Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw this on the news. Useful info for people who like to drink

Default Saw this on the news. Useful info for people who like to drink

Looks like a few shawnee kansas kids got busted for MIP. Did a small write up on it including Punishments for MIP in Kansas.

Could be some useful info to know if you are ever around some kids and drinking at a Chief's Tailgate.

KC Ticket Guy's Blog: MIP charges in Shawnee Kansas will cause problems for underage housepartying kids

I dont drink so Im alright!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Well, truthfully...although it's the individual parents choice with their kids...I can't condone underage drinking. They need to crack down on it as far as I'm concerned. Underage drinking has become a serious problem...kids are being seriously injured and dying as a result of drunkeness. From violent fighting to vehicle wrecks. :(

I'm sure my kids tried it when out with their friends, but they didn't do it at our home, nor was I ever aware of it...I'd be kicking some butt if I caught them drinking underage, and they knew it. I'm not aware of any parents who let their kids drink willingly that my kids were friends with either.

I was fortunate, in that I never had an issue with my kids drinking & partying much in their teens. My daughter still doesn't drink at all, never had a desire to, she doesn't like it. My son, on the other hand...well, he loves his beer & then some. I'm grateful he's not one to drink & drive...does his beer drinking at home for the most part, and when he goes out on occasion with his wife, she won't drink so she's the designated driver. My son lost a couple good friends because of drunk driving, so has his wife, so they're good about not doing so. I hope it stays that way. :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, truthfully...although it's the individual parents choice with their kids...I can't condone underage drinking. They need to crack down on it as far as I'm concerned. Underage drinking has become a serious problem...kids are being seriously injured and dying as a result of drunkeness. From violent fighting to vehicle wrecks. :(

I'm sure my kids tried it when out with their friends, but they didn't do it at our home, nor was I ever aware of it...I'd be kicking some butt if I caught them drinking underage, and they knew it. I'm not aware of any parents who let their kids drink willingly that my kids were friends with either.

I was fortunate, in that I never had an issue with my kids drinking & partying much in their teens. My daughter still doesn't drink at all, never had a desire to, she doesn't like it. My son, on the other hand...well, he loves his beer & then some. I'm grateful he's not one to drink & drive...does his beer drinking at home for the most part, and when he goes out on occasion with his wife, she won't drink so she's the designated driver. My son lost a couple good friends because of drunk driving, so has his wife, so they're good about not doing so. I hope it stays that way. :/
    Its not an age thing its a maturity issue. the legal drinking age here is 19, 21 in the US. Is a 20 year old able to handle it??

As far as the fighting, DUIs and injuries...thats everyone,not just underagers. I think more adults drive drunk than younger people
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Damn

I don't drink either, not since I learned about the funnel!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Its not an age thing its a maturity issue. the legal drinking age here is 19, 21 in the US. Is a 20 year old able to handle it??

As far as the fighting, DUIs and injuries...thats everyone,not just underagers. I think more adults drive drunk than younger people
    I agree it's a maturity issue, but most around the rural area I raised my kids in begin partying & drinking on the average of 14-15 yrs. old, through high school...16,17, 18. I don't know what it's like in Canada, but it's an issue around here with high school age kids, and binge drinking too, etc..

The small rural high school my son attended...average two students per school year lose life to drunk driving. :(

I've no doubt many adults drive drunk, nor do I doubt more adults drive drunk than kids, but it was younger adults that Kelly & I witnessed cause problems MNF Halloween night this year. I didn't witness adult women trash the bathrooms, nor puking, but I sure did many young adult women...I'd say ages ranged from 16-25. That was the age range I saw the fights break out among also. I've never seen it so bad at Arrowhead. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

what does MIP stand for?
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

minor in possession

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast