Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: defensive tackle

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Neosho, Mo.
    Posts
    310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default defensive tackle


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm starting to feel like will never fill this need with a young talent, just keep bringing in two to three year players to fill the gap, i think gregg did a good job filling the gap but i just never trust defensive tackles since we took the best pick in the draft... ryan sims..... I DON'T TRUST D TACKLS... damn you ryan sims

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    He spent a lot of time off the field, but I'm still interested to see what Powe can do. I'm not saying we shouldn't go for someone great at the position, but if Powe is actually good and could add depth, that would be pure bonus.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I want Paul Soliai from Miami.
    Bingo! Signing Soliai as a free agent would give us alot of flexibility going into the draft.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think replacing Barry Richardson at RT should be the first priority!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Maybe Richardson could play DT?? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Or WATERBOY!
    I go with the first comment by Canada.
    According to the Pro Football Focus 2012 NFL Free Agent Tracker, Richardson is the worst-ranked player—not tackle, but worst-ranked player—on the market. And it's not even close.


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I go with the first comment by Canada.
    According to the Pro Football Focus 2012 NFL Free Agent Tracker, Richardson is the worst-ranked player—not tackle, but worst-ranked player—on the market. And it's not even close.
    Trade down in the first round a couple of picks and get an additional third (maybe to pick 15) and draft Mike Adams from Ohio State. He has the physical skill set and potential to get a look at left tackle, but could likely start from Day 1 at right tackle for us. Also, we need to consider the fact that at this moment we have no starting right tackle on the roster and little to no depth at tackle.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Trade down in the first round a couple of picks and get an additional third (maybe to pick 15) and draft Mike Adams from Ohio State. He has the physical skill set and potential to get a look at left tackle, but could likely start from Day 1 at right tackle for us. Also, we need to consider the fact that at this moment we have no starting right tackle on the roster and little to no depth at tackle.
    I have a question and will try to find the answer later if someone doesn't know. But Mike Adams has come from nowhere. Does anyone know where he was projected before the Senior Bowl? I ask because from things I've read he's reaping the benefit of a good Senior Bowl. I'd be more apt to taking Martin or Reiff with our 1st pick than someone that's vaulted up the board because of one good game...if that's the case.

    I just looked on WalterFootball.com (not the end all be all I know) but they have him as the 39th best player in the draft. Why on Earth would we want to draft him with our 1st pick if more than likely he'll be there in the 2nd? Again that's not the end all be all and his draft stock could move.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 02-01-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I have a question and will try to find the answer later if someone doesn't know. But Mike Adams has come from nowhere. Does anyone know where he was projected before the Senior Bowl? I ask because from things I've read he's reaping the benefit of a good Senior Bowl. I'd be more apt to taking Martin or Reiff with our 1st pick than someone that's vaulted up the board because of one good game...if that's the case.

    I just looked on WalterFootball.com (not the end all be all I know) but they have him as the 39th best player in the draft. Why on Earth would we want to draft him with our 1st pick if more than likely he'll be there in the 2nd? Again that's not the end all be all and his draft stock could move.
    Off field issues have hurt him, but his play is pulling him back into the 1st round. He has always been considered to have 1st round talent, but he was suspended for the first 4 games this season because of the Ohio State drama that he was involved in. He was thought to be a steal in the 2nd round if he doesnt get into any trouble in the pros.

    Everyone thought he had the talent to be a 1st rounder, but after the senior bowl, some people say he is maybe equal in skill set and ability to Reiff and Martin.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I have a question and will try to find the answer later if someone doesn't know. But Mike Adams has come from nowhere. Does anyone know where he was projected before the Senior Bowl? I ask because from things I've read he's reaping the benefit of a good Senior Bowl. I'd be more apt to taking Martin or Reiff with our 1st pick than someone that's vaulted up the board because of one good game...if that's the case.

    I just looked on WalterFootball.com (not the end all be all I know) but they have him as the 39th best player in the draft. Why on Earth would we want to draft him with our 1st pick if more than likely he'll be there in the 2nd? Again that's not the end all be all and his draft stock could move.
    I have liked Adams for quite some time. I like him better than Martin and to be honest with you I think most people have forgotten about him with all of the talk being centered around Kalil, Reiff and Martin but in reality he has a ton of potential as I mentioned before and while most talk about Adams is about the left side (and I think he has the ability to project well there), I really like him as a right tackle that has the size you look for and the footwork to possibly make a move to the left depending on what happens to Albert down the road. His senior bowl performance is just bringing his talent and potential to the forefront now.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    I have liked Adams for quite some time. I like him better than Martin and to be honest with you I think most people have forgotten about him with all of the talk being centered around Kalil, Reiff and Martin but in reality he has a ton of potential as I mentioned before and while most talk about Adams is about the left side (and I think he has the ability to project well there), I really like him as a right tackle that has the size you look for and the footwork to possibly make a move to the left depending on what happens to Albert down the road. His senior bowl performance is just bringing his talent and potential to the forefront now.
    I also think he projects better right away on the right side. On the right side you are always looking for someone who is a better run blocker. I think he has that mean streak and better strength than Reiff and Martin, which you look for in a run blocker.

    I wouldnt hate it if we were to pick him up after sliding down a few spots. Put him at RT and we have a pair of beastly bookends.

    Dream scenario: Both Decastro and Adams slip down the draft board a little bit to the mid 20s. We trade down from 12 to about 20 for a 3rd round pick and grab Decastro. Then we trade our 2nd and the new 3rd round pick to move up to the mid to late 20s and get Adams too.

    None of that is likely to happen, but a man can wish right?

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    844
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 14

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I also think he projects better right away on the right side. On the right side you are always looking for someone who is a better run blocker. I think he has that mean streak and better strength than Reiff and Martin, which you look for in a run blocker.

    I wouldnt hate it if we were to pick him up after sliding down a few spots. Put him at RT and we have a pair of beastly bookends.

    Dream scenario: Both Decastro and Adams slip down the draft board a little bit to the mid 20s. We trade down from 12 to about 20 for a 3rd round pick and grab Decastro. Then we trade our 2nd and the new 3rd round pick to move up to the mid to late 20s and get Adams too.

    None of that is likely to happen, but a man can wish right?

    Now that would be sweet! But I'll have to agree, its not likely to happen.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I also think he projects better right away on the right side. On the right side you are always looking for someone who is a better run blocker. I think he has that mean streak and better strength than Reiff and Martin, which you look for in a run blocker.

    I wouldnt hate it if we were to pick him up after sliding down a few spots. Put him at RT and we have a pair of beastly bookends.

    Dream scenario: Both Decastro and Adams slip down the draft board a little bit to the mid 20s. We trade down from 12 to about 20 for a 3rd round pick and grab Decastro. Then we trade our 2nd and the new 3rd round pick to move up to the mid to late 20s and get Adams too.

    None of that is likely to happen, but a man can wish right?
    If you could just go ahead and email that to Pioli that'd be greeeeaaat. Had to put in the Office Space reference. In all seriousness though...yes please! I've wanted Decastro as much as a kid wants sugar. To trade back up into the first and get another first round talent and lock down our line for almost a decade to come. That and we'd still have just as many picks as before.

    To be honest I never knew much about Adams which was why I was asking. If the talent is there and it wasn't just hype because a player had a good Senior Bowl then I'm all for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. KC Star : Chiefs buzz: Defensive tackle gets promotion
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 08:11 PM
  2. defensive tackle
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 01:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •