Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UGH!! Another Bowe rumor, but sadly a somewhat credible one. :(

Default UGH!! Another Bowe rumor, but sadly a somewhat credible one. :(

I've been hearing this rumor for a couple weeks now...but the latest sources are out of San Fran. :(

"Sources say that the Niners are interested in soon to be free agent Dwayne Bowe!"

Those sources claim to have witnessed Bowe in San Fran dining & chatting with members of the 49'ers staff. One of Bowe's favorite NFL legends he loved watching when growing up was Jerry Rice. I would imagine Dwayne would love the opportunity to play for the same team Rice did, and be in the same city as Rice. Possibly he'd like Rice to even coach him some on his down time. :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Carr has had this one really good season, while Bowe has shown that he is a real #1 WR for several years.

If you are going to load up on one, or the other, I think you load up on the guy who has shown that he is a very good player every year, as opposed to the guy who has done pretty good, but just had a really big year.

Not to mention, if you franchise Bowe, and he has a really big year, his cost goes through the roof.

Whereas, Carr is probably already at the ceiling. It would take a real rare feat for a #2 CB to have a better season than Carr did in 2011.

His pricetag will not likely go any higher than it is right now. And he has yet to prove that he is a top talent, over the course of several seasons.

Also, Bowe would be more likely to get upset about being franchised, than Carr.

Carr has had lower expectations than Bowe. Carr is more likely to be rather content with a top-ten contract for a year, than Bowe, who has already been putting up the numbers to warrant that salary, for several years.

I think Bowe would expect to get the long-term deal, and Carr, knowing he is still a #2 CB here, would have lower expectations.

I tag Carr, and likely have better negotiating leverege for him next year. And I sign Bowe to the long-term deal.

I think Bowe gets more hype and because of it he gets the bigger contract. It appears our offense will get a facelift this year, but if we don't get a real pass minded qb I don't think Bowe would be the one signed if we only sign one of them. I think it was you that mentioned somewhere that Bowe would be the highest paid WR by the beginning of next season. I tend to agree. Who ever signs Bowe will severely overpay for his services.

If we remain a "run first" offense, we will win a lot of games without Bowe, if we spent his money on OL and RB's.

I would like to see both of them signed, but I think Bowe is overated and overvalued. While Carr is far underated and will probably get underpaid. I think Carr is our #1 CB and without him our defense will not be the same. Carr has improved every year and I don't think we have seen the best of him.

The term "staff" is open to interpretation I guess. If it were a player he was meeting with, it would not be considered tampering.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I've been hearing this rumor for a couple weeks now...but the latest sources are out of San Fran. :(

"Sources say that the Niners are interested in soon to be free agent Dwayne Bowe!"

Those sources claim to have witnessed Bowe in San Fran dining & chatting with members of the 49'ers staff. One of Bowe's favorite NFL legends he loved watching when growing up was Jerry Rice. I would imagine Dwayne would love the opportunity to play for the same team Rice did, and be in the same city as Rice. Possibly he'd like Rice to even coach him some on his down time. :/

So much fail here it is called tampering

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I don't think Carr's value and play has hit the ceiling. He will get better and better.

I do agree tht Carr would accept the franchise better then Bowe would.

I think both players will have good years and whichever is franchised will be worth more next year.
    Well, so long as he is second, behind Flowers, he is at the ceiling.

You just aren't going to have a better year at that position, than what Carr had in 2011.

The likelihood of playing another full season with so few mistakes is very low in my opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234