Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Needs?

Post Chiefs Needs?

I think the Chiefs need to work on their Offensive line, get another good Tight End, pick-up a Free Agent Wide Receiver (like Jackson from San Diego, or Philly), and another Good free agent Quarterback. Everything else is in place, what do you think?

I'm not sure we need a veteran WR as much as a lot of people think we do, as long as we keep Bowe. Breaston is pretty good and Baldwin will continue to get better. Having Charles and Moeoki back will help out our pass offense a lot. Both are pretty good receivers and having the threat of Charles running the ball will open up the passing game for everybody.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another TE or WR in a later round, but I don't think we need to spend a lot of money on a big name FA veteran. I would agree that O-line and back-up QB are huge needs for the Chiefs.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I agree we need O-line help...

I would love David DeCastro...but I have been thinking recently that RT is more of a pressing need at the moment because Lilja is still under contract...and I'm pretty sure the only OT's under contract are Albert, Maneri, and Mims if I'm not mistaken...

Not set on Maneri being the RT or Mims for that matter (basically because he hasn't had the experience yet, and was an undrafted FA last year)

So I'm thinking more like Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in Round 1.

Thoughts on which is the bigger need right now LG or RT???

Think we need saftey depth (Maybe Merriweather?), NT, TE, WR (a speedster to stretch the field), and of course QB depth (maybe Brady Quinn?)
    Brady Quinn?? What has he done to make you think he's better then anyone on our roster??

I think the point he was trying to make is we need a vet QB to challenge Cassel and in case Cassel goes down this next season as we saw this last season. Quinn is a FA along with Cambell and many others. We have to have some one who has already proved he can play, would he be the best? Not likely but we have to have some one who can play, not like Palko....

Default Good Talk

This was a good discussion, we all agreed on most thing
    s. I just love this site, I just joined today.

I'm from Ohio, and I've been a Chiefs fan for many years. Of course we don't have Chiefs items here, so I try to order things from various magazines.

I do think we need another QB.

Well, if we were to consider every starter returning next year, and those lost to injury returning at 100%, then I say OT; OG; ILB; RB....

And welcome to The Crowd.

O-line, O-line, O-line. After that maybe a tight end. Or possibly a good blocking FB.

Quote Originally Posted by trck7766 View Post
    This was a good discussion, we all agreed on most thing
    s. I just love this site, I just joined today.

I'm from Ohio, and I've been a Chiefs fan for many years. Of course we don't have Chiefs items here, so I try to order things from various magazines.

I do think we need another QB.

Welcome!

QB is certainly a must. I think we will be picking one up though free agency, one with actual experience, we all saw what happened last year.

Re-sign Kyle Orton for some real QB competition. Pick up Martin in the first round and draft a tight end or go after Jermichael Finley. Draft a stud RB or pick up Tolbert or Green-Ellis(NE ties). Also need another veteran wide receiver with or without Bowe like Deion Branch(NE ties) or Brandon Loyd. Draft a DE and ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by trck7766 View Post
    I think the Chiefs need to work on their Offensive line, get another good Tight End, pick-up a Free Agent Wide Receiver (like Jackson from San Diego, or Philly), and another Good free agent Quarterback. Everything else is in place, what do you think?
    Kyle Orton, but I think everyone expects him to go somewhere he will be be the guy from the start.

Welcome aboard the "Crowd"!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Brady Quinn?? What has he done to make you think he's better then anyone on our roster??
    Think it's a coincidence that his last start was a win over the Chiefs 41-34...

I don't think anyone has given him a chance to succeed, when he was drafted he was late to training camp, and Derek Anderson was awarded the job to start the season because of this, with the early success Anderson remained at the starting position the remainder of the season, Quinn got his first start the final game of the regular season...this was the year the browns actually finished 10-6.

The following season, Phil Savage (GM) came out and announced Anderson as their starter moving forward, already knocking Quinn's chances down...The team went 3-5 with Anderson and they made a switch to Quinn, He played really good agaisn't the Broncos and almost won, the following week he beat the Bills but injured his finger, trying to play through it the next game against the Texans he was taken out because of it and was placed on IR.

So to this point he has 3 full game starts....

The next season (His Last in Cleveland) Eric Mangini became the coach, and with a new coach it normally means open competition for QB, which it was. Quinn won the job, starting out with 2 losses to Minnesotta (the year they went to the NFC Championship) and Denver, Quinn was replaced the next week vs Baltimore at Halftime in favor of Anderson. Anderson lead the Browns to a 1-5 record and Quinn replaced Anderson as the starter after the Bye, Week 10 they lost to Baltimore 16-0 on Monday night football, but followed it up by throwing for 304 yds and 4 tds agaisnt Detroit. The next week they beat the Steelers, and followed it up by beating the Chiefs. Quinn would be placed on IR the following week with a foot injury.

So to this point he has 5 full games total in his career, with a 3-5 combined record...HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED A FULL SEASON!!!

I had the same thoughts when I came up with his name to add via FA "What makes me think he will be any good"

Fact of the matter is, he has never been given a chance (even in Denver, no way they could have started him over Tebow, too much fan push-back would have occurred), He has been able to set and learn, and we could bring him in with backup money.
    Not saying he will come in a light it up, but I think there was a reason he was considered a first round draft choice. He is young and athletic, and the risk would be minimal. I think he is good enough to push Cassel to be better, and if it works out in our favor could become Cassel's successor if we need to in a year or so.

The connection is there with Crennel and Dabol, so I thought it would be a possibility...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast