Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some fantasy Chiefs uniforms for Madden

Default Some fantasy Chiefs uniforms for Madden

Yeah, I know the traditionalists will hate these. With Nike taking over the NFL contract next month I cranked out some Pro Combat-inspired uniforms for use in Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
    I'm aware of the history of their uniform combinations as I've read that wiki before.

I happen to be of the opinion that a change in uniforms is not necessarily a bad thing. Denver changed their uniforms and won two Super Bowls. The Patriots did also and have created a dynasty. If you look at the participants in the Super Bowl for the last decade the majority have made revisions in their uniforms in recent history. It's like buying a new suit before a big presentation, it's a shot of confidence, of shaking the past or a new way of thinking. The Chiefs haven't been to the Super Bowl in nearly 4 decades, maybe it's time to buy that new suit.

the falcons fans might disagree.

talent, hard work, and a little luck wins championships not uniforms. the thing about a tradition is exactly that it is a tradition. when you change it you end it and you usually can't get it back.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
    I knew that would come up and actually the Packers and Steelers have made subtle changes to their uniforms over the years. Not complete overhauls mind you but much more than the Chiefs. They are also much more liberal in using their option to wear their throwback uniforms. Same goes for the Bears and Saints of the mentioned Super Bowl teams of the past decade. The Bears wear their alt orange jersey fairly often and their throwbacks. The Saints brought back their all-black uniforms and have been wearing their numerous throwbacks more often in recent years.

Green Bay Packers uniform changes over the years.

Welcome to The Green Bay Packers Uniform Database!

According to this the Packers make some kind of change every couple of years and major changes about once a decade.

Pittsburgh Steelers changes over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_and_uniforms_of_the_Pittsburgh_Steelers

While the basic design has been the same since '68 they recently ('97) changed the font to the round numbers. They added the "new" throwback in 2007 and wear it as often as the NFL rules allow.

Just because you make changes to your uniforms does not mean you're giving up the teams heritage.
    uniform change I'm not totally opposed to. It's the color scheme. show me in our root (Texans) uniform the color black. You mentioned that the Donks and Pats changed theirs and won superbowls. But they stayed true to their colors. Black has never been, and hopefully never will be a dominant color in our scheme. I'm not knockin on your uni's. I do not like the black scheme for us period. Black outlines the arrowhead, ok. Now maybe a arrowhead down the leg....or, as long as it remained an arrowhead, maybe a more primitive/aggressive looking one on the helmet. but it must remain somewhat true to the original. If they keep the uni's like they are, I'm completely happy with that.

Does any one else hear their mom or dad saying: "if your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it?"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    the falcons fans might disagree.

talent, hard work, and a little luck wins championships not uniforms. the thing about a tradition is exactly that it is a tradition. when you change it you end it and you usually can't get it back.

THIS

The packers made slight changes to there jerseys and have won superbowls the Cowboys as well. Uniforms have nothing to do with who wins the superbowl NOTHING AT ALL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123