Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dwayne Bowe...your thoughts?

Default Dwayne Bowe...your thoughts?

Watch every game in 2012 with the NFL Sunday Ticket on DIRECT TV.

Occasionally I interact with Dwayne Bowe both on Facebook and at the NFLPLA'a sponsored SOTL's website.

Recently while doing so the question was raised as to whether or not he would be a KC Chief next season. Bowe diplomatically answered the question, as I knew he would, hahaha. He said the following:

"I love KC and hope to remain a Chief BUT I understand it's a business also so we'll see what happens and leave the business side of things to my agent and the team."

These are some other comments below Dwayne made I noted of interest leaning positive he will be a Chief next season, but I also know it's a day to day negotiation process of which could change any day. :/

Dwayne Bowe randomly conversing positive comments made:

"I think the Chiefs have a great team spark that will continue to help us grow n get better."

"Coach Crennel is a stand up dude, got nothing but love for him."

"Crennel is a great dude. The Chiefs are gonna go hard next season."

"Being a Chief motivates all of us...we want to succeed and get better and go further."

"As a team we worked hard this season, overcame a lot and pushed hard each week. We are excited for this coming season and can't wait to get back out there."

These are his favorite places to be, he said:

"Besides Arrowhead, my home."
    Last edited by Coach; 02-16-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added weblink.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    good to see ya back CJ, haven't heard alot from you over thae last month or so. gotta keep them both , just sign 'em we got cap room.
    Thanks chiefnut! Life's been overwhelming the last couple of months, as seems to occur from time to time. I've had friends needing my emotional support with tragedy, loss of life, break ups, all sorts of problems. As well, my daughter's pregnancy had complications develop. My newest grandson, Levi...will be born tomorrow morning by C-Section...we're excited, but nervous also...praying all goes well of course. :)

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    If you look at the offensive production from the last 3 games, they were better than they had been all year. But look at the last game, where Bowe got hurt. Seems like they couldn't complete many passes after that.

I think it shows how much KC needs Bowe.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that given the fact that we have seen Charles and Hali brought back that Bowe and Carr will both be back. I and would like to see Bowe back even though he at times makes me want to bang my head against the wall with some drops.
    LOL yep, even though I love him and he's my fav #1 player, even I can't excuse some of his boo boo's on occasion, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Cant wait to see that news article that says "Dwayne Bowe signs 6-year deal with Chiefs"
    ME TOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I just thought of a possibility that really hasn't been discussed yet, regarding Bowe.

What if his agent is seeking considerably more money than he is worth and Pioli knows it? This would be understandable since the agent's job is to get the best possible deal for his client.

Is it possible that Piloi will wait for Bowe to hit the free agent market and then offer him a deal that is in the ball park of the highest offer, to keep him here? He would run the risk of losing Bowe if a team is willing to over pay him, but if he feels that his agent is asking for way too much money, this may be the only way to convince him.

If it turns out that other teams are willing to pay what Bowe's agent is asking the Chiefs for, Pioli may feel that, given the Chiefs' strong commitment to the running game, it makes more sense to let him go and bring in a FA at a significantly lower cost, allowing the Chiefs to spend more money on other areas of need. It would be a 'win' for the Bowe and a 'win' for the Chiefs at the same time.

I really don't want to lose Bowe and I know we have plenty of cap space, but that doesn't mean you should overpay anybody.

Just a thought.
    Yes, I agree, and this possibility has been discussed among some at Facebook on occasion. Honestly, my instincts tell me this is exactly what is occurring right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I have spent a lot of time debating this with local, fellow Chiefs fans and none can come up with a reason as not to sign him, unless its done in a way to land us RG3. I'm not sure thats even possible, even with throwing in our first in 2013, which I think will be between 24 and 30th overall pick. I would support giving Bowe for a quality QB pick/trade. I like Bowe alot and I realize that he has not played to his full potential, probably due to many different OC'S and Haley, but the real truth is without his drop in the end zone we would have won 1 more game and made the playoffs. I also realize he helped us win on the wins that we had. I expect Bowe to be franchised, this should give us at lease a first and probably a 3rd 4th or fifth depending on the spot of the first. With this pick we should have lots of options, either on QB, RT, C/G and even RB(Trent Richardson) if we do franchise him we loose our best WR, but we will still be able to win games if we improve our run game with another stud RB and adding a good RT and Guard. We could complete the Wr and OL via the rest of the draft and or FA.

Now to Carr.

I think its crucial that we sign Carr, we just spent a lot of money signing Flowers and Berry and to get the most out of our money Carr is the completing piece. These 3 probowlers complement each other and with 1 missing it strains the rest of the secondary. Also not to mention lets look at the LBers we have. Houstin, hali, and DJ all are recently signed drawing big paychecks and they are proving they can take care of their jobs with gives us more option to blitz whenever and wherever we need/want.

In a business stand point Carr is more valuable to us.

JMHO, I welcome any and all comments, I know this does not fit well with all, but thats ok, I enjoy reading opinions.
    I know many Chiefs fans are in favor of sacrificing whatever it takes to draft RG3...but I'm not in agreement for many reasons. One of them is RG3 isn't a proven QB in the NFL, NCAA's a different ballgame as we all know. Also, if Pioli and coaches believe Stanzi has what it takes to be our future franchise QB...they're not gonna draft RG3. As fans, we don't have a clue what Stanzi is capable of or not, as we've not seen him play in the NFL yet.

I'm not against drafting RG3...but not at any cost, including sacrificing our proven Pro Bowl players...we need them too. It takes a solid team of talent & ability to win, one man can't do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    The problem with this way of thinking is even if Balwin does progress and look really really good, we still need another WR. We should be able to pick one up via FA, if they spent the money.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I think we neer carr more than bowe. We sign bowe and our d-backfield is set for along time.We will either sign carr,tag bowe or sign bowe tag carr.
    Bowe is a show boat and will go were the most money and biggest crowds are.
    Well, Bowes made some amazing acrobatic catches that make the NFL's play or catch of the week list...he has reason to be a 'showboat' as such, hahaha. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I do not think we will be seeing Bowe here next season.

I think that Pioli will be more than happy to go with the guy he drafted, and not pay out the nose for Bowe.

I think Bowe should come at a fair price, considering he is coming off of a good, but not stellar, season.

But I have always thought that Pioli took Baldwin for this exact situation.
    I wondered at the time as well, if Pioli drafted Baldwin with intentions of his replacing Bowe as a #1 WR on the Chiefs. I still think we need them both, in addition to Breaston. :/

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Bowe has gotten better, we need to sign them both. Put a performance award on his contract if he does well.
    Yep, that's more or less what I was thinking when I said surely the two sides can come to terms of which are fair on both sides, addressing both sides concerns. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I'm sure Bowe is asking for Top receiver money. Not sure if he'll get it. If not we definitley need a true No. 1 Receiver. Bowe has the potential to be one but don't think he deserves Fitzgerald money right now. I hope he knows it too.

Show me the money!

As frustrated as I have been in the past with his seemingly inconsistent play, I'd like to see us retain him.

My thoughts are that the rest of the owners around the league know what Bowe is and what he has done. He is not going to get top receiver money because he is not a top receiver. That is not meant to say that I believe his demand is low, I have no doubt a lot of teams would like to have him, I just don't know how many are going to give even Brandon Marshall type of money for him.

Face it, the 10th highest paid receiver in the league is Anquan Bolden at $6 million per year. Bowe got 2,765,000 in 2011. Let's also not forget that he has already had a 5 game suspension for using controlled substances. These are factors that will affect his value.

I would expect him to be in the neighborhood of around 5 million per year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I am guessing, should he hit the open market, that he will become the highest paid WR in the history of The NFL.

Not that he is the greatest WR ever, or even currently. But that he will be the best available FA, and salaries rise by the year.

I think he is definitely a #1 WR. And a very, very good one. And, if he were the primary target on a pass-first offense, then his statistics would be ridiculous.

If we fail to keep him off the open market, I see no way we lure him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I would expect him to be in the neighborhood of around 5 million per year.
    I would bet someone will be willing to pay him closer to 6.5 million per year. WRs are in high demand and tend to be more overpaid than just about any other position. FA contracts also go up every year. Just 3 years ago, the 10th highest WR base salary was for Reggie Wayne at 3.5 million per year. If Bowe sign for 5 million that probably wont even be in the top 20 by the end of his new contract.

I'm not saying he is worth it, but he'll probably get it.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I would bet someone will be willing to pay him closer to 6.5 million per year. WRs are in high demand and tend to be more overpaid than just about any other position. FA contracts also go up every year. Just 3 years ago, the 10th highest WR base salary was for Reggie Wayne at 3.5 million per year. If Bowe sign for 5 million that probably wont even be in the top 20 by the end of his new contract.

I'm not saying he is worth it, but he'll probably get it.
    Well, what I see here is that if he does get that amount or more, then it makes sense for the Chiefs to let him go. He is not worth that amount, especially when we really do not have anyone decent to throw to him.

I draw the same analogy to the Cardinals letting Pujols go. Pujols is by far the best baseball player in current years, and could be considered one of the best of all time, but it did not make sense for the Cardinals to give him 250 million dollars. The same goes for a guy that is not that great of a player, but who wants top player money.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

what bowe we talking about? the bowe of now or bowe "the show"?? the bowe of now is worth boldin type money, we have it sign him to a five year deal hes worth that, look who was throwing him the ball down the stretch, palko couldn't hit fat albert with his arm, then orton came in and bowe was a big reason why we won the game in denver, then he got hurt and we were able to hang on to the win via defense. Pay the man!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123