Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Peyton Manning cleared by doctors

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Neosho, Mo.
    Posts
    310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default Peyton Manning cleared by doctors


    0 Not allowed!
    its official hes cleared to resume nfl career. I know that dosen't mean alot to us right now, but i've been the self apointed driver of the koolaid drinking Manning Bus and I'm now boarding anyone who wants on lol. People are probualy tired of hearing me shouting at the top of the mountain to bring him here but sorry I just can't help it lol

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,327
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    its official hes cleared to resume nfl career. I know that dosen't mean alot to us right now, but i've been the self apointed driver of the koolaid drinking Manning Bus and I'm now boarding anyone who wants on lol. People are probualy tired of hearing me shouting at the top of the mountain to bring him here but sorry I just can't help it lol
    Link

    That just means that his playing again is no longer a safety issue. It is still a performance issue, however.

    He can't throw the ball---at least not with any decent velocity, yet. The article says he is making progress, but he still has a LONG way to go to be able to throw at an NFL level.

    IF the Colts release him, any team that wants him will not have the luxury of waiting until he is 100%. They will have to sign him and hope that he recovers fully. That is a HUGE gamble.

    I don't think the Chiefs need a Peyton Manning to compete for a Superbowl. We just need a decent QB and a better O-line. If it were me, I would not take that kind of a risk on a QB who may never fully recover. We are talking about nerve regeneration here.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Link

    That just means that his playing again is no longer a safety issue. It is still a performance issue, however.

    He can't throw the ball---at least not with any decent velocity, yet. The article says he is making progress, but he still has a LONG way to go to be able to throw at an NFL level.

    IF the Colts release him, any team that wants him will not have the luxury of waiting until he is 100%. They will have to sign him and hope that he recovers fully. That is a HUGE gamble.

    I don't think the Chiefs need a Peyton Manning to compete for a Superbowl. We just need a decent QB and a better O-line. If it were me, I would not take that kind of a risk on a QB who may never fully recover. We are talking about nerve regeneration here.
    I would tend to agree with you. Let other teams take the risk....let's spend the money on re-signing Bowe and Carr....and go after Paul Soliai to shore up the interior of the defensive line....and if Chris Myers hits the market....go after him as well. But then again, I would do all of that and cut Cassel and bring Orton back, so what do I know??!!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Link

    That just means that his playing again is no longer a safety issue. It is still a performance issue, however.

    He can't throw the ball---at least not with any decent velocity, yet. The article says he is making progress, but he still has a LONG way to go to be able to throw at an NFL level.

    IF the Colts release him, any team that wants him will not have the luxury of waiting until he is 100%. They will have to sign him and hope that he recovers fully. That is a HUGE gamble.

    I don't think the Chiefs need a Peyton Manning to compete for a Superbowl. We just need a decent QB and a better O-line. If it were me, I would not take that kind of a risk on a QB who may never fully recover. We are talking about nerve regeneration here.
    That's what I've been saying for the last couple of weeks, the risk is just too high.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,327
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    I would tend to agree with you. Let other teams take the risk....let's spend the money on re-signing Bowe and Carr....and go after Paul Soliai to shore up the interior of the defensive line....and if Chris Myers hits the market....go after him as well. But then again, I would do all of that and cut Cassel and bring Orton back, so what do I know??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    That's what I've been saying for the last couple of weeks, the risk is just too high.
    Did I ever tell you two guys how smart you are?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Similar Threads

  1. Peyton Manning
    By kenny1937 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 12:12 AM
  2. Chiefs should trade for peyton manning
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 05:46 PM
  3. Peyton Manning Madman Video
    By Connie Jo in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
  4. This is sooooo Peyton Manning
    By Guru in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 01:58 AM
  5. Trent Green cleared by doctors...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 09:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •