Thread: Now we need a Wide receivers coach and assistant OL coach.

Default Now we need a Wide receivers coach and assistant OL coach.

Romeo Crennel has just made his first coaching staff moves as the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The team announced it has hired Tom McMahon to be the special teams coach. He spent the past three years as the special teams coach in St. Louis. Kansas City did not retain special teams coach Steve Hoffman. The Chiefs also announced wide receivers coach Richie Anderson and assistant offensive line coach Pat Perles were not retained.

The Rams were considered to have one of the better special teams in recent years.

"I am pleased to add Tom to our staff," Crennel said in a statement released by the team. “He is a diligent worker and passionate coach. It is a great addition for us."

The team’s biggest remaining hire to make is an offensive coordinator.

So it looks like a coaching staff clean-out by Crennel.

Since there is such distaste for the current staff, it makes me wonder if RC was putting some pressure on from the inside to get the HC job.....Since he and Pioli have ties and all.

Just sayin!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    So it looks like a coaching staff clean-out by Crennel.

Since there is such distaste for the current staff, it makes me wonder if RC was putting some pressure on from the inside to get the HC job.....Since he and Pioli have ties and all.

Just sayin!!
    I think RC is doing what needs to be done. Our special teams were atrocious so I think adding someone that's had their special teams at a high level is beneficial. As for WR and OL coach...I thank him for doing so. Haley was probably meddling in that and had himself a yes man so he could play with the WR's. The OL coach...I think we can both agree our OL wasn't exactly the best.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I think RC is doing what needs to be done. Our special teams were atrocious so I think adding someone that's had their special teams at a high level is beneficial. As for WR and OL coach...I thank him for doing so. Haley was probably meddling in that and had himself a yes man so he could play with the WR's. The OL coach...I think we can both agree our OL wasn't exactly the best.

I will certainly have to agree with this. Its best this way. New coach, new offensive coaches.

I also like the special teams coach signing Tom McMahon, he has done a good job for the Rams.

I'm hoping though not much changes on the Defense. The D. has been doing so well, it would be easier to mess it up then to improve it.

New head coach, new head coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    [/B]

I will certainly have to agree with this. Its best this way. New coach, new offensive coaches.

I also like the special teams coach signing Tom McMahon, he has done a good job for the Rams.

I'm hoping though not much changes on the Defense. The D. has been doing so well, it would be easier to mess it up then to improve it.
    Crennel has said his defense is a good fit and is happy with his staff, so I don't see any change's on the defensive side.