View Poll Results: Would you rather.....

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft DeCastro at LG, and look to fill RT via Free Agency?

2 9.52%
  • Draft DeCastro at LG, and a RT in rounds 2-3?

1 4.76%
  • Draft an OT round 1, keep Lilja, draft a developmental OG?

1 4.76%
  • Draft an OT in round 1, and an OG in round 2-3?

4 19.05%
  • Draft an OT in round 1, and fill LG via Free agency?

2 9.52%
  • Draft RB Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, and a late round OG?

3 14.29%
  • Draft RB Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA?

8 38.10%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The real would you rather...

Default The real would you rather...

(My options were to long to be in a poll haha)

Would you rather...

• Draft David DeCastro in round 1 to replace Lilja at LG, and look to fill RT via Free Agency?

• Draft David DeCastro in round 1 to replace Lilja at LG, and a RT in rounds 2-3?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff round 1 to fill RT, keep Lilja at LG for another year, draft developmental OG like we did with Asamoah?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and draft an interior lineman rounds 2-3 to replace Lilja?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and fill LG via Free agency (such as Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs) to replace Lilja?

• Draft Trent Richardson round 1, we will have the best run game in the NFL with him and Charles no matter who our line would be... Address RT in round 2, leave Lilja at LG, and a developmental interior lineman rounds 4-6?

• Draft Trent Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA (Grubbs or Nicks)?

If we picked up a good LG in free agency, then I would be all for grabbing Richardson if he was sitting there, and then get a RT in the 2nd round. But otherwise, I feel we should address OL before RB. Plus, if Richardson is there when we pick, there may be some people looking to trade with us to grab him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    They aren't doing that much better than the Vikings...Levi Brown has never panned out as a LT which they drafted him to be. He has played a majority of his career at RT and is a FA this year and could very easily leave.
    They drafted him to be a ROT because they wanted to protect the blind side of their left-handed QB.

You can set here and seriously tell me that if we had the opportunity to add Levi Brown or Adrian Peterson you wouldn't choose AP??
    Not that I was saying that Brown was a better football player, but, IF JC had not been injured in 2011, and looked equal to what he did in 2010, yes, I would get Brown over Peterson.

HBs just don't tend to last that long in The NFL, and Peterson has been starting to show signs of aging, including what happened to him in 2011.

If it were not for the availability of ROTs, and our raised need for a HB, I would definitely take Brown over a HB.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Oh..One more thing...If his OL is in HIS way...HE WILL run up your back.

For those of us that have had that happen to us or seen it happen, the OL learns real quick to fight forward than get busted in the kidneys regularly! LMAO
    That always works out so well.

It's the first priority of all "skill position" players to make enemies of your blockers. Just check the success rate of Larry Johnson since deciding to slam into his blockers' backs.

What a lineman learns from that is to get out of Mr. Toughguy's way and let him slam into a defender instead of his own back.

Getting hit with cheap shots in the kidneys does not improve anybody's skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    They drafted him to be a ROT because they wanted to protect the blind side of their left-handed QB.
    And the Cardinals are still being criticized for taking him instead of AP read this

Not that I was saying that Brown was a better football player, but, IF JC had not been injured in 2011, and looked equal to what he did in 2010, yes, I would get Brown over Peterson.

HBs just don't tend to last that long in The NFL, and Peterson has been starting to show signs of aging, including what happened to him in 2011.

If it were not for the availability of ROTs, and our raised need for a HB, I would definitely take Brown over a HB.
    Even if Charles was healthy this year, I would still think the need for a between the tackles runner would be about the same....Fact is Thomas Jones is wearing down fast, and we need someone to take his place, so this has nothing to do with the idea that JC was out this year...Plus I want JC to be around for awhile, and another workhorse RB will help keep in around by taking some of the load off of him.

That always works out so well.

It's the first priority of all "skill position" players to make enemies of your blockers. Just check the success rate of Larry Johnson since deciding to slam into his blockers' backs.

What a lineman learns from that is to get out of Mr. Toughguy's way and let him slam into a defender instead of his own back.

Getting hit with cheap shots in the kidneys does not improve anybody's skill level.
    Actually....In high school I was an RB, and had a similar situation during practice where on of the reserve OG's was getting some reps, and he was going against one of our best DT's.. About 3 plays in a row I got hammered in the backfield as I was taking the hand-off because he blew his blocks. I got so pissed I chucked the ball at him and yelled at him to block somebody because I was tired of getting my a** slammed every time I was handed the ball. My coach then ran the same play with him as the RB, and no OG...He got plowed over, and believe me, he didn't miss a block the rest of the afternoon...

And the Cardinals are still being criticized for taking him instead of AP read this
    Not by me.

Even if Charles was healthy this year, I would still think the need for a between the tackles runner would be about the same....Fact is Thomas Jones is wearing down fast, and we need someone to take his place, so this has nothing to do with the idea that JC was out this year...Plus I want JC to be around for awhile, and another workhorse RB will help keep in around by taking some of the load off of him.
    It is not the need of a between-the-tackles RB that raises Peterson's value for me. It is the need of a premier HB, due to the questions surrounding ours. Hence why JCs injury is a big factor... to me.

If not for the raised injury risk for Charles, I would be looking for a complimentary big back, not a high dollar premier back.

Actually....In high school I was an RB, and had a similar situation during practice where on of the reserve OG's was getting some reps, and he was going against one of our best DT's.. About 3 plays in a row I got hammered in the backfield as I was taking the hand-off because he blew his blocks. I got so pissed I chucked the ball at him and yelled at him to block somebody because I was tired of getting my a** slammed every time I was handed the ball. My coach then ran the same play with him as the RB, and no OG...He got plowed over, and believe me, he didn't miss a block the rest of the afternoon...
    Lol.

There is always some incredible story for an unreal notion, isn't there?

We are talking NFL players who have been in the position for years. You are no longer going to get some hidden player out of those guys by trying to beat it out of them.

Some high school back up has very little experience, and probably hasn't reached down within himself to find the best football player he can be. There is probably something in him that he hasn't found yet.

If you have inferior blockers (at the pro level) you are not going to turn them into superior blockers by being a d**k to them. You can turn them into enemies though.

Again, I refer you to LJ.

[quote=Jrudi;253703]And the Cardinals are still being criticized for taking him instead of AP read this

Actually....In high school I was an RB, and had a similar situation during practice where on of the reserve OG's was getting some reps, and he was going against one of our best DT's.. About 3 plays in a row I got hammered in the backfield as I was taking the hand-off because he blew his blocks. I got so pissed I chucked the ball at him and yelled at him to block somebody because I was tired of getting my a** slammed every time I was handed the ball. My coach then ran the same play with him as the RB, and no OG...He got plowed over, and believe me, he didn't miss a block the rest of the afternoon...[/quote]

Exactly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123