Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe...your thoughts?

Default Dwayne Bowe...your thoughts?

Watch every game in 2012 with the NFL Sunday Ticket on DIRECT TV.

Occasionally I interact with Dwayne Bowe both on Facebook and at the NFLPLA'a sponsored SOTL's website.

Recently while doing so the question was raised as to whether or not he would be a KC Chief next season. Bowe diplomatically answered the question, as I knew he would, hahaha. He said the following:

"I love KC and hope to remain a Chief BUT I understand it's a business also so we'll see what happens and leave the business side of things to my agent and the team."

These are some other comments below Dwayne made I noted of interest leaning positive he will be a Chief next season, but I also know it's a day to day negotiation process of which could change any day. :/

Dwayne Bowe randomly conversing positive comments made:

"I think the Chiefs have a great team spark that will continue to help us grow n get better."

"Coach Crennel is a stand up dude, got nothing but love for him."

"Crennel is a great dude. The Chiefs are gonna go hard next season."

"Being a Chief motivates all of us...we want to succeed and get better and go further."

"As a team we worked hard this season, overcame a lot and pushed hard each week. We are excited for this coming season and can't wait to get back out there."

These are his favorite places to be, he said:

"Besides Arrowhead, my home."
    Last edited by Coach; 02-16-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added weblink.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Cant wait to see that news article that says "Dwayne Bowe signs 6-year deal with Chiefs"

I just thought of a possibility that really hasn't been discussed yet, regarding Bowe.

What if his agent is seeking considerably more money than he is worth and Pioli knows it? This would be understandable since the agent's job is to get the best possible deal for his client.

Is it possible that Piloi will wait for Bowe to hit the free agent market and then offer him a deal that is in the ball park of the highest offer, to keep him here? He would run the risk of losing Bowe if a team is willing to over pay him, but if he feels that his agent is asking for way too much money, this may be the only way to convince him.

If it turns out that other teams are willing to pay what Bowe's agent is asking the Chiefs for, Pioli may feel that, given the Chiefs' strong commitment to the running game, it makes more sense to let him go and bring in a FA at a significantly lower cost, allowing the Chiefs to spend more money on other areas of need. It would be a 'win' for the Bowe and a 'win' for the Chiefs at the same time.

I really don't want to lose Bowe and I know we have plenty of cap space, but that doesn't mean you should overpay anybody.

Just a thought.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I have spent a lot of time debating this with local, fellow Chiefs fans and none can come up with a reason as not to sign him, unless its done in a way to land us RG3. I'm not sure thats even possible, even with throwing in our first in 2013, which I think will be between 24 and 30th overall pick. I would support giving Bowe for a quality QB pick/trade. I like Bowe alot and I realize that he has not played to his full potential, probably due to many different OC'S and Haley, but the real truth is without his drop in the end zone we would have won 1 more game and made the playoffs. I also realize he helped us win on the wins that we had. I expect Bowe to be franchised, this should give us at lease a first and probably a 3rd 4th or fifth depending on the spot of the first. With this pick we should have lots of options, either on QB, RT, C/G and even RB(Trent Richardson) if we do franchise him we loose our best WR, but we will still be able to win games if we improve our run game with another stud RB and adding a good RT and Guard. We could complete the Wr and OL via the rest of the draft and or FA.

Now to Carr.

I think its crucial that we sign Carr, we just spent a lot of money signing Flowers and Berry and to get the most out of our money Carr is the completing piece. These 3 probowlers complement each other and with 1 missing it strains the rest of the secondary. Also not to mention lets look at the LBers we have. Houstin, hali, and DJ all are recently signed drawing big paychecks and they are proving they can take care of their jobs with gives us more option to blitz whenever and wherever we need/want.

In a business stand point Carr is more valuable to us.

JMHO, I welcome any and all comments, I know this does not fit well with all, but thats ok, I enjoy reading opinions.

I honestly believe that Bowe's contract will depend on Baldwin. That is why I am so sure he gets the franchise tag. The team can rent him for the offseason and see how Baldwin is developing. If Baldwin looks like he is going to take that step forward they keep the tag on Bowe and his contract just became cheaper as the Chiefs no longer look so desperate for him. If Baldwin still looks shaky then Bowe has more ammo. This is a risky gamble by the Chiefs, but we have seen them do this before.

Obviously they dont want to overpay someone but in all honesty we NEED Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwigbob View Post
    I honestly believe that Bowe's contract will depend on Baldwin. That is why I am so sure he gets the franchise tag. The team can rent him for the offseason and see how Baldwin is developing. If Baldwin looks like he is going to take that step forward they keep the tag on Bowe and his contract just became cheaper as the Chiefs no longer look so desperate for him. If Baldwin still looks shaky then Bowe has more ammo. This is a risky gamble by the Chiefs, but we have seen them do this before.
    The problem with this way of thinking is even if Balwin does progress and look really really good, we still need another WR. We should be able to pick one up via FA, if they spent the money.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    The problem with this way of thinking is even if Balwin does progress and look really really good, we still need another WR. We should be able to pick one up via FA, if they spent the money.
    Breaston as the #2 and either a young slot or a FA slot.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

I think we neer carr more than bowe. We sign bowe and our d-backfield is set for along time.We will either sign carr,tag bowe or sign bowe tag carr.
    Bowe is a show boat and will go were the most money and biggest crowds are.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I do not think we will be seeing Bowe here next season.

I think that Pioli will be more than happy to go with the guy he drafted, and not pay out the nose for Bowe.

I think Bowe should come at a fair price, considering he is coming off of a good, but not stellar, season.

But I have always thought that Pioli took Baldwin for this exact situation.

Bowe has gotten better, we need to sign them both. Put a performance award on his contract if he does well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast