Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 Years ago today....RIP

Default 12 Years ago today....RIP

12 years ago today Derrick Thomas passed away. RIP 58!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Absolutely the very best IMO.

RIP Derrick!

it is often said about one whoe is gone that they will be truly missed, but rarely has it been proven as it was with #58

i had a customer originaly from KC last week. he met DT and Neil Smith one night and got to hang out with them all night. as he told stories of that night his eyes lit up and then as he got to the night of the accident and his subsequent passing there were tears in those eyes.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

This is no joke they cancelled a few of my classes...depending on the professor, unbeievable how much he meant to the community.
    My father, who is 100% french, was gm at trader vics at the wedtin crown center. We would go up to c him on the weekend getting there around 9 on friday. Well needlrss to say my fayher didnt recognize him as he walked in. Everybody seemed to know who he was but my dad. So my dad greets him at the door and poliyely says sir sorry we are closed. Turns out he was late for a dinner meeting. Talk about in shape. Him

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    it is often said about one whoe is gone that they will be truly missed, but rarely has it been proven as it was with #58

i had a customer originaly from KC last week. he met DT and Neil Smith one night and got to hang out with them all night. as he told stories of that night his eyes lit up and then as he got to the night of the accident and his subsequent passing there were tears in those eyes.
    His were not the only tears that have been shed when thinking about what should have been.

He may be the single most reason I've endured such BS decisions by this organization over the past 10 years. He made it fun to be a Chief's fan. This team needs to get a whole lot of his attitude!!!!!!!!

Of all the players who's names should not be mentioned around Chiefs fans, this date is far more infamous than any playoff loss in my opinion.

This is a day in Chief Nation, that is one of, if not the one, saddest date for Chiefs Fans!
    D.T. RIP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12