View Poll Results: Would you rather.....

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft DeCastro at LG, and look to fill RT via Free Agency?

2 9.52%
  • Draft DeCastro at LG, and a RT in rounds 2-3?

1 4.76%
  • Draft an OT round 1, keep Lilja, draft a developmental OG?

1 4.76%
  • Draft an OT in round 1, and an OG in round 2-3?

4 19.05%
  • Draft an OT in round 1, and fill LG via Free agency?

2 9.52%
  • Draft RB Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, and a late round OG?

3 14.29%
  • Draft RB Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA?

8 38.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The real would you rather...

Default The real would you rather...

(My options were to long to be in a poll haha)

Would you rather...

• Draft David DeCastro in round 1 to replace Lilja at LG, and look to fill RT via Free Agency?

• Draft David DeCastro in round 1 to replace Lilja at LG, and a RT in rounds 2-3?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff round 1 to fill RT, keep Lilja at LG for another year, draft developmental OG like we did with Asamoah?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and draft an interior lineman rounds 2-3 to replace Lilja?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and fill LG via Free agency (such as Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs) to replace Lilja?

• Draft Trent Richardson round 1, we will have the best run game in the NFL with him and Charles no matter who our line would be... Address RT in round 2, leave Lilja at LG, and a developmental interior lineman rounds 4-6?

• Draft Trent Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA (Grubbs or Nicks)?

Wow! You would think I've never posted on here before haha!

Sorry for the 3 threads back to back to back!

AND FOR MY PICK....

I like a couple options, but I just can't bring myself to passing on this guy if he is there...

Draft Trent Richardson round 1, we will have the best run game in the NFL with him and Charles no matter who our line would be... Address RT in round 2, leave Lilja at LG, and a developmental interior lineman rounds 4-6

I say this because I think we can find a decent starter at RT in round 2 like Zebrie Sanders from Florida State. Realizing that Lilja is older, and he did miss two games last year I would love to have a backup plan for him, or would even love to replace him with Grubbs or Nicks. But I do think we look to draft a developmental OG in a mid round no matter what.

Case and point, Richardson is the top player at his position, and probably the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson. I would rather have the #1 prospect at a position group than settle for the #3 at another.

Saw this on a mock draft and changed my perspective of what I thought about the opportunity to take Richardson:
    "For Chief fans who want a tackle or something else over Richardson, let me remind you of Arizona's 2007 NFL Draft. The Cardinals had a very slight need at running back (as much as Kansas City needs one), and Adrian Peterson was on the board at No. 5. They instead opted to take an inferior talent who filled a much bigger need. Five years later, I'm sure Arizona would rather have Peterson over Levi Brown.

Richardson is the best running back prospect since Peterson. Taking him here is the right move because you don't choose a Levi Brown over an Adrian Peterson."

No I do not think Richardson will bring us a championship, and no the Vikings aren't exactly lighting it up either (but look at who surrounds AP) If AP was on this Chiefs team, our offense would be one of the top in the NFL. Fact of the matter is that I love Charles so much I don't want to see him get torn up trying to carry the load! The mismatches we could create with Charles, McCluster, and Richardson would be freaking Nasty...It is a sexy move, but one that I do think would help this team out drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and fill LG via Free agency (such as Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs)
    This was from my mistake thread sorry...

Not a fan of running backs in the first round, so I would like any of the scenarios involving Martin/Reiff.

Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and draft an interior lineman rounds 2-3 to replace Lilja?

And sign Turner as FA from SD a bowling ball I think he would be as good as Richardson to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and draft an interior lineman rounds 2-3 to replace Lilja?

And sign Turner as FA from SD a bowling ball I think he would be as good as Richardson to our team.
    U mean Tolbert right? I was having a flashback to 2007 haha

I like this scenario as well!

I would really be happy with Martin, Reiff, Decastro, or Richardson...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

Yes I did I was going from memory and that is bad these days I am retired after all. But Tolbert would be a good matchup with Charles and McCluster. Put Tolbert in with either of the other two and who is the defense going to play the bowling ball between the tackles, the speed demons around the edge or a pass?

I would be delighted with any of these as well.

About a month ago I kinda critictised the idea of drafting Trent with the first, but after thinking long and hard I think it would be the single biggest pick we could pick. Our run game would be down right evil.

Decastro will be the most likely to still be there, and he would be my second choice. however I would love to see any of these four as a chief.

ps..... Of course we should see what we can land in the fa and draft what we can't sign through fa.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 02-08-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added ps

(My options were to long to be in a poll haha)
    I added a poll for you.

Had to shorten up the wording, but your opening statement still gives the full description you were wanting to convey.

And I voted for "• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and fill LG via Free agency (such as Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs) to replace Lilja?"

As Petersons blockers have departed, his success rate has gone down. And I think The Cardinals are doing far better for their pick at OT than The Vikings are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast