Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons We'll win the West next season

Hybrid View

The raiders front office can't find a head coach it likes. Errr... Rodney? They have a brand new front office, who is bringing in their own people for the first time.

I agree with his assessment that Tebow will have a bit of a rude awakening, because now everyone has plenty of game film- the surprise is over.

Bleacher Report still sucks.

"I don't know that Matt Cassel needs to be replaced at starting quarterback, but real competition for the job might just push Matt to the next level and that may make him a consistent winner." THIS!!!

Bleacherfail strikes again.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

"Second, we found out that it is not that hard to replace Cassel. Kyle Orton looked much more like a starter in three short games than Cassel did at any time during this season."

If it's not hard to replace him why aren't we doing it?!?

"I don't know that Matt Cassel needs to be replaced at starting quarterback, but real competition for the job might just push Matt to the next level and that may make him a consistent winner."

Might is the same word as possible which comes from probable which is statistics. Doesn't mean it won't or will happen it means it could and I could win the powerball too.

I have a big problem with #4 (A healthy team). Leaning on the thought that everyone would come back 100% is wishful. They'll be back but will they be the same as before they were hurt?

Past that I completely agree, Tebow has been figured out and SD is getting older and still has Turner. The "team to beat" is in a race to see who does what in the draft and free agency between us and the Raiders.

With a value added draft, some very good FA signings and returning starters from this past season that were injured, I expect to see them in the AFC championship game at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    With a value added draft, some very good FA signings and returning starters from this past season that were injured, I expect to see them in the AFC championship game at a minimum.
    The problem is the impending overhaul of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't think that the overhaul to the offense is going to be much of an issue. I don't think it's going to change all that much as I think we are going to see Zorn as the OC now that time has passed and we haven't heard any names really talked to at all. And Myself I think it's going to be better just the playcalling system won't be so messed up.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The running game will be greatly improved with the return of Charles as well as (hopefully) some O Line on the right side!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The running game will be greatly improved with the return of Charles as well as (hopefully) some O Line on the right side!!
    I agree. But, from where we wound-up in 2011, improvement is a requirement, and how much improvement we see will be the issue.

Even if we restructure everything about the offense, it will be difficult not improve. But I think we need to see significant improvement, to be where we should be.

And my worry is that, knowing that our offense rated so low, The Chiefs will completely redesign the offense, citing the poor 2011 as reason to make drastic changes.

Should we make drastic changes, then we lose a lot of the growth that our players have made within it. And, while the low production of 2011 may give the impression that there was little of it, I think that would be a huge oversight.

Our O-line learned how to run block for someone who isn't Jamaal Charles, and even looked pretty good in pass protection as the season progressed. If not for the insane impact of injuries, then the growth of our offense would have produced in a way that every fan could see.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast