Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some fantasy Chiefs uniforms for Madden

Default Some fantasy Chiefs uniforms for Madden

Yeah, I know the traditionalists will hate these. With Nike taking over the NFL contract next month I cranked out some Pro Combat-inspired uniforms for use in Madden.

Not to bad but you have to keep the red helmets and I don't really like the all black too many teams are going all black especially college.

Give the last guy our red helmet and that ONE would be ok,
    there is no black in red and gold
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    there is no black in red and gold
    You're kidding right? There is also no white in there either but it's an "accepted" color. If not, I haven't heard such an asinine comment in quite awhile.

The Chiefs have used a four color palette of red, gold, black and white since day one. Their main logo, their "face to the world", is primarily consisted of white and black with just a few red characters. No gold at all. When your primary logo consists of nearly 2/3rds of a pair of colors they are no longer some arbitrary accent. If anything, gold is the color of those four that is most often optioned out. That is simply because it is not necessary to produce the teams main logo.

When you go into a store or online searching for Chiefs gear red is the predominant color in everything. Next up you'll find a whole slew of white, black and grey (tonal variations on the previous two) t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, etc. It is quite the rare instance you can find anything in which gold is the dominant color.

You look at the Chiefs homepage, this website, and nearly every form of media the team produces and it is more often than not centered around the theme of red, white and black. Gold may or may not be involved at all.

To say that black or white does not constitute a "Chiefs" color would be ignorant and short-sighted.

Again, I said right off the bat that the traditionalists would not like my designs. I won't lose any sleep.

Well there is another reason I don't like the black they are called tRaiders.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    "I hate the old Model Ts. I hate them stock, I hate them hot-rodded. I think they're one of the fugliest cars to ever hit the road. I hate the fact that they came in any color as long as it was black. And on top of that, Henry Ford was a iron-fisted maniac who was infatuated with speeding everything up.

And because of that I hate every car ever made that was painted black."

I expected it but still shake my head every time that lame-azz Raiders-use-it reasoning is thrown out there.

The Steelers and Saints don't look like the Raiders. Neither do the Ravens, Eagles or Panthers when they wear their black alternates. Nearly every team in the NFL that doesn't have a very dark signature color uses black to some degree. Nearly every team in sports that doesn't have a dark signature color uses black. They don't look like the Raiders because of it.
    Last edited by LOBBS; 02-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    and it's.....

Not too bad but I like the current Jerseys. I like the all white aways more than the ones with red pants though thats a real uniform anyway.

BTW is that Madden 06?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Not too bad but I like the current Jerseys. I like the all white aways more than the ones with red pants though thats a real uniform anyway.

BTW is that Madden 06?
    It's FFXI, a modded version of Madden 08 and those are my 2020 Chiefs from one of my franchises. A small group of us has kept Madden alive since they dropped the PC version after Madden 08.

Every year, we put together new rosters, mods, and update the uniforms as necessary to keep the game current. We're ramping up now to get started on next season's version. Now that we've been able to get into the base files of the game there's not a whole lot we can't do with it. Almost everything you see in those pics has been pulled out, touched up in Photoshop and put back into the game. We can force the game to accept much higher resolution images than it came with originally. They're still not quite PS3/Xbox 360 quality but they are much better than "stock".

The PC version plays so much better than the crap that EA puts out every year on the consoles that I don't mind giving a little up graphically for near total control of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
    It's FFXI, a modded version of Madden 08 and those are my 2020 Chiefs from one of my franchises. A small group of us has kept Madden alive since they dropped the PC version after Madden 08.

Every year, we put together new rosters, mods, and update the uniforms as necessary to keep the game current. We're ramping up now to get started on next season's version. Now that we've been able to get into the base files of the game there's not a whole lot we can't do with it. Almost everything you see in those pics has been pulled out, touched up in Photoshop and put back into the game. We can force the game to accept much higher resolution images than it came with originally. They're still not quite PS3/Xbox 360 quality but they are much better than "stock".

The PC version plays so much better than the crap that EA puts out every year on the consoles that I don't mind giving a little up graphically for near total control of the content.
    WOW, youre putting a lot of work into this! I had 06 on PC, my first madden game, it was really fun. Controls were kinda awkward but none the less it was fun! If current Madden games had all the features of the old games, but the current new featues and the graphics of the current games, Madden would be the best game EVER!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast