good point

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast