Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Saunders?

Default Al Saunders?

With Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen apparently cleaning house when it comes to the coaching staff (Greg Knapp being brought on as offensive coordinator replacing Al Saunders). What do you think about bringing Al Saunders back as OC? I know that this is a long shot considering as far as I know he doesn't haConve any previous connections with the Patriots (which seems to be a Pioli prerequisite) and Pioli probably isn't interested in bringing back a former Chief (as he has slowly removed the pre-Pioli veterans and front office personnel). Considering the fact that other teams have made our front office look like bunch of sloths while they quickly fill coaching vacancies and considering the lack of quality candidates out there, Pioli should swallos his pride and give Saunders a call.

That is Romeo's decision, not Pioli's. The head coach picks his staff. I would love for Al to come back, however I think it will be Zorn. Another team asked to interview him and we said no, so he is getting retained at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    That is Romeo's decision, not Pioli's. The head coach picks his staff. I would love for Al to come back, however I think it will be Zorn. Another team asked to interview him and we said no, so he is getting retained at the very least.
    Your reply would've been my response as well.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Cool OC position

I think Zorn will be kept on the staff as QBs coach. There is no reason he would not already have been named the OC if that was the way Romeo was leaning. It's not uncommon for teams to disallow employees to interview with other teams for a lateral move.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Saunders offense with chiefs was great. Attack,attack and more attack,one never could guess what play he was going to run.
    That being said the problem now versis then was queen carl went out and spent money on players for the oline to beef it into the best. Pioli and Hunt wont spend money.They had a great line,great RB,average QB,below average WRs and still made it work.
    But i`d rather have suanders then that guy from the fins.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

till we beef up our line,find even a average QB, then we can have us an offense
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    till we beef up our line,find even a average QB, then we can have us an offense
    With a proven G, plus a top draftee RT, we could be set at O-Line. An offense that can use our weapons, plus this D, I think we can be contenders. I still hope to find a QOTF next year.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    I don't think it is his "sole" decision.

I have interviewed for jobs where the hiring manager and his manager were involved, while I have also done the hiring and my boss participated.
    Last edited by dbolan; 02-01-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I don't think it is his "sole" decision.

I have interviewed for jobs where the hiring manager and his manager were involved, while I have also done the hiring and my boss participated.
    Were any of those interviews with an NFL team for a coaching position?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Saunders offense with chiefs was great. Attack,attack and more attack,one never could guess what play he was going to run.
    That being said the problem now versis then was queen carl went out and spent money on players for the oline to beef it into the best. Pioli and Hunt wont spend money.They had a great line,great RB,average QB,below average WRs and still made it work.
    But i`d rather have suanders then that guy from the fins.
    Unless you are a fortune teller I don't see how you can say how much or how little Pioli will spend this year. He has admitted to his short comings so we could see a more aggressive FA this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast