Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Branden Albert Continuing to Improve

Default Branden Albert Continuing to Improve

"Chiefs running backs averaged 5.61 yards per carry to the left side of the offensive line compared to 3.25 going right and 3.02 up the middle. In other words, Chiefs backs had their greatest success behind LT Brandon Albert, who also graded out well as a pass protector in Pro Football Focus' ratings. First-year starting RG Jon Asamoah excelled as a pass-blocker, but has room to grow in the run game. The Chiefs figure to look for an upgrade on Barry Richardson at right tackle."

Source: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4805/branden-albert

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would almost bet that they make changes to their statistical evaluations every year or so too.

There are so many variables, that it would be an almost never-ending venture to try and perfect the system.
    And said "changes" benefit Branden, so much as to inflate him to the 4th best pass blocker. Now we're on the same page, no reason to argue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    And said "changes" benefit Branden, so much as to inflate him to the 4th best pass blocker. Now we're on the same page, no reason to argue anymore.
    It would be about inconsistency, added to the highly opinion-based "statistics" that they compile.

I like that they do that. It is fun to have different measuring devices for players in, otherwise non-statistical positions.

But it is not even as trust-worthy as purely factual statistics, such as rushing yards. Even those statistics come with the open end of having the opinion of rather those rushing yards were earned by the RB, or by the blocking, the quality of opponents, the offensive scheme, play-calling, weather conditions, etc.

But to add to all of those variables, a whole lot of opinion about what kind of mistake is a good mistake, or a bad one, makes the final "stats" far less credible.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Lighten up.

Their statistics are directly effected by opinion of what actually makes up the final numbers.

I did not say that they are favoring anybody. So pretending like I did is just foolish.

I discount their statistics as being opinion-based, because they are.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in a writer's opinion about football.

Now, it's not that I think that Albert is bad, because I don't. I simply think that he is inconsistent enough that, with our need at ROT, we should look for a draft pick to hopefully out-perform him at LOT, leaving us with a likely top-notch ROT should he fail to beat out Albert.

But I understand how fun it is to fling out sarcasm at an opinion that doesn't exist, isn't it?
    Okay okay I may have put some words in your mouth but that is the impression I get out of your side of the discussion, I also think competition is good any and everywhere but you sure sound like you don't like Albert, now answer his question -

"The question stands, would you be happier with an oft-injured, more poorly graded Okung...or Branden Albert, who has gotten significantly better with every passing season??"

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Okay okay I may have put some words in your mouth but that is the impression I get out of your side of the discussion, I also think competition is good any and everywhere but you sure sound like you don't like Albert, now answer his question -

"The question stands, would you be happier with an oft-injured, more poorly graded Okung...or Branden Albert, who has gotten significantly better with every passing season??"
    I would have been far happier with both, which is what we would have had, had we drafted Okung.

And, I don't know if I trade Albert for Okung, due to the injury situation. Albert has his strengths, and health is one of them. Not to mention, experience with the group we have here.

I would hope to change as few faces on the O-line, as possible, so eliminating our longest streak of active starts from the mix does not fit into my plans.

let me throw my 2cents in, Albert has continued to improve each year to the point where he has become an average LT. if we can draft an anchor LT and move Albert to RT or draft an anchor at RT, either would be an acceptable upgrade. right now it is the right side of the O line that is priority so however it is upgraded is irrelevant.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I'm of the opinion that so goes the OL, so goes the offense. Being that the Chiefs finished in the bottom fifth of the league in combined offense, I'm inclined to say that our offensive line needs help. That being said, I think Albert has room for improvement. A more consistent supporting cast (a good OL is really a team in itself - something that takes some time once the players are in place) is needed here. Consistency in both the coaching staff and players is lacking - but to be expected after the Herm and Haley fiasco's. Here's to a more consistent Albert, and Chiefs as a whole, beginning this next season.
    SHUT IT

Albert is nowadays our best O-lineman. Why you would move him to another position or replace him? Maybe I've watched a different season games. When he gave up sacks, were against lighter and quicker players. He needs to be faster, and he is losing some weight this off-season. I hope he can continue to improve his game, but I really want another RT.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123