Thread: Bill Muir tells Chiefs he’s retiring

Default Bill Muir tells Chiefs he’s retiring

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Bill Muir, the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs last season, told the team this morning that he is retiring.

The Chiefs are looking for a new offensive coordinator but had asked Muir to return as their offensive line coach. Muir has served as offensive line coach since joining the Chiefs in 2009.
    “I feel badly because they want me to stay,” said Muir, 69. “I’m not leaving because of anything that has gone on or is going on or will go on with the Chiefs. This is a personal decision. It’s very personal. I’ve been denying myself a lot of things over the years but I’m at a point in my life where I want to do some other things.”
    Quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn has interviewed for the vacant coordinator’s position. The Chiefs this week announced the hiring of Tom McMahon, formerly of the Rams, as the new special teams coach. They also said three coaches from last year’s staff will not return: Richie Anderson (receivers), Pat Perles (assistant offensive line) and Steve Hoffman (special teams).

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

All these coaching changes. I hope it doesn't backfire.

At 69 I think he is entitled to give up the stress and hard work. I wish him a long and happy retirement.

Lots of changes coming in management. Hope the team can adjust quickly. We should OWN the West this year if all these changes don't mess up what we had to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    At 69 I think he is entitled to give up the stress and hard work. I wish him a long and happy retirement.

Lots of changes coming in management. Hope the team can adjust quickly. We should OWN the West this year if all these changes don't mess up what we had to build on.
    Romeo Crennel as HC and DC and Al Saunders as OC, things will be looking up this season

I'm a bit confused about all the press announcing Muir's retirement. He's been saying for awhile he'd retire at the end of the 2011 season. I guess it's big news because it's 'official'???? :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I guess it's breaking news, I just can't bring myself to surprised about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm a bit confused about all the press announcing Muir's retirement. He's been saying for awhile he'd retire at the end of the 2011 season. I guess it's big news because it's 'official'???? :/
    I think the reason it is getting so much attention is because about a week ago he had said he wasn't going to retire. It was at the senior bowl or something like that.